Another MORON story...

evest

So, driving home along some great country roads at an even 60mph, plenty of straights and bends etc... I get caught up by a bright green Dawoo Matiz, occupied by three lads. Nothing against other people's cars though, just the morons driving them, especially when they tailgate, despite being unable to overtake. :angry::angry:

These jokers were itching to get round me, but weren't keeping up in the twisties and didn't have the power for the straights and could only catch up. Well they've pi**ed me off so I ain't slowing down for them to pass, and I ain't speeding up - why should I?

So they finally get a half chance to pass and 'floor it' so despite a powerful urge to speed up a bit to keep them where they belong, I decided to let it go and let them pass. They got just about level with me when what I thought would happen, did happen - oncoming traffic turns the next corner. As much as I'd love to see them crash and burn, not really fair on the other guy - so I brake giving them room to get back in. They subsequently slam on the anchors to avoid hitting the queue of slow traffic ahead which they hadn't factored in. :drive1

But they got past a ZED!!!! WHOO HOO!!!! :yawn:

Then the guy on the back seat (sporting a backward red baseball cap which made him look a bit...special) turns round and gives me the V's - clearly the big balls of the outfit. At the next red light I had my door open to get out and 're-align' these arseholes with a few words of 'friendly advice' but sadly the light turned green and so didn't get the chance. Probably a good thing in hindsight...

They then decided it would be fun to try and handbrake round some shallow corners - doesn't really work, just create a bit of smoke. Great.

Well they didn't crash, and probably just went on to show somebody else what a bunch of tits they are. :rant:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im probably the worst kind of driver for tailgaters! I simply slow down to under the speed limit and make them do it too. If they then pull out to get past i simply return to the speed limit +/_10% to stop them. Im quite used to the 5 knuckle shuffle gesture, V and Middle finger madness. One guy once undertook me in a bus lane, just as a camera came up. HAHAHA. Im not the slowest of drivers by a long shot so when people get up close and personal with my bumper, THEY PAY!!!

The best way to sort out these idiots is to let them go and then take their number and let someone with more authority sort them out. :dry:

+1

Whether I am in the ZED or another car, a tailgater is to be avoided - let him have his accident in someone elses boot and I will pull over at the first opportunity. Otherwise, and as you found out, a risky overtake will invariably take place as the idiot feels the need to prove his point.

I generally just ignore people. I do get angry because i drive thousands of miles a week at work. To be honest it really isnt worth the hassle. I had this a while ago... A guy tailing me on a 60road which was wide. I was young probs around 18yrs old and in a brand new c2 vts. The guy followed for a bit so i moved over and there was more than enough room to go by me. He never went. So as I cut onto the slip for the motorway he gave abuse as he passed. So i mouthed to him to go f*ck himself. The lunatic handbrake turned on a 60mph road and came down the slip road after me.

I'm a pretty calm guy so i kept cool. He undertook me on the slip road and his daughter in the rear seat decided to give hand gestures so i just laughed at them and carried on my way. He pulled onto the hard shoulder and got out and closed his bonnet correctly(which wasnt shut right when he was behind me) So in rush hour traffic i carried on. A couple of minutes later i see the lunatic travelling down the fast lane and he came right up my arse. So the traffic infront of me slowed and i had to brake heavily ;) and he ran straight into the back of me.

His car was destroyed and i thought mines was too. His daughter (about 14yrs old) threw a brick off the back of the car and started punching my passenger window at the missus. The guy was also punching my window at me. I noticed his wife was also in the car. SO he's mouthing to me, "what you gonna do now big man" I mouthed back " you ran into the rear of me you stupid c"nt, see you in court "

So anyways i called 999 and reported him attacking me, a police helicopter showed up with 2 cars. While we were waiting a few people stopped as they recognised my car. I got out of the car... i'll tell you something.. he wasnt so smart when he seen the size of me.. he was merely a shadow of my arm. I sat quite low in my cars as a youngster and probably looked pretty small. He soon changed his tune. His daughter then proceeded to throw a brick at my dad when he turned up as he spotted me on his way home from work.

The police turned up.. he admitted everything... police didnt even breath test him.

I got a 3.5k claim for injuries, the missus got 2k

happy days... :lol:

I always play the thinking mans game with arsehole drivers :teeth:

Im probably the worst kind of driver for tailgaters! I simply slow down to under the speed limit and make them do it too. If they then pull out to get past i simply return to the speed limit +/_10% to stop them. Im quite used to the 5 knuckle shuffle gesture, V and Middle finger madness. One guy once undertook me in a bus lane, just as a camera came up. HAHAHA. Im not the slowest of drivers by a long shot so when people get up close and personal with my bumper, THEY PAY!!!

I believe that could be classed as dangerous driving and you could actually be arrested for it! If someone is on your tail and you slow down is one thing, speeding up could cause a serious accident.

For me, the worst thing is people in the middle lane of an empty motorway as I rarely get people on my tail.

It really isnt worth the hassle getting involved with these people. Just pull over and let them past. You never know who you're messing with. My grandad who is 89 got headbutted of a teenager because the teenager cut him up and stole a parking space.

It could be a random teenager or a real life gangster. You never know... keep yourself safe and dont worry about others.

you can report them remember, take the number and keep well away from them.

I know this is the sensible thing to do - but I always think: surely it would by my word against theirs, without any proof. I guess the police might look out for the plate if they get reported a few times though.

I can't remember it now, but I'll bear this in mind for next time.

It really isnt worth the hassle getting involved with these people. Just pull over and let them past. You never know who you're messing with. My grandad who is 89 got headbutted of a teenager because the teenager cut him up and stole a parking space.

It could be a random teenager or a real life gangster. You never know... keep yourself safe and dont worry about others.

+ 1,000,000

My commute home includes the A20 slip road that goes from 2 lanes to 1 which is where Kenneth Noye was cut up by Stephen Cameron and we all know how that ended in the layby just after it....

It still happens everytime I come home, 3 lanes on the roundabout, 3 exits but all 3 lanes trying to beat everyone else to the 1 exit for the A20 :surrender:

And yeah report them, if they get reported enough it might make them think again.... and could save an accident, you never know :shrug:

I had one idiot on the M56 playing with traffic. He was charging down lane three then driving between lane two and three at 60 to block the traffic. His passenger thought it was hilarious but probably didnt when they were pulled in by two traffic cars. I also got a very nice call back from the police telling me what happened.

Yeah, just take their number and report them. While there are plenty of idiots who will try and bully you there are 10 times as many who just don't realize that they are tailgating. On a recent motorway drive in my Clio I estimated that probably about 20% of drivers leave sufficient room, about 60% drive too close and the remaining 20% drive dangerously close. There's a stretch of Motorway on the M56 near Runcorn where they have painted chevrons on the road and signs to leave a 2 chevron gap between vehicles. I was in inside lane doing 70 but overtaking me at about 85 was a line of cars about a third of a chevron apart :shrug: .

Pete

I once cut in front of a guy because despite indicating to join the 1st lane from the second, nobody would let me in, and i simply ran out of room. I raised a hand to say sorry. Boy, he didn't like it! kept driving at my rear as if he was gonna ram me. I slowed right down once it was back to 2 lanes but he wouldn't pass just sat 1" from my bumper. We stopped at some lights, i see him jump out the car and leg it to my window screaming 'wind the f***ing window down' i was just saying 'errrr why would i do that mate?' he kept on screaming. The lights went green so of i drove with him running back to his car. 5 mins later at a round about traffic lights he pulls up beside me...screaming still! i went round the roundabout twice with him following me :lol:

Then i remembered the Hants police headquaters were just down the road, so i thought id see if he'd follow me all the way up to reception :) Unfortunately at that point he wheel span away from the lights around a tight bend almost on 2 wheels.

Moral is, there are some freaks out there so be careful! and dont cut in front of them :lol:

The guy that followed me was lucky it wasnt a backroad with no one around as he would have had a major problem on his hands. I did tell him that. Its handy being a plumber/ac/electrician. All those leftover scraps of carbon steel pipe laying under my seat are for legit reasons :lol: oh and so is my friend stanley :lol:

It doesnt matter how tough anybody is the best option is to avoid conflict apologize even if not nessecary just to avoid a confloct and report to police. Doesnt matter how big or strong you are, these days there are some mental people about and will do irrational things. Not only that but i always say there is always sombody bigger or stronger than you. Acting tough gets you in to trouble, im 21 work out 5 days a eeek could easily be stronger than most but hey i dont care looking like a sissy end of the day use your head and stay out of trouble is my motto.

Besides i believe in karma

Its a shame so many young people act like that now days, gives the elder people a bad view of all young people and thus they look down on us in our early 20's or perhaps younger!

A guy once cut up my dad causing him to emergency stop nearly giving himself whiplash, which he proceded to give the universal 'I dont like you' gesture to the guy only for the guy to do a U turn at a roundabout and follow him into morrisons carpark and knock him out :boxing: My dad still made it back with a 24pk beers for my 17th bday party :wacko: Since this I very very rarely make any jesture, its always better to pull over and think yourself lucky, you never know which whacko is in the other car!

As for taking licence plates and telling the police that wont do anything, only way is if a cop is there at the time as a witness, I believe there is a website for posting bad drivers on. :snack:

a friend of mine had a incodent where a guy pull infront on him got out of the car and starter shouting and bouncing off the bonnet, my friend did the sensible thing and ran him over, told the police, they said it was self defence... WIN!

