Yum - Akrapovic Evo Exhaust

chippy

Well the day has finally arrived! After a 4 week wait, got a call from the parcel people that they'd be dropping the exhaust off today.

Obviously I was out the office at 5pm on the nose to get home :bounce:

Found a HUGE box when I got back, very well wrapped up. Started unpacking all the pipework, muffler and other bubble wrapped packages. Also found a nice sheet of various sized Akrapovic stickers too! All the gaskets, clamps, bolts and tubes of threadlock etc are there, so that was a good start.

I've only unwrapped the muffler and tips so far, the rest can wait till Sunday for fitting. The whole thing oozes quality. Tips are gorgeous and although they look massive off, they're actually not that much (maybe 10mm or so) wider than the OEM tips. The muffler (and presumably) the centre pipe is powercoated (?) in a lovely satin silver. Eveything feels much lighter than I thought it would, should be an easy install (famous last words!). Exhaust comes with instructions and warranty booklet, both printed and on CD. Even comes with a little 2" square clear plastic wallet with a street legal certificate in it (probably doesn't bode well for it being majorly load, but I'm happy with that.

Here's a few pics :teeth:

akra01.JPG

akra02.JPG

akra03.JPG

akra04.JPG

akra05.JPG

akra06.JPG

akra07.JPG

akra08.JPG

Very nice, if I'm not being cheeky, how much did it set you back?

Well the tips are frighteningly expensive but the only other option is the Titanium ones, which are the same price. Can't give you exact figures right now, as someone who hasnt been told the (true) price is about, but the tips alone were around £400 and the whole CBE including the tips worked out at £1,750ish.

Luckily the UK suppliers agreed to deduct the VAT and the postage was also free, so that saved £400 or so. For me it didn't work out massively more than buying a Stillen or Berk from the US and having to pay £150 postage +13% import duty.

As on the bikes, Akra make some really quality exhausts!

Who says Eastern European stuff is rubbish.....

+1 that is one looking sweet exhaust,, price is mental but what the heck! If they keep it up with the biking scene (thinking later versions R1's) that exhaust will sound like pure seeeeex!

Btw, does the centre pipe then go from 2 - 1 - 2?

:D

Nope it has a separate centre pipe for each side, but it does have a cross over joint connecting the two.

All the pipes are 60mm

Its fairly well proven that dual pipes with a good cross over works best for the 370z, all the best exhausts are running them ;) You should see a good hike in power, the design in very similar to the Stillen in terms of flow :thumbs: