Biscuits new toy...pics page 3

rtbiscuit

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Im right in saying that the finances of Jaguar are a lot better now under TATA ownership than they were under previous owners. Im sure there was a news article stating how much better the profits were now.

You are probably right there. The previous owners were, to put it mildly, less than perfect.

TATA need to sell some more Tetley Teabags to secure their future :lol:

I believe Im also right in saying the survey is for cars registered between January 08 and December 09 - so it wouldnt have included that many XF's to be fair. But would have included a fair number of X types - so the later versions of those must be the ones to go for by that logic :thumbs:

The XF incidentlay got a whopping 2 stars for mechanical reliability and 2 stars for exterior quality - both of which cover my experience with the XF's we bought. They obviously didnt get anyone completing the survey who bought a car from hatfields, as miraculously they got 5 stars for dealer service. Some of them must be doing something right! I must have just picked a bad apple dealer. :(

The XKR however I wouldnt put in the same boat as JLR's "mass produced" rep mobiles like my XF - they will all be given an extra quarter tun on the screwdriver I think :)

Great car Rich, as I said on FB, enjoy it and have fun polishing it!

If I can offer any advice for cleaning it I'd say be very careful if you're taping the window frames as the paint has a habit of peeling even when blue 3M tape is used!

I had a great weekend in one when my Dad was given the XKR Silverstone by the local Jag dealer 10 years ago! :drive1:teeth::teeth:

Brilliant car.

Nice car biscuit, must be a far nicer place to sit rather than being surrounded by jap plastic...you need to ditch that wood though your not quite zimmer age yet :D

8 cylinders .... is that all ? :p

It's what you do with them that counts :D

Nice car biscuit, must be a far nicer place to sit rather than being surrounded by jap plastic...you need to ditch that wood though your not quite zimmer age yet :D

8 cylinders .... is that all ? :p

It's what you do with them that counts :D

i'm liking the wood :lol: didn't think i would but i do :blush:

Nice choice :)

I looked at these when I got the Zed, stupid power for peanuts - I just couldn't get past the image either. Definitely a modern classic though :thumbs:

How balanced is it in corners?

the CATS suspension is very good, so no wallowing in the corners. for me its a bit of a restoration, come dabble project. and allows me to get greasy with a car again.