Biscuits new toy...pics page 3

rtbiscuit

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know Jag dont give cars to testers/reviewers that have gone through the same process as normal customers cars, but instead give them ones that have been subject to much more scrutiny?

;)

You are also dealing with a set of customers that for the majority have jaguar written through them like a stick of rock and will not say a bad word about them even if the wheels dropped off. See the jaguar forums for example...

the survey above was a customer satisfaction survey of current owners, so no pre preppared cars used :shrug:

i was trying to find where ferrari came in it but all i could find were topics about them catching fire for no reason at all. :shrug:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/11071047

http://www.fquick.com/videos/Ferrari_F430_on_Fire/3153

So you went from talking about bio diesel ethanol etc etc to a supercharged V8 :lol:

I guess you felt now is the time to buy one, but one more moan about the price of petrol and i will remind you that you could have bought a GWizz :p

i did think this was going ot be my last chance at a V8 before petrol spiral s out of control, but it does mean i can also look at LPG conversion later on if i want a long term project car

I've been lookiing at the XKRs for a while now - such good value for money. Other than the fact they seem a bit lardy, it's just the auto box that puts me off. What are the shifts like on it? Does it have any sort of tiptronic controls?

I :cloud9: V8s.

I :cloud9::cloud9: Supercharged V8s

I'm so defintely going to put an XKR engine in something old and lightweight one day soon. Match it up to an SD1 'box or something :drive1

:lol:

Indeed, but as per the comments that I got, and you have got now - the vast majority of current Jag owners are the flat cap brigade that wont have a bad word said about them ever, the jaguar forums are testemant to that. We can post about how soft the paint is on Nissans, how plasticy the interior is all day long on here - no issues. Try mentioning something similar on the Jag forums and your comments and account will be deleted. It is truly bonkers.

Yep - you will find videos of ferraris on fire, lambos on fire, veyrons in ditches, all sorts. Its quite a sight to see something like that go spectacularly wrong, and to be fair the volumes they produce compared to the number of incidents is quite worrying. Not many videos about relating to the exhaust bracket recall on a Seat Altea - but thats not as interesting is it?

I've been lookiing at the XKRs for a while now - such good value for money. Other than the fact they seem a bit lardy, it's just the auto box that puts me off. What are the shifts like on it? Does it have any sort of tiptronic controls?

I :cloud9: V8s.

I :cloud9::cloud9: Supercharged V8s

I'm so defintely going to put an XKR engine in something old and lightweight one day soon. Match it up to an SD1 'box or something :drive1

only really done the long cruise at the moment but i really liked the auto box, it isn't a paddle shift but there is a mod to retro fit paddle shifts to the steering column.

the box is good. in normal mode its very smooth, stamp down and it automatically shifts down etc, stick it in sports mode and it holds the gears for longer and opens up the engine fully etc.

with my bad knee i didn't miss the clutch pedal one bit when we got stuck in traffic. and as its an older box there is no auto button to press to swap between settings the stick just glides between settings.

:lol:

Indeed, but as per the comments that I got, and you have got now - the vast majority of current Jag owners are the flat cap brigade that wont have a bad word said about them ever, the jaguar forums are testemant to that. We can post about how soft the paint is on Nissans, how plasticy the interior is all day long on here - no issues. Try mentioning something similar on the Jag forums and your comments and account will be deleted. It is truly bonkers.

Yep - you will find videos of ferraris on fire, lambos on fire, veyrons in ditches, all sorts. Its quite a sight to see something like that go spectacularly wrong, and to be fair the volumes they produce compared to the number of incidents is quite worrying. Not many videos about relating to the exhaust bracket recall on a Seat Altea - but thats not as interesting is it?

i must admit the one thing i;ve been really impressed with is the level of thought thats gone into the design of the car; they thought of everything, and it all makes sense, the manuals even talk about stuff that we tell people on the forum that the manuals on other manufactuers don't say.

taking into account my model was built when Ford were in charge, the build quality is pretty good. i know there are niggles and things i need to fix and sort, but in some way i wanted that, i missed having a car to dismantle and problem solve. i ve got some rust to remove, and i'm going to improve my welding skills etc.

i see this very much as a restoration project, there will be some modding in the performance area and in the noise area, but at the moment my primary goal is to make sure it runs its best.

i've got an engine flush to look forward to; which i'm actually excited about doing and looking forward to. :blush: i'm going to check and clean all the injectors, lots of other little things that i can work though etc

I like and look forward to hearing how things go. :thumbs:

While I'm at it, epoxy and/or spray paint on the back of you decals do NOT cause any problems. :thumbs:;)

:blush: (only got arround to it last Friday, sorry it took me so long to let you know) :blush:

Cheers

Chris