My new purchase (911 content) *final update p9*

Ekona

I've had second thoughts about the ad and have amended it to remove the line in question. My justification for it being there originally still stands, but the more I think about what Sarnie is saying the more I think he's correct.

Cheers for the honesty mate :thumbs:

No probs.

As I said, I don't think it would have be actually stopping you from selling the car, but by saying that you know that it's more expensive than other Gen2 cars is inciting a conversation that you don't really want or need to be having, as your telling people that that there are cheaper (irrespective of spec) cars elsewhere.

There's nothing wrong with listing your cars more expensive than other equivalents. I listed my Lambo at £3-£5k more than other equivalents purely because it was orange and therefore more desireable.

Agree with Sarnie. It didnt add a lot to the ad (which was already very good) but did mean that if I was interested and I thought it was a fair price, I'd still offer you less as it sounds like you'd take it. Stick to your guns and someone will appreciate it for what it is. Afterall when I told Nissan to politely FO when they offered me a price for the Zed, 2 days later I had an apology from the regional sales manager and an offer of £2.5k more ;)

• 1 month later...

Still up for grabs, no takers yet. I've reduced the price a bit, and given the spec and condition it's certainly there or thereabouts on that front so I'm not too fussed. Seems to have been an influx of cars sold by main dealers that are in the same budget as mine but are either non-S cars or have much less gadgets with more miles.

I'm going to take her to the meet on Saturday if it's not tipping it down, be good to give her a run out while I can. :)

Not a sausage, which if I'm honest is a bit disappointing if not exactly unexpected. If my cash flow picks up a bit in the next month or so I can afford to drop the price a bit more which would make it more attractive, but we'll have to see on that.

It's weird, I know I'm happy to wait and I'm not fussed if it doesn't sell at all, but I've also mentally moved on so just want to get sell ASAP and get back in a Zed.

• 5 months later...

Sod it, I'm keeping it now. I had a massive hoon last night on deserted roads and it was simply incredible, and nothing I have ever owned comes as close to motoring perfection for me. As such, consider this car now officially off the market.

Now, when my warranty expires in October I think I may treat myself to an x-pipe to delete the second silencer box... :teeth:

• Like 2

Sod it, I'm keeping it now. I had a massive hoon last night on deserted roads and it was simply incredible, and nothing I have ever owned comes as close to motoring perfection for me. As such, consider this car now officially off the market.

Now, when my warranty expires in October I think I may treat myself to an x-pipe to delete the second silencer box... :teeth:

Looks like a fab car, keep it and drive it till it breaks...Why did you want to sell it in the first place? Surely is miles better than the Z ;)

• 3 months later...

Just a random post for anyone wondering how much these things cost to run.

I'm doing an annual oil change next week on the car as I don't trust the 24 mth intervals Porsche recommend, so I ordered all the bits today.

10L of Mobil 1 0w-40 = £70

Filter & housing = £33.50

Washer = £1.20

Sump plug = £4.50

Total cost = £109.20 just for parts, no labour at all. Not cheap, but not excessive really.

• Like 1

10l of oil :o that for flushing the system with clean oil, or it takes that much...

It's only 7.5L officially, but some folks have ended up putting over 8L depending on how much drains out. The semi dry sump has many baffles that oil can hide behind, apparently.

• 1 month later...

I has been busy.

Martini.jpg

Some bits were easier than I thought they would be (engine lid) and some more difficult (bonnet). All sorted now though, quite chuffed with the result really. Only cost me £60 in vinyl off eBay, too. :)

Oh, and they were all separate stripes (1x red, 2x dark blue, 4x light blue) which made it all the more interesting trying to line them up! :scare:

• Like 3

Cheers guys. I know it's not going to be to everyone's taste, but I'm pleased with the result. I do have some Martini Racing decals as well, but I'm not convinced they would work. At the moment it's one of those iconic racing colours that you either get straight away or just wonder what on earth I'm playing at, and I kinda like that!

Very, very few people ever sticker up a modern cooking 911, so it's nothing if not a bit different. Am down at the PHSS next Sunday at Porsche Silverstone, so that'll be the real acid test to gauge opinion amongst fellow owners. I suspect they'll be aghast :lol:

That's going to upset someone, but it's an absolute beauty of a motor. Good on you for breaking the mould and trying something a bit out there. Some of the snaps on here might make a man reconsider his views on Porsche...

Fair play to you Dan for doing something out of the ordinary, I like it but please tell me the red is more red than it looks in the photo, it's nearly orange but I think it's the light :shrug: I think you should set up a hidden camera up at the PHSS next week, it could be quite entertaining to hear what the Porsche cognoscenti think :D

It's odd, when you take the vinyl aside and look at it then it's definitely red, but on the car and in the sunlight it looks more orange. The lens on the iPhone makes it look worse than it actually is though.

I could set the GoPro up...