My Zed is getting a Re-spray!!!NOW WITH PICS!!!

SteveRS

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well lets hope they do a good job on mine, im dropping it down there tomorrow morning so they can make a start on it. I'll make my expectations clear when i drop it off. I was feeling quite positive about it, until this evening, after all i thought they came highly recommended. :headhurt:

. If it was my bodyshop I would have never let the car out the yard until I had sorted it out correctly.

Neilp if you understood the situation, you'd know you had no choice.

We are fully aware of the colour match on Wasso's car.

A good painter is just a good painter. They will still need to order the paint from somewhere else.

The kit was arranged to be sprayed on site without his car meaning there was no chance for a colour match. We can only go by the colour code of the car. We had 2 days to do this. Spray 1 day. Fit it the next.

Wasso came to us wanting to fit and leave on the same day.

The pant mixer had to mix without a sample and nothing to compare with knowing there was a few shades from the same colour code.

Wasso's boot was also a different colour compared to the car ad that's not sprayed by us.

Even if we did a test there wasn't a car to compare to.

We've offered to respray it and it will be done at a later date.

If you look at other people who had used our service such as coldel, hadZ and HaydnH you'll find they're happy with our work not to mention black with a metallic flick is much harder to match.

Steve we assure you your car is in good hands.

. If it was my bodyshop I would have never let the car out the yard until I had sorted it out correctly.

A good painter is just a good painter. They will still need to order the paint from somewhere else.

The kit was arranged to be sprayed on site without his car meaning there was no chance for a colour match. We can only go by the colour code of the car. We had 2 days to do this. Spray 1 day. Fit it the next.

The pant mixer had to mix without a sample and nothing to compare with knowing there was a few shades from the same colour code.

Wasso's boot was also a different colour compared to the car ad that's not sprayed by us.

If you look at other people who had used our service such as coldel, hadZ and HaydnH you'll find they're happy with our work not to mention black with a metallic flick is much harder to match.

It's good to see a trader come on and answer peoples comments in detail.

Always 2 sides to a story

Oh, and there's a PM coming your way for a full respray soon! ;)

kudos for that answer, if you didnt have at least a panel to match it with then hard to know how to mix the paint. Post some pics up of the re-spray. :thumbs:

I've only just picked this thread up after being on holiday and thought I'd post.

Arrangements were extremly tight and the boys did a great job considering. The deal was as promised and to schedule unlike some outfits who can't keep to deadlines. We were both on the understanding the match may not be perfect but as an understanding customer it would be based on a trial to see the outcome. Since fitting it has been noted the colour is off, but if you look at the paint face on to certain panels there isn't a missmatch. Half the problem is the material such as plastic and carbon fibre as they refract the light differently to metals. If the paint job was that bad we'd be all returning our cars because the fuel filler cap doesn't match the rest of the car :shrug: A further agreement has been made by Taras and Ray to respray the panels and blend if necessary as a matter of completing the job proffesionaly. As mentioned, I wanted the car for Wales the day after they had finished. In addition they originally sourced the paint mix externally. As a result of this they have moved towards in-house paint supply and mixing to ensure such issues don't occur again.

So Neil I think you're being a bit harsh with your statements without knowing the full story.

By the way, I'm not the only Zed out there with a colour match issue. Since the work a large majority of people have stepped forward with similar issues. Maybe their painters are blind also?

an alternative would be to wrap it?

Vinyl wrapping is a nightmare to look after. A paint job will always look much better and costs about the same.

I have to disagree on this one big guy. My vinly wrap is very easy to look after and am not sure paint is a couple grand better than out wraps lol

I know guys, i've seen the pics. B) Im well impressed with the work done so far :thumbs: and the fact that you have taken the time to send me pics of the progress is brilliant, im really looking forward to seeing the zed finished.

Some pics of the progress so far.

There was not a panel on the car that didn't have a scratch on ding when i dropped it off (not my doing)

IMG-20110718-00024.jpg

IMG-20110718-00023.jpg

IMG-20110718-00022.jpg

IMG-20110718-00021.jpg

DSC06028.jpg

an alternative would be to wrap it?

Vinyl wrapping is a nightmare to look after. A paint job will always look much better and costs about the same.

I have to disagree on this one big guy. My vinly wrap is very easy to look after and am not sure paint is a couple grand better than out wraps lol

Lol it's because you don't drive like I do :lol: mines is a complete nightmare and if I could go back and paint it I would. Total pain in the arse with bubbles, peeling etc. It's all burst from stones around the wheel arch. For the money I paid I could have my painter do the car for much much less and just used vinyl for the doors.

I appreciate rt-performance replying about ians car. I just hope that it does get sorted for ians sake and when it does then I'll give praise. My car got damaged 3 days before a show and had a fair amount of last minute work done. I still made it to the show and nobody would have been any the wiser to it. GM is also a very hard colour to match and my painter would have never let me have the car back until it was correct. Paulies car also took 13 coats of paint to match the ultra pearl yellow gt4 colour on the new spoiler and once again wouldn't release the car until it was spot on. I sincerely hope it gets sorted soon for you Ian.

+1 :thumbs: (the paint job, not Col's rear!)

Good luck with the respray, will be a stunner.

Just to give you confidence I saw coldels rear end last weekend and they did a great job on that, perfect match on the kuro and it looked great, was impressed.

GM is also a very hard colour to match and my painter would have never let me have the car back until it was correct.

So they would have forced you to miss the meet? :shrug:

Nope. That is exactly my point. He would have worked all night to get it ready... Which he did. I'm sure it happened on the Wednesday and I had the car back on friday. At the show in Saturday looking as good as new.

I don't want to be debating this as rt has answered very honestly and openly. They have made arrangements with Ian. So really the proof will be once ians car is spot on.

Saw Steve's car last week as I was in there, looks a lot redder than the photo shows (just goes to show photos don't show the exact shade you would seeing it for real) and it hadn't even gotten to the tidy and polish stages which will really bring it up, so far looking very nice Steve.

+1 on my rear end, not only is it a thing of beauty but the colour match is absolutely spot on :thumbs:

By the way, I'm not the only Zed out there with a colour match issue. Since the work a large majority of people have stepped forward with similar issues. Maybe their painters are blind also?

Even Nissan cant get the paint match right. The problem is not the material, but its getting the metal flecks in the paint to all "face" the same way. I had this shown to me first hand by my local sprayer (who incidentally doesnt now do it unfortunately). For my old GM there were two paint codes and on a swatch one of them matched perfectly. They did a patch repair of my bumber and got the match spot on, but he said it had to be blended into the other panels as due to the way the flecks would lie would mean the paint reflects differently at different angles. This is why stone chips virtually never appear the same colour as the car. And also why filler caps dont match panels as the flecks are all alligned differently and not blended into the panels around them.

I'm not supprised that RT didnt get the colour match if they didnt have the car to blend it to or even match the paint to :surrender: