wales or lakes?

iain10101

• 1 month later...

Have been reading this thread with great interest.

Having done the Wales Run in May a few times now I can say it is a great event which is well organised and is great fun to participate in. I shall be there again this year.

I am very keen to go to the Lakes Meet this year but will I not know until nearer the event.

The other thing is the time it is going to take to get there. Love driving as I do, it is realistically going to take me 8 hours to get there on a Friday due to the traffic jams around Brum and Warrington. Without these holdups it would take about 5 hours. As this seems to be a social/drinking event ( please do not shoot me down in flames for saying this) do we need to bring the Zed to attend? I am thinking either catch the train or get an Easyjet flight to Carlisle or Manchester and hire a car for the rest of the way. Come to that, if we could get enough people together we could catch a flight then hire a minibus to the event. What do people think?

Having done the Wales Run in May a few times now I can say it is a great event which is well organised and is great fun to participate in. I shall be there again this year.

I am very keen to go to the Lakes Meet this year but will I not know until nearer the event.

The other thing is the time it is going to take to get there. Love driving as I do, it is realistically going to take me 8 hours to get there on a Friday due to the traffic jams around Brum and Warrington. Without these holdups it would take about 5 hours. As this seems to be a social/drinking event ( please do not shoot me down in flames for saying this) do we need to bring the Zed to attend? I am thinking either catch the train or get an Easyjet flight to Carlisle or Manchester and hire a car for the rest of the way. Come to that, if we could get enough people together we could catch a flight then hire a minibus to the event. What do people think?

Oxenholme station is on the main west coast route and is 10 minutes away. More than happy to pick anyone up if they want to get the train up. Even if there are a few of you there are plenty of hire places nearby, enterprise are usually pretty cheap. Plenty of taxis too if arriving later on in the evening.

If you havent got a tent i can arrange to buy them locally at reasonable prices too. :)

Oxenholme station is on the main west coast route and is 10 minutes away. More than happy to pick anyone up if they want to get the train up. Even if there are a few of you there are plenty of hire places nearby, enterprise are usually pretty cheap. Plenty of taxis too if arriving later on in the evening.

If you havent got a tent i can arrange to buy them locally at reasonable prices too. :)

Nice one. Thanks for the info and the offer to source tents. :thumbs: