My Zed is getting a Re-spray!!!NOW WITH PICS!!!

SteveRS

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything matters when colour matching, size of grinds in metallic paint, components it's mixed with, pressure of the gun, direction and amount sprayed, etc. Moreover, human hand will never be as accurate as computerized spraying factory machine unfortunately, no matter how talented the sprayer is. We'll be putting in our own colour matching scheme withing few months time to avoid unreliable colour matching places :)

A little update and i know you all like pics. The Zed is now in the polishing stage, RT-Performance have been working exceptionally hard at polishing my zed after the respray and i have to say it looks great! B):yahoo:

Taras working hard in the crazy hot weather we are having at the moment

DSC06095.jpg

Shiney

DSC06096.jpg

GM is also a very hard colour to match and my painter would have never let me have the car back until it was correct.

So they would have forced you to miss the meet? :shrug:

Nope. That is exactly my point. He would have worked all night to get it ready... Which he did.

Thing is though mate RT couldn't do this as by the time it was fitted and the contrast could be seen on the car Wasso needed to take it.....you can't fix something without the opportunity to do so. :shrug:

Its looking good though Steve :thumbs:

GM is also a very hard colour to match and my painter would have never let me have the car back until it was correct.

So they would have forced you to miss the meet? :shrug:

Nope. That is exactly my point. He would have worked all night to get it ready... Which he did.

Thing is though mate RT couldn't do this as by the time it was fitted and the contrast could be seen on the car Wasso needed to take it.....you can't fix something without the opportunity to do so. :shrug:

Its looking good though Steve :thumbs:

I do realise this after having a blether about it on here with Ian :thumbs:

Hows the red beast looking now anyways? All finished?

Looking better and better with each update :thumbs:

Thanks Mate. Im really pleased with how it looks now, cant wait to get it back on the road. I should have taken some before pics too, to compare as a lot of the red had started to change to pink in places where the previous owner had it parjed in the sun all the time.

Just in the polishing stages at the moment Neil. Almost there :yahoo:

ah good stuff... I actually assumed you were changing the colour of the car to red and not just re-doing it lol... i'm fooking slow sometimes :lol::thumbs:

ah good stuff... I actually assumed you were changing the colour of the car to red and not just re-doing it lol... i'm fooking slow sometimes :lol::thumbs:

Pay attention Neil :lol: You were too busy having a debate about Wasso's Zed. :lol: Glad your onboard now though mate. :)

Pay attention Neil :lol: You were too busy having a debate about Wasso's Zed. :lol: Glad your onboard now though mate. :)

:lol::thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...