Brick wall + Z = Noooooooo!

womblingfree

I just had a disastrous confrontation with a knee high brick wall in my works car park. :doh:

Here's the damage. Looks to me like I'll need at least a couple of panels replacing.

photo-2.jpg

photo-1.jpg

Could any of you kind souls point me in the direction of a good, honest and reasonably priced person to fix my once beautiful Z for me?

EDIT: See also the dodgy exhaust alignment below. :byebye:

thats like the first day you're holding your beautiful new girlfriends hand walking down the street, so proud of how amazing she is, looking into each others eyes then

BANG!!!

you walk her clean into a lampost. "Sh*t, thats not going to polish out"

While I've got the cheque book out.. :blackeye:

I noticed my exhausts were unalligned the other day, possibly from the 'sccccruuuunch' that occured from a raised manhole cover in Hackney a couple of weeks ago (seriously, East London has more pot-holes than your average farmyard lane!)

Here's a pic:

photo-1-1.jpg

Anyone else had this, or know how to fix it?

front bumper doesnt look too bad; don't think it needs replaceing, but a bodyshop will need to re seat it and re paint it. probably looking at about 300.00 worth of repairs.

Cheers, that's do'able at least. Everyone will be getting hand-made Christmas presents this year for that personal touch though.

I noticed my exhausts were unalligned the other day, possibly from the 'sccccruuuunch' that occured from a raised manhole cover in Hackney a couple of weeks ago (seriously, East London has more pot-holes than your average farmyard lane!)

Here's a pic:

photo-1-1.jpg

Nagh, I would have never noticed the alignment issue..... :lol::lol: what drew your attention to it? :shrug:

front bumper doesnt look too bad; don't think it needs replaceing, but a bodyshop will need to re seat it and re paint it. probably looking at about 300.00 worth of repairs.

Cheers, that's do'able at least. Everyone will be getting hand-made Christmas presents this year for that personal touch though.

get some quotes and use a well reccomended bodyshop the price is a rough estimate but can vary greatly depending on where in the country you are, which garage you use; how good they are; and what direction the winds blowing in. :lol:

Oooh mate, sorry about your front end damage :wacko: I think doogyrev had a similar problem with his zorst but I can't remember if he solved it :blush::surrender:

Here's a pic:

photo-1-1.jpg

Oooh mate, sorry about your front end damage :wacko: I think doogyrev had a similar problem with his zorst but I can't remember if he solved it :blush::surrender:

Here's a pic:

photo-1-1.jpg

Jims were not that far out graham, only by about 10mm i think. :shrug:

Yours may need a cut and reweld to get that amount of mis-alignment out? :shrug:

• 2 weeks later...

Been onto ZMANALEX but he's got no parts availale in Gun Metal unfortunately :(

Anyone got any other ideas? I went to two repair places and got quoted £1500 and £2200 respectively. :scare:

Alex reckons it should cost around £300 to fix if I get pre-owned panels, but I really have no clue where to get this done for a few hundred quid rather than the thousands I've been quoted.

If nothing comes up I'll have to take a hit on my insurance, but as the excess is £500 it seems a waste.

Anyone?

All depends on how far you want to travel. I had my Z repaired by carteckniks on the A30 near Hook (Basignstoke) recently. They did a fantastic job at a fair price.

http://www.cartechnicksltd.co.uk/

How come your quotes are so high, are they wanting to replace the bumper and wing? The photos look like both should be repairable - certainly the bumper anyway.

Jim

thats like the first day you're holding your beautiful new girlfriends hand walking down the street, so proud of how amazing she is, looking into each others eyes then

BANG!!!

you walk her clean into a lampost. "Sh*t, thats not going to polish out"

:lol: that's amazing!

Mate, I hope you get it sorted, it doesn't look like the end of the work so hopefully it can get fixed with minimal fuss :)

• 3 weeks later...
All depends on how far you want to travel. I had my Z repaired by carteckniks on the A30 near Hook (Basignstoke) recently. They did a fantastic job at a fair price.

http://www.cartechnicksltd.co.uk/

Thanks for this link. I spoke to a guy there and he's told me that even if I get a used wing and bumper with the same paint codes, chances are they'll vary from my cars colour. Which is very depressing!

Not sure whether to risk used parts now. How about getting unpainted ones and then blending them?? That sounds even more expensive!

I just want someone to say, 'Hey, I'll sort the lot out for £500, pop the car over and it'll be ready in a week'. :bang: