New car, love it but............

Hi guys,

Bought a 55 plate gun metal (coupe) 350z a week or so ago and i love it. looking to get a plenum spacer, uprated air filter and remap to make it an even better ride.

one thing that is driving me mad though. there are serveral rattles, squeeks and vibrating noises. these are kind of putting a dent in the experience. the car it is superb condition both inside and out. wondered if there are any common faults and easy fixes?

Thanks

Pete

yeah i have had any kind of intelligence i would have added details of the noises, oops :blush:

noise around the three dials on the dash, mostly at higher revs

constant leather on leather sound coming from passenger side, near seat, or passenger door, not sure where. (i have altered seat position and angle with no difference)

loud vibration from the rear of the car, again at higher speeds generally, tried fiddling with the brace across the boot with no luck so dont think its coming from there.

occasional rattling from drivers door card, does not seem speed or rev specific.

sorry to go in to so much detail, but driving me mad!!

thanks for the help so far

Welcome! Try some silicone grease on the rubber stoppers inside the passenger door and under the boot? From the dials is odd though - try adjusting it up and down a bit, more play than expected? Or it could be the trim immeadiately to the right of the cluster - that is fairly prone to a rattle it seems! :thumbs:

Welcome mate. Lots of noises come as standard on the zed lol. The dash tends to rattle a lot. The strut in the boot can squeak. The seat belt clip squeaks. The axles click. The banana bar knocks. The cv joints creak. Search for them all there are fixes for them

But most importantly of all... The v6 roarrrs!! :drive1

The three centre consol dials are held on with a clip at the top so try pushing down near the windscreen if not there are 4 screws behind the ac controls use a screwdriver to pop the silver shifter surround off to get at the bottom 2 then remove the sat nav controls with a screwdriver or some thin metal under the front to pop them off to reveal the other two screws.

If that doesnt work, hit it with a hammer :thumbs:

Welcome. :wave:

Welcome to the forum Pete. Firstly take the batteries out of your hearing aid, you won't hear any squeaks that way. :p:lol: Lol, only teasing.

Seriously, the dash squeak, if you get some very high density foam, cut into a very thin strip, and wedge it in between the dash and windscreen glass, you should find that that squeak will go away.