Biscuits new toy...pics page 3

rtbiscuit

Well as some of you maybe aware i sold my S2000 on wednesday, and have been car-less for 3 days and its not felt good. so on saturday evening i left at midnight to go and pick up husky and then head on up to bonnine scotland. i got to Husky's at 2.30 am and we left his at 3.30 am, sharing the driving we drove though the night to edinburgh only stopping just over the border for my first ever tottie scone and square sausage. and we made edinburgh garage for 9.45 am.

the drive up was great we had a top spec volvo XC70 and it was like driving an armchair. so comfy and easy to sleep in, photos on facebook show proof of that. lol.

checked the car out and decided it was good and drove it back yesterday after staying at husky's folks. big thanks to husky and his family for putting me up and feeding me.

i'll get john to put up pictures later as he was the official road trip photographer.

<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

well as some of you may have guessed i have bought.............................. a jag :teeth::teeth::teeth:

in particular an XKR

its a supercharged V8 beastie

its a 2000 plate and the mileage is average for its age but the engine looks in very good condition. a few bits need some TLC but i wanted a project car; bit like a steppign stone into classic cars.

- its metallic black (needs a lot of attention with amachin polisher, but its something i'm looking forward to)

- has the rare 2 piece 20" BBS Detroit alloys in a light champagne gold

- Brembo upgrade

- satnav (although 10 years old still does a good job, but is earmarked for modding :ninja:)

- cream leather interior

- and every gadget under the sun and some husky and i had never seen before. :wacko:

a8565323.jpg

1507ed62.jpg

a9b52f3a.jpg

f16f09eb.jpg

ad421d70.jpg

b1414c16.jpg

d08c6df5.jpg

Gadgets we've found on our 1000 mile round trip

- i knew the car would have cruise control, but this one has the later adaptive CC which senses cars infront and adjusts its speed to maintain a gap (well chuffed it has it made the trip down a doddle)

- auto tinting wing mirrors that at night time tint to reduce glare form cars behind.

- electric adjustable steering wheel that raises when you take the key out to let you out,

- electric adjustable seats and mirrors

- a memory function that sets the seats, mirrors, and steering wheel all at the smae time to your preset.

- auto everything, lights wipers etc etc.

- a button labelled sport ( :teeth: makes the car insane :teeth: ) should be labelled SHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!

to say i'm chuffed is an understatement, i have been beeming form ear to ear all the way down. i'll get john to add the proper photos from his decent camera up fro people to see. :thumbs:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Biscuit and Husky popped in one the way home and i have to say the car is lovely.

I have always liked them and if it wasnt for just getting the new zed i would definately be more than a little jealous.

the wheels are B) and the whole car will look amazing once polished up and given that little bit of required tlc

good purchase mate. glad you are happy :thumbs:

Biscuit and Husky popped in one the way home and i have to say the car is lovely.

I have always liked them and if it wasnt for just getting the new zed i would definately be more than a little jealous.

the wheels are B) and the whole car will look amazing once polished up and given that little bit of required tlc

was good seeing your beastie as well, she is stunning, i cant wait to see it revealed properly :#1:

was good seeing your beastie as well, she is stunning, i cant wait to see it revealed properly :#1:

thanks mate. me either. shouldnt be long now though

I didn't know you'd got shares in oil ;) ;) ;)

Sounds beautiful mate, nowt wrong with going for a GT cruiser rather than a proper sports car in case anyone tells you otherwise. :thumbs:

done sports cars great fun, but this is a whole new bundle of fun, might not be as lights as the S2000 in the twisties, but when in sports mode the point and squirt on it is fantastic.

managed 27 mpg on the way back and the fact that i no longer have to use 98 ron fuel its like getting 10 p a litre off, so its costing me about the same to fill up as the s2k, yet on a long cruise i get more miles.

of course if i boot it every where then yes the fuel evaporates. but what else would you expect form a 4.0litre v8 with a super charger :lol:

I want to go home but the bad people won't let me :cry:

Considering the amount of posts you're making I doubt it would make much difference if you did leave. :boxing::lol:

ah so you would think. but the test i'm doing involves ignition cycles, they take about 45 seconds a time and i have another....*checks*... 30 to do, got to fill the time inbetween them somehow :help: