wales or lakes?

iain10101

I can do one or the other this year and im struggling to find time off work! :thumbdown: Also if we come to both we would have to sort out babysitters for 2 weekends and its hard enough for one. Im booking into may at present. I want to be part of the BIGGEST AND BEST MEET OF 2011. The wife is a great fan of the lakes so is persuaded that way and i love wales :bang: . So some advice as to which show will be the greatest of 2011 would be greatly appreciated :thumbs:

Hi Iain,

Don't know if this helps, if your wife likes to shop then Mrs glrnet and Mrs Ebized went to Chester for the day on Saturday in September and they plan to do the same again this year, I'm sure they'll take Mrs digital along too. :D We drop them off at the station which is only 10 mins from the hotel and then collect them in the afternoon from the station. Quite a good "shop" by all accounts if you like that sort of thing :wacko:

Got my name down for both at the moment but much prefer the driving element involved in Wales and might not yet go to the Lakes because of that. :)

Have a good day tomorrow, sorry I can't make it. :thumbdown:

Not that I'm biased at all with it being the home of my birth but WALES, WALES, WALES, for sure.

Tempted by the lakes but Wales last year looked like a great event. Missed the summer run but the one later in the year was so much fun despite the rain. I'm hoping this time we can have the roofs down and work on the tans lol.

As a non Zed owner, but still very much a member here, I will only be attending LakeZ as I will be welcome there. Wales is for Zed owners only (which grates on me a little, as it means I cant meet up with old friends, and meet forum members for the first time to put faces to names....but thats a whole different rant)

As people have stated, they are 2 very much different formats. Both have their merits.

As for the people above who are screaming "WALES WALES WALES" like some demented cult followers......have you done the LakeZ meet? No. Because no-one has.

Give the meet a chance. Who knows, you may enjoy it ;)

As for the OP, I'd say go to both if you can. But if you cant, then choose which format suits you best. Its pointless asking members here which they think you should do, since as I have said, no-one has done LakeZ yet.

And before people start on at me about me never attending Wales.....I missed 3 Wales weekends in the time I owned the car....not because I didnt want to go. But because I work away and was on a boat for all 3.

Given the chance, I would have attended. In the same way I am now attending LakeZ.

I would suggest the poll is removed, as its biased and unfair to Martin who is putting alot of work into organising the FIRST LakesZ.

Both for me :) . Wales is on my doorstep so that's fairly straightforward. The Lakez meeting is a 2 and half hour drive and in an area that I don't know that well and a great opportunity to have an entire weekend away from home :thumbs: .

Pete

Wales is for Zed owners only (which grates on me a little, as it means I cant meet up with old friends, and meet forum members for the first time to put faces to names....but thats a whole different rant)

Not strictly true - only the drive is for Zeds only. Fair enough for those travelling a long distance this is kind of the point as its a driving meet rather than static, but for those local non-Zed owners (or those willing to travel) we do say all are welcome at the hotel on Saturday. As the event is so succesful we have to limit it to Zeds only, and if it becomes more popular, we will have to limit numbers on a first come first served as we can only usher around 60 Zeds through Wales :surrender:

As for the people above who are screaming "WALES WALES WALES" like some demented cult followers......have you done the LakeZ meet? No. Because no-one has.

Give the meet a chance. Who knows, you may enjoy it ;)

Think you will find my name down for both meets. I will agree though with you though that i am demented . :)

I stand corrected on the Wales thing. However, as you say....since the point of the weekend is driving, it is quite excluding for those of us who live a distance away.

And Beavis - I wasnt referring to you.

And I was hoping to deter further sabre rattling by those who are uninformed and way too opinionated. We have way too many people like that on the forum at the moment.

And thank you to whoever removed the Poll....it proves the mods do indeed listen and are invaluable to this club :thumbs::D

I never meant to start an argument. :surrender: I live right down on the south coast near brighton and its quite a trek to either event for the wife and I. I wanted to be part of the most attended meet for 2011 as im sure we all do. I would love to see, shall i say it??? 100+ cars in the same place at the same time. And to be a part of that would im sure for everyone involved would be a major accomplishment, and the greatest 350z/370z meet of all time. My 350 to me is a weekend car so obviously driving is a big thing for me as i maybe do 10miles a week on average in the 350, but the drive to either show is a feat on its own from home. I merely was guaging interest, as to which event i would choose as as i said in the first post, can only go to one as very demanding at work as self employed. Maybe i put some people in a position that was uncomfortable as both events im certain will be a great success, so i apologise for this. I would love to go to both, but i have to choose one or the other and this post was a way of making my mind up for me. To save the arguments with the wife. lol

And Beavis - I wasnt referring to you.

And thank you to whoever removed the Poll....it proves the mods do indeed listen and are invaluable to this club :thumbs::D

No problem Al :thumbs: I am still demented though :lol:

Moderating makes you like that ;)

Poll removed.

As said before it's as simple as....

If you like to drive the car on great roads with other zeds Wales is for you bonus being you still get all the banter, drinking and admiring off other zeds at night

Where as lakez will be a great chill out weekend with lots off polishing and admiring other people cars while being able to have a beer in your hand all day

Bloody hard decision if you ask me :lol: