So... I bought one!

Decided to buy a 350Z and register after lurking on this forum for the past few weeks. I wasn't in the market for another car but my Alfa (hey, Clarkson says everyone should own one at some point so I've done my tour...) was on the way out and I wanted something a little more entertaining. I was looking at the Golf R32 and 350Z as sensible yet entertaining purchases. Seems quite a few people have traded them in recently, what with the mental fuel prices and the thirst that comes with big engines!

I live 20 minutes walk from work so I rarely use a car other than to drive to Leamington from Birmingham occasionally and 130miles south to Essex every couple of weeks. The fuel costs were therefore not a real factor. I bought an '07 and have to thank those on this forum... I've found plenty of information here and felt assured my decision to go for the 350 was the better choice even though I really liked the idea of and desperately wanted the Golf's DSG gearbox! 300+bhp, rear wheel drive... it's a new experience for me. I've never owned anything with more than 200bhp and now I've more than twice the power of my last car :D Saying that, I definitely feel the car is more of a GT than an out and out sports car what with it's smooth power delivery and weight. Perfect for the journey's I tend to make though.

The car has nearly done 40k miles and I get the impression that's a common point at which clutch changes are required? I'd also like to get the car serviced in the Birmingham/West Mids or Brentwood/Essex area as you can never be sure how well it's been looked after. Besides, I want to know the car is in good condition before considering a training/track day. If anyone has any recommendations or links, I'm all eyes.

Anyway - just thought I'd register and say hello! :)

I looked at the Gold R32 too for a while and after some deliberation, I decided I don't get it. I've seen them out and about and they must be so squirmy when you accelerate hard. In my opinion, if I want a small hatchback, it would need be fun to drive but somewhat cheap to run, which the R32 isn't :lol:. You made the right choice :thumbs: