POWER IS NOTHING IF YOU CAN'T CONTROL IT!!!!

ninjaz

So i was coming up to a traffic light operated roundabout in Watford tonight when an idiot in a RS tuned FORD PUMA!!! cut me up, revving his engine expecting me to "race" him (raining as well). Lights turned green with him in front of me and we both move off....he flaws it going around the roundabout and ends up spinning it 180 (luckily not hitting any car or anyone else).....as i drive by casually laughing at him. Even as we got onto the dual carriageway i slowed down so i could see his red face, but he never overtook me....even though i was just cruising at 40 on a 50mph road lol.

These are the idiots that gives younger drivers like me a bad reputation. And there seems to be more and more of the each day i go on the road :rant:

Good on your for being responsible and not taking the bait. :thumbs:

+1 Zed's seem to attract "red light racers" like moths to a flame!

I totally agree with you on that point ...

With recent fuel price increases I've been trying to drive a bit more economically on my daily commute ... but there is always someone trying to get me to race etc ...

I don't usually do it .. but sometimes I just have to floor it!

:boxing:

an idiot in a RS tuned FORD PUMA!!!

The RS division never touched the Puma, the FRP was created by the Rally team in Boreham ;)

Well done for not biting, it's just not worth it.

What I find most impressive is that the Puma went sideways so easily, kudos to those Boreham engineers ;)

+ 1 on not taking the bait fella

I remember when I first got my Zed - coming off a roundabout onto an empty dual carriageway and thought "why not" - fish tailed it but fortunately maintained control. Cold road, cold tyres and stupid person at the wheel - me! :blush:

Anyways, glad it happened in a way - learnt a lesson; respect for the car and for the road conditions. Had my fair share of provocation for racing too - and pleased to say I don't bother with it.

Too many people out there have watched films like "fast and furious" and think it's clever to race on public roads. :bang: It isn't. It just gives performance car owners a bad reputation and ultimately ends up with people getting hurt.

That said, there's nothing like having a play with a like-minded enthusiast you happen to stumble across when out and about. I had a huge amount of fun the other weekend in Milton Keynes (not a phrase you hear very often) with a current gen Jag XKR who was giving it full beans whenever possible. The sound of both his car and mine being used to the full = :cloud9: All done at legal speeds mind, thanks to the four million roundabouts and dual carriageways in MK.

That said, there's nothing like having a play with a like-minded enthusiast you happen to stumble across when out and about. I had a huge amount of fun the other weekend in Milton Keynes (not a phrase you hear very often) with a current gen Jag XKR who was giving it full beans whenever possible. The sound of both his car and mine being used to the full = :cloud9: All done at legal speeds mind, thanks to the four million roundabouts and dual carriageways in MK.

+1 but doesnt happen often ;)

Good on your for being responsible and not taking the bait. :thumbs:

+1 Zed's seem to attract "red light racers" like moths to a flame!

I borrowed an Evo8 a few weeks ago. EVERYTHING wants you to race it, even guys on pushbikes ......... :D

A cheeky tear up can be fun in the right conditions though - I had cracking fun trying to stay with a RR Phantom in my GTI-6 coming out of Leicester the other day. Every straight he left me for dead, every roundabout I was back all over him :D

That said, there's nothing like having a play with a like-minded enthusiast you happen to stumble across when out and about.

Agreed - it's making the judgement on the mindset of the other driver that counts. A bit of friendly 'performance comparison' can be fine in the right conditions as you say but, IMO, as soon as it becomes a competetive 'race' - it's time to knock it off.