Chris Moyles WR

iain10101

I have been drawn to listening to The Chris and dave comic relief special on Radio 1. What a feat! Raised over £1.1m in less than 2 days from the listeners. Respect to the team and good luck with the World Record attempt! I have laughed so much and have listened non stop, when im awake, James Cordon on now and soooooooooooooo funny! Just goes to show that money can be made to help people in need! I hope that something gets done to help the Japaneese and in the same way making some huge amounts of money to help the families that have lost everything. Cruel world!

not everyone likes Chris Moyles, but generating over £1m for comic relief by doing this is something to be admired. Fair play if they get a world record at the same time, hopefully the money raised will save some lives around the world - Ive donated to it. :)

Think you need to change the title of this to "New torture method being introduced by MI6"

I seriously can't think of anything WORSE than listening to some fat, uncouth, unfunny, boring imbicile and his paid sycophants sucking up to his every pointless benign word.

:thumbdown:

I don't understand what it has to do with comedy though! :bangin:

You obviously havent heard it then - there have been some stupidly funny moments.

I'm amazed he's still going, although he does look like he's lagging now for the first time since the start.

The annoying thing for me, is athough they'll raise like £1.5m, they are meant to have what 7m listeners on the breakfast show alone. How many people out there listen and dont text in :boxing:

The annoying thing for me, is athough they'll raise like £1.5m, they are meant to have what 7m listeners on the breakfast show alone. How many people out there listen and dont text in :boxing:

7m tune in to listen to try and guess which celebrity is blowing a raspberry. I'm so proud to be British...!

However, good job on raising the money, thats important, and whatever I might think about the content, if it gets cash to good causes then fair play. Personally I can take or leave Radio 1, so not a fan as such. I guess every now and then, on the way to work, I don't mind a bit of mindless, purile, childish banter to take my mind off things. Other times I feel like I've definitely grown out it (and I'm only 30!).

That said, it beats Singal One where I live, playing the same... effing... playlist... every... effing... morning....zzzzz.... :yawn:

I think the problem a lot of people dont get with Moyles is you have to listen every day. I dont think I could just tune in one day and get it. Having listened to him for years, theres a lot of in jokes and they carry themes from one day to the next.

I think the problem a lot of people dont get with Moyles is you have to listen every day. I dont think I could just tune in one day and get it. Having listened to him for years, theres a lot of in jokes and they carry themes from one day to the next.

+1

Also the Golden hour every Friday is well worth a listen

Anyone got a pic of the swimsuit moment or was that a lie? The website crashed :lol:

Crazy how much the total climbed this morning. On my way into work they hit £1.2m at about 7:30am, so to hit nearly £2.5m thats amazing!

I used to hate Moyles but I've grown to like him after listening fairly regularly.......better than listening to 10 minutes of adverts out of every 15 minutes on Radio City!

Just to make a point - anyone in the northwest will now what I mean (without any googling) ;

John Leach can be contacted at the Widnes Car Centre on 0151 420 2000, 420 2000

You can call the Mortgage Point on 708 0 808

For injury claims you can call Paul now on 0151 36 36 36

Marketing at its best that is....literally pound people with numbers until they are seared into your psyche!

Good on your Moyles and Dave......2.5 mil is a pretty impressive number