£1.40 / litre and rising

yankeesiter

Here's a couple of items for your diaries guys:

From Saturday's Independent newspaper:

This coming Friday, the 11th, there will be a demonstration by thousands of Shia Muslims in the north-eastern provinces of Saudi Arabia. The government has already mobilised 10,000 troops to put down any potential problems.

Saudi Arabia produces 40% of the world's oil.

Saudia Arabia has already warned Bahrain that if they don't take care of their Shias then the Saudis will. Not only does that have implications for the price of oil but unless they can stabilise the dictatorships in both countries, the Bahrain GP may well be under threat.

Democracy may well be bad for petrol prices and F1 racing.

:evil:

I love how the cost of making a living is rising at a far faster rate than the salaries we live on. It's a joke. I earn more than I did last year but essentially I am worse off.

:angry::angry::rant::rant::bang: ... Makes me sick to think what it will be like this time next year, time to downgrade..

Drilling is underway in the Falklands. A very difficult project though. Its a good job we wont need a navy to defend it again. :shrug:

This I didn't know! I hope we don't need to defend it again, I prefer debilitating heat rather than the freezing cold! Lol I went over there a couple of years ago, working through the night during a -16 sideways hailstorm...... Did not want!

Anyhoo, yeah fuel prices suck. Cost me 145.8ppl yesterday for BP super unleaded stuff (I forget it's proper name....)

Drilling is underway in the Falklands. A very difficult project though. Its a good job we wont need a navy to defend it again. :shrug:

If there's salvage in it, we'll take the Ahoada down. Who needs a navy when you have the mighty SA!

At least they have the balls to demonstrate. Unlike us lot who just kick back and do feck all. Good on them i say. :surrender:

In true British style, we should get a petition together post-haste and send it to the king of Saudi Arabia telling him to 'get a grip' as all this silly nonsense is making western driving pleasure too expensive...

At least they have the balls to demonstrate. Unlike us lot who just kick back and do feck all. Good on them i say. :surrender:

In true British style, we should get a petition together post-haste and send it to the king of Saudi Arabia telling him to 'get a grip' as all this silly nonsense is making western driving pleasure too expensive...

Don't forget the Tea & Scones when writing said petition :lol:

If there's salvage in it, we'll take the Ahoada down. Who needs a navy when you have the mighty SA!

Not enough room on the SA to store the drink for that place. Also not enough crew to make a pool team.

At least I could show you how to catch fish though. :p

Not enough room on the SA to store the drink for that place. Also not enough crew to make a pool team.

At least I could show you how to catch fish though. :p

:bang:

Venezuela petrol prices are 12 cents per gallon.......this is what happened last time they tried to hike the price

But past efforts to raise gas prices have not gone well. Authorities in 1989 raised fuel prices at the height of a recession, leading to three days of rioting during which at least 300 people were killed. Human rights groups say troops may have killed several thousand people.

anti-chavez_march.jpg

Lol, don't tell me about the price of gas, it's quite sickening. :thumbdown: Starting to sky rocket here again, almost up to the high it was 2 years ago, bar about 10 cents a litre (was $2.40 a litre - so $192 from empty).

We're up to $2.15 for 91 octane, so that makes 98 octane/Z food at about $2.30 + per litre. Or NZ$184 if flat empty to fill. That's quite a lot of clams, and given the prices increase across the board for absolutely everything.

Hopefully people will do what they did last time, and the consumption went down dramatically, and the price of the petrol came right back to the pre hike prices. :#1:

Would be interested to see what price our Auzzie cousins are paying too.

Lol, don't tell me about the price of gas, it's quite sickening. :thumbdown: Starting to sky rocket here again, almost up to the high it was 2 years ago, bar about 10 cents a litre (was $2.40 a litre - so $192 from empty).

We're up to $2.15 for 91 octane, so that makes 98 octane/Z food at about $2.30 + per litre. Or NZ$184 if flat empty to fill. That's quite a lot of clams, and given the prices increase across the board for absolutely everything.

Hopefully people will do what they did last time, and the consumption went down dramatically, and the price of the petrol came right back to the pre hike prices. :#1:

Would be interested to see what price our Auzzie cousins are paying too.

Just got a text back from my family in Australia and they are at $1.35 litre..

so lets say £0.84 pence

Just got a text back from my family in Australia and they are at $1.35 litre..

so lets say £0.84 pence

That's still a fair bit cheaper, even taking into account the exchange rate.

Just thinking back 7 years when I purchased the Z, it was costing about NZ$70-80 a fill. It cost $80 this morning, and it wasn't anywhere near half empty. Quite a dramatic increase in costs.