A few pictures of my Zed at last

SnailHerder

I realised that since I joined the forum I haven't actually posted any pictures of my Zed.

On Sunday - 1 month after purchasing my Zed - I gave it its first clean up. After the Spanish rain with Saharan dust it needed it badly. So I spent a few satisfying hours giving it the full clay bar, paint cleaner, glaze and wax treatment. I'm pretty pleased with the results, such a deep clear shine.

04072011093_2.jpg

04072011105.jpg

04072011094.jpg

04072011096_2.jpg

04072011097.jpg

04072011100.jpg

04072011101.jpg

04072011098.jpg

04072011099.jpg

Now that my Zed is nice and clean it was worthy of the club badges

04072011104.jpg

Cheers guys! It was worth the six hours, the kinked back and the lobster-red face! I thought I'd be safe from the sun as I was looking down at the car most of the time, but I guess the even the reflection was too much.

It was my first time using the clay bar, amazing how much crap it pulled off. I basically stuck to the Meguir's range of products, but substituted Poorboy's World Black Hole glaze instead of the polishing stage.

If anyone has any advice how to improve the job please share! :thumbs:

Nice pictures and a tidy looking motor and as Keyser said looks better than the day you picked the Zed up and popped along to Port Solent. :thumbs:

You got the Stickers already on your car aswell, must get some on mine!

I looked out at my Zed parked on the street yesterday and saw some old guy stroking it. Yes - stroking it! I was a bit freaked, but he had a look of fascination on his face, so I went over to the Zed pretending like I was going to get in it. He jumped away when he saw me so I asked him if he was OK. He told me it was a lovely car and he couldn't believe how deep the shine was :lol::lol::teeth:

Now if only I could get the same reaction out of women - preferably good looking ones.....