Trade in Ricey Lancer for a Z4 & give him the zed?

Carla

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I think Z4's are a fricking soulless awful sack of Germanic turd but each to their own I guess.

It's been 6 months on since this post....... Paul has sold the Lancer and is currently out viewing a Z4 (for himself though)

Wonder if he buys it? things always work out in the end :p

watch this space..... :teeth:

Did I read one of the posts wrong ?

I'M BACK!

What a day! For those that didn't know I was viewing this:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

Told before viewing that gearbox sticking in park occasionally (not a big deal if driving straight) and drivers window not always dropping for door close (£15 microswitch) - negotiated down to 6k prior to viewing. Did HPI check yesterday and found out it was CAT-D!!!! Spk to woman again (it was her recently deceased husbands car so she said she wasn't aware of it) - neg down to 5k subject to it driving straight.

Got there and this car looks like its literally just driven off the production line - immaculate. However drivers side window was raising up before the door was fully shut to it totally twatted the doorframe, passenger window not working at all from either switch AND not dropping so door wouldn't close at all! Bonnet took 3 attempts to shut, leather had rips and aside from the rather nice wood paneling it looked a bit cheap to me (nasty Ford plastic next to premium Jag wood)......*sigh*.

Ah well lets fire her up and listen to that custom exhaust - now I like an roaring zorst as much as the next man and the thought of a V8 lump rumbling down the straight through pipes gave me something of a semi........until I discovered it sounded like a Nova with a Peco big bore......with various bits loose.

Engine sounded grim (weird knocking noise) but took for a test drive regardless since we'd come 40 odd miles - gear change grim, power non-existent, handling - porridge in the shocks?, brakes - felt like I was Fred Flintstone.........for a first taste of a V8 this puppy was not doing the trick.

Like a good boy I walked away although I have to say - one of the most beautiful cars I've clapped eyes on in the flesh.

So demoralized and car less I had a think on the way home - do I really need 4 seats? If I get my little fezza through its MOT (£100 odd quid of works) I can run a shed for 4 seat instances.

So I got to peeking at Coxsters (just can't help but think people would spit on me in the street) and Z4's (never really considered them).

Saw this one on autotrader. £8k which is WAY more than I wanted to spend on a new car - 3 liter straight 6 which based on the stats is frigging fast, reasonable to insure (£750 fully comp), tax £260 and returning 30mpg on a combined cycle.

Got half way there and thought - why am I bothering the Z4 does nothing for me.

Got all the way there, took one look, stained my pants and fell in love. :cloud9: Simply..........stunning. All because of the hard top - it transforms the car. I love coupes and thats what put me off Z4 - stick the hard top on and its just an unbelievably good looking car.

Fully loaded (sat nav and all that crap), full service history, 12 month tax and MOT, bridgies all rounds, looks a little peach - £7960 all in

This advert does it literally no justice at all.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... 4/usedcars

So in a nut shell I wanted a cheap, reasonably fast, 4 seater car with a decent boot, cheap parts, with a turbo so I could stick a ghey dump valve on it.

What I got was a 2 seater, expensive, really fast, no boot, expensive parts, naturally aspirated BMW..........basically what I got was what Carla subliminally implanted in my head 6 months ago!

Seriously though I cannot believe how happy I am with this car! I was reet demoralized driving there - within 5 minutes there was literally no way I was leaving that garage without it!

Just pipped some woman to it by 5 mins as well.....gave me a right scowl as I smugly marched out of the show room :teeth:

BTW I am fully aware that this is a gay, birds, hairdressers car..........and I couldn't care less! :yahoo:

Personally I think Z4's are a fricking soulless awful sack of Germanic turd but each to their own I guess.

It's been 6 months on since this post....... Paul has sold the Lancer and is currently out viewing a Z4 (for himself though)

Wonder if he buys it? things always work out in the end :p

watch this space..... :teeth:

Did I read one of the posts wrong ?

Lol.........this is what happens when you make an assessment of a car without;

a - driving it

b - looking at it properly

c - looking in it properly

d - bothering to read up on how fast the damn thing actually is :drive1

Gay :yuck:

But its at least the straight 6 - thats a bit less gay! :surrender:

Good on you, get some pics up!

You can take it to tprice when she breaks down ;) now stock an sc on it :)

Piccies when I get it on Monday - those ones in the ad really do nothing for it. The hard top has got this cool little spoiler built into it too B)

You're some kiddy you are.

Overall, I'd say C-.

Its a pass, but only just. Engine saves it.

Which should be a lesson to all of us - don't cast judgement until you've actually looked at and driven the car.

I used to be the typical Boxster basher until lately when I actually listened to some people who had driven them and said that they are categorically a great car.

The way I see it I've just spend a grand more than I would on a decent Jag but I won't have the arse-clenching worry every time I turn the key that something is going to go wrong.

Lol.........this is what happens when you make an assessment of a car without;

a - driving it

b - looking at it properly

c - looking in it properly

d - bothering to read up on how fast the damn thing actually is :drive1

Glad your a happy puppy..... Or will you be going to work in a zed and Carla in her Z4 ? :lol:

Work on him Cala. You will win. :thumbs:

Ha ha, fully understand, looked at two of these (with the hard top) but settled on the Zed as I found the handling on the Z4 a wee bit tram liney, still a great looking car though. How does it feel to be part of a two Zed family!!!? :D

Gay :yuck:

But its at least the straight 6 - thats a bit less gay! :surrender:

Good on you, get some pics up!

You can take it to tprice when she breaks down ;) now stock an sc on it :)

Piccies when I get it on Monday - those ones in the ad really do nothing for it. The hard top has got this cool little spoiler built into it too B)

You know I am thinking about setting up my own business developing women's skills, starting off with......

"persuading your man to do what you want with them thinking they did it all by themselves"

What do you guys think?

1 to Carla as she now has her zed and a z4 = perfect

0 to Ricey as he has a girls car an the zed isn't his

:teeth::yahoo:

On a serious note, he's well chuffed and why not.....

Cxx

Sounds like a plan Carla, now, how does that reverse psychology thing work!!? :teeth:

You know I am thinking about setting up my own business developing women's skills, starting off with......

"persuading your man to do what you want with them thinking they did it all by themselves"

What do you guys think?

Cxx

What do you guys think?

Cxx

:lol:;)

well done to both of you,

pleased your happy, i know you'll enjoy it, and you now have the best of both worlds, vert in the summer, and coupe in the winter,

:thumbs:

and ignore what others on here say, you've got a good car, with a good engine, from a good manufacturer.

If someone doesn't pipe down then someone won't be getting a go in it and will instead be presented with the fiesta keys.

BTW.....i'll show you where the cleaning equipment is for YOUR Zed. :teeth:

have you shown her where the kitchen is yet?

He needs his trousers back first :p