My Zed is getting a Re-spray!!!NOW WITH PICS!!!

SteveRS

On saturday I'm taking my zed to RT-Performance to have a full re-spray. Im going to keep it the same colour, Chilli red. When i had a chat with Taras last saturday he offered me two options, he offered me the option of going for a metalic red or having the original gloss chilli red! :headhurt:

Im not sure which one to go with......................

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMHO if your going to pay for a full respray dont go standard colour as you lose the uniqueness your essentially paying for. Look at the GTR below as http://www.luxusni-auta.cz/ferrari/california/

That GTR colour is lovely! Im not doing a full, full respray as the door shuts etc aren't being done, hence the similar or same red colour. (it basically needs a respray because the bodywork is in a bad way)

id go slightly darker met red B)

wouldnt go for a complete colour change unless its done properly which would cost ££££'s

Totally agree, if your not stripping it completely I would keep it the same colour.

If you don't whenever you open a door or boot etc you will see the difference and it will look horrible. You might get away with a bit of pearl though.

proceed with caution, i've seen the colour match on wasso's car :thumbdown: The colour match is so bad that even a blind man could match it better

The whole car is being done, apart from the door shuts, so it shouldn't be an issue..........................should it?

proceed with caution, i've seen the colour match on wasso's car :thumbdown: The colour match is so bad that even a blind man could match it better

The whole car is being done, apart from the door shuts, so it shouldn't be an issue..........................should it?

if they cant paint match a panel i'm not so sure i'd let them paint my full car.

Have you seen the thread with the pics?? I seen it in person and i personally felt sorry wasso and his troubles. If it was my bodyshop I would have never let the car out the yard until I had sorted it out correctly. After seeing that I would never let them touch my car

Oh really, i've heard good things about these guys though!? What colour does Wasso have, some colours are a pain to match aren't they?

a good painter will match any colour.

Look down this thread to see the pics

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=50472

I'm sure that they have offered to match it better but imo it should never have been gave back to a customer like this.

I see what you mean............ Im going to make sure he knows the colour match has to be spot on before they start. I think Octet had his nismo kit sprayed by them and his looks good.

Has anyone else had any colour match problems?

Azure blue is notoriously difficult to paint match.

Although the effort on Wasso's boat is pretty bad (I've seen it in the flesh).

Thats not to say that they wouldnt be able to get a good match for Chilli Red.

If the price is right, and they give you a guarentee that they will re-do any work you are not happy with, then I see no reason why you wouldnt go with it.

Thats not to say that they wouldnt be able to get a good match for Chilli Red.

If the price is right, and they give you a guarentee that they will re-do any work you are not happy with, then I see no reason why you wouldnt go with it.

That is fair.

Vik has an azure and had a bit of hers resprayed and you would never know it has been repainted. Depends who is doing it.