So, how did you buy your Z?

MadMac

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i was in a horrific car accident (front seat passenger) and broke my back, 3 ribs and had a load of nasty internal injuries.

was medically discharged from the army and got a decent amount of compensation.

bought a 350z, wrote it off....

bought another 350 that is having a couple of things done but will be ready soon :D

Saved u p for 2 years then paid cash. DIdn't realise the insurance was going to be so bloody expensive though so that's been whacked on a credit card!

Still got my Fiesta 1.25 to sell which should help, a bit!

Had money in the bank doing nothing, thought whilst im still living at home i would have some fun now so bought a zed and ever since bin swaying between keeping it/selling it :lol:

love it to pieces just the idea that i spend so much money on it that makes me want to sell it :lol:

Same as the previous fun cars, the Z is owned 50/50 between me and a mate, as are all the running costs - which makes it very palatable financially. This one was bought with the sale proceeds from the previous venture - an S1 Elise plus some cash savings from each of us.

£100pm from each of us covers everything (including petrol) unless we hit a major problem. We fund mods separately but there haven't been any of any significance yet!

Same as the previous fun cars, the Z is owned 50/50 between me and a mate, as are all the running costs - which makes it very palatable financially. This one was bought with the sale proceeds from the previous venture - an S1 Elise plus some cash savings from each of us.

£100pm from each of us covers everything (including petrol) unless we hit a major problem. We fund mods separately but there haven't been any of any significance yet!

how do you work out the share of the car? is it like a divorced couple with the kids. 4 days with 4 without?

how on earth do you work out whos turn it is?

you two spend less than £200 a month on petrol, Jealous :(

Bought mine using a nice loan, as one was ending the year after, always wanted one, insurance was only £200 more than the mk2 mr2 i owned, hey presto, Zed!

Was getting married and was too embarrassed to drive to posh hotel in either my old beaten up civic or the other half's bashed in Clio 172, so part exchanged the civic and took the rest on finance. Bought the first 350z I saw!!! :teeth:

how on earth do you work out whos turn it is?

+elfman, mattbowey etc

90% of the time its an early trip out to an event - I drive one way, him the other.

I allocate alternate weeks at the beginning of the year - but no big deal if someone wants it on their off week - never been an issue. Eg he wants to take his wife away for a dirty weekend - no issue and vice versa.

Lower cost equals lower risk of marital discord. Has worked like this for years - 2 Caterhams, 1 Elise and now this. Agreement signed re death or destruction but not needed yet!

I got on a train to Bournemouth, crawled around in in the dark with a torch for an hour, then gave a man some cash in exchange for a 350Z. I got hopelessy lost on the way home (my sat nav was missing the maps for that area), and spent 10 minutes in the petrol station trying to figure out how to pop the petrol flap :lol:

Sold my previous car...............................to buy a set of Volks :lol:

Bought my Zed by handing over a bunch of them red notes with £50 written on them.

:offtopic: but... out of interest, who is that fine and rather bouncy looking lady in your sig? :)