Since everybody is having a gripe and telling stories i thought i would add mine, now i live in an area that has a lot of people and horses that use the lanes, and one of my pet hates is people driving around these lanes at stupid speeds, well i say stupid but given that they have lot of blind bends, i drive at around 25mph and consider this to be reasonable,

Anyway one summer day i am driving to some friends with the wife and as the windows are down i can here the sound of a hot hatch being raged around, so I'm already on alert, sure enough Saxo packed with youthes comes screeching around the bend ahead, the funny part was the look on their collective faces as they realised on mass that A, they where either going to crash into me, i had already come to a halt and was bracing myself,

or B, go into the ditch on my right, as there was no way i was going into the ditch on my left, well they chose the ditch I'm glad to say.

So my reward was to pull gently along side smile and say moron's! and just drive off to leave them to walk home or get a tow, and hope it was a lesson learned :)

a friend of mine had a incodent where a guy pull infront on him got out of the car and starter shouting and bouncing off the bonnet, my friend did the sensible thing and ran him over, told the police, they said it was self defence... WIN!

Excellent!!!!

I am quite a placid driver really these days, mainly as a result of spending so much time on the road, you tend to be a lot calmer driver and let things just go over your head rather than getting wound up. But, I still occasionally come across the odd idiot driver.

In my experience theres not much you can do really, its your word against theres. Even if they crash into you. I had some boy racer pile into the back of my car a few years back. I was stationary and had been for 2 or 3 minutes, waiting for an oncoming vehicle to pass, when this guy ploughed into the back of my car. He had got to be doing at least 60mph and it was a 30mph zone. He was braking so hard the bonnet of his car went under the back of mine. My car was totally written off. The back was destroyed, the force of the crash threw me back so hard that the drivers seat ripped out of the floor mountings. For me, I thought the damaged caused would clearly indicate the other driver was speeding. But no. The police said there was "not enough evidence" to charge him with any driving offense", and he got let off.

I was off work for 3 weeks with whiplash and injuries and darent drive for weeks afterwards. Unfortunately the insurance company said that they dont really pay much out for whiplash any more, so i ended up getting £800 or something if I remember rightly.

It doesnt matter how tough anybody is the best option is to avoid conflict apologize even if not nessecary just to avoid a confloct and report to police. Doesnt matter how big or strong you are, these days there are some mental people about and will do irrational things. Not only that but i always say there is always sombody bigger or stronger than you. Acting tough gets you in to trouble, im 21 work out 5 days a eeek could easily be stronger than most but hey i dont care looking like a sissy end of the day use your head and stay out of trouble is my motto.

Besides i believe in karma

Its a shame so many young people act like that now days, gives the elder people a bad view of all young people and thus they look down on us in our early 20's or perhaps younger!

I wouldn't say strength is anything to do with the issues which arise from road rage. I'm a pretty big guy and used to workout constantly but I have mates half the size of me who would cut someone up without thinking about it twice. It's all about who's got the balls to use a weapon or a gun.

Where I'm from can be pretty rough. We were always brought up to defend yourself. Even if it was a fistfight you took a tool.

As for the boy that confronted me, he was lucky it really wasn't a backroad. I'm pretty sensible so left it as there was hundreds of witnesses on the motorway. If it was a back road and he confronted me regardless of who it was or how tough he was I would have still confronted him. There's times and situations where sometimes you need to defend yourself and do whatever it takes to protect yourself. At the end of the day when it all boils down it's your life or there's.

So, driving home along some great country roads at an even 60mph, plenty of straights and bends etc... I get caught up by a bright green Dawoo Matiz, occupied by three lads. Nothing against other people's cars though, just the morons driving them, especially when they tailgate, despite being unable to overtake. :angry::angry:

These jokers were itching to get round me, but weren't keeping up in the twisties and didn't have the power for the straights and could only catch up. Well they've pi**ed me off so I ain't slowing down for them to pass, and I ain't speeding up - why should I?

So they finally get a half chance to pass and 'floor it' so despite a powerful urge to speed up a bit to keep them where they belong, I decided to let it go and let them pass. They got just about level with me when what I thought would happen, did happen - oncoming traffic turns the next corner. As much as I'd love to see them crash and burn, not really fair on the other guy - so I brake giving them room to get back in. They subsequently slam on the anchors to avoid hitting the queue of slow traffic ahead which they hadn't factored in. :drive1

But they got past a ZED!!!! WHOO HOO!!!! :yawn:

Am I the only one who thinks that you were smoked by a Daewoo Matiz :p

Only joking.