Permanently disabling the traction control?

Lum

I have the complete traction control off at the moment. I did not indend too but there is some sort of problem in the system I am guessing and the complete traction control system is off, with the slip and traction control lights on.

I have been driving it for the past couple month and its fine. I guess you get used to it, plus it makes you smooth on the power and overall a better driver! :)

Thanks for the advice, i shall look into a method of having it permanently off with some sort of switch to turn it on i think.

I'm aware that some people think this is a bad idea however i'm running tyre sizes outside the recommended tolerances on my Z which confuses the traction control ALOT.... and as a reasonably accomplished drift driver i feel that i am capable of controlling the car safely without this specific aid.

You can disable it by disconnecting the power (or adding a switch) to the yaw sensor: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=46078&start=30

Great if you track the car as it disabled traction control and the brake assist thing which I found intrusive.

Yep, this is the only way to cut the front wheel braking thing which I hate. Switch it and you can put it back on when you want :)

Lum from SXOC BTW?? :)

you can just cut the fuse in the engine bay.

there is a fusebox next to the battery..

Which fuse is it?

Does it disable the abs?

Give me your email and I'll send you some pictures.

On mine its a brown fuse with 3 fuses inside.. 2 of them needs to be cut.

One is for the TCS and the other one is for the ABS

Last one is the ignition so bad idea to cut that one.

The traction control steps in very quickly when exiting a greasy roundabout in the wet I have found to my relief. I would never drive in the wet without it. Is it a problem pressing a button when you dont want its asistance? Not trying to be cheeky but I dont see it as a risk worth taking.

The problem is when you turn off TCS it doesnt disable the ESP, so that still works away trying to brake wheels to keep you going in a straight line when you start to slide. It can be a bit of a PITA when on track - on the road however I fully agree with leaving the TCS/ESP on :thumbs: