Newbie from Stoke

Hi, I bought myself a 54 GT Coupe this week after wanting one ever since i started driving a few years ago. Its a gun metal grey and is completely factory standard with the addition of birdveiw satnav and the ray's alloys.

dsc00081nw.jpg

Shes in pretty good nick however It needs a few knocks sorting out and the rays alloys desperately need a refurbish as they have become all corroded.

Also there is a whine, almost like a supercharger, coming from the clutch release bearing when the clutch pedal is out...is this something to be worried about or is it normal for the zed? To be honest i'm having far to much fun driving it to be bothered about the above just yet.

I'm quite possibly one of the younger members? (20) plus i look about 16 so I sure do get some funny looks when puling up to the lights, which makes the cost/smugness all worth it :D

Cheers, Tom.

Hello and Welcome :thumbs:

Looks clean in the pic and Best colour fastest by far :D

Clutch noise is to be expected by all accounts but a "whine" may be a bit more worriyng ... an expert will be along shortly to flame me and help you :D

and if you need parts that won't be a problem here :thumbs:

:welcome:

Which cost more, the car or the insurance? :p

The insurence isn't as bad as most people think. Im with admiral, £1500ish fully comp with me as the main driver and my missus, mum and dad as named drivers. Not bad concidering.. :teeth:

Clutch noise is to be expected by all accounts but a "whine" may be a bit more worriyng ... an expert will be along shortly to flame me and help you

ekkk, I hope its not the diff! it's deffinatly coming from the front though, and goes away when the clutch is pressed in, so that indicated thrust/layshaft bearing i think cough hope :blink:

welcome, another one from stoke, starting to see a few more around here. my insurance was £600 this year, and i was 25 when i took the policy out, or £1000 if i paid monthly.

As for the whine, shouldnt be a whine, when your in neutral and the clutch is up there will be a noise, which is a charecteristic of the car, but if there is a whine when your driving, then there is a fault.

nice zed, same as mine.