Thinking of a second car...

djrm

Hi guys and girls!

I am thinking about getting a very cheap small runaround after finding out how bad the 350 really is in the ice / snow...

Also would help to save on fuel costs as I have recently started DJ'ing in a couple of clubs that are about a 2 hour round trip from my house weekly! :blink:

I have been racking my brains trying to think of something but can't...

My budget is less than £1000 and was wandering what suggestions you folks might have! I have thought of the usual Fiesta's etc but would like something with a bit more character... + a small engine is essential ;)

Thanks!

Ryan B)

Im going for a 106 me thinks. If my feet will go on the pedals

Mine didnt, i hated driving our 1997 106 XSi we had, rubbish build quality also.

If you can find one a Corsa with the 1.5TD Izusu engine is a good choice. 67bhp stock but with an induction kit and bleed valve you can see 80-90bhp and still 50+mpg

do what i did.

tell a friend you cba searching

he finds the cheapest thing in a 5 mile radius on fleabay.

you barely look and buy it via paypal its so cheap.

dont view it

pick it up

rag it to death

love it greatly :lol:

haha love that!

That's what I thought! Corsa was the one I thought would end up being the best one... £500 is perfect... :)

Dont forget £500 gets you an 'Ecotec' Vaux engine (I think)........I believe a small Sumerian devil was installed in each one and over time he will generally make your life unpleasent with all sorts of mechanical mischief.

Im looking at getting a late 90's punto sporting B)

54225.JPG

Mmmm that's the character I was thinking about.... B)

If you are considering a late MK1 Punto make sure to check out the floorpan. Some will be rotten badly by now :blush:;)

Cheers Beavis, will bear that in mind. I think they are a pretty cool shed tbh. Been looking for a while and they seem to go for around £500-£1000.

Dont get me wrong they are a great little runabout i owned one for 4 years but every mot was a nightmare to get through :)

I mentioned golf was thinking the mk3 but u can get a mk4 for well under a grand. Or how about a 1.6 a3 sport?

You think I would be able to find an A3 for under a grand??? If so that could be a good shout... Autotrader here I come... :)

If going for a 106 don't get a petrol 1.1 try and get the diesel 1.5 tud5. Better in every way to the tud3 1.4d :thumbs:

My sister had a 1.5 Diesel, was one of the slowest cars ive ever been in, 0-60 in 17.9s

It's not about speed at all... that's what the 350 is for, this is purely to save money and help with the things the 350 can't do! Like ice, snow and carrying stuff :)