My new purchase (911 content) *final update p9*

Ekona

Now for sale, if anybody fancies her. :(

Going to be hard to let her go, but priorities change and it's time to move on I think. Unless I get a lottery win soon, in which case I'm keeping her! :lol:

I was away to ask for a link to the ad.... I can't afford it so no point! :lol::lol::lol:

Now for sale, if anybody fancies her. :(

Going to be hard to let her go, but priorities change and it's time to move on I think. Unless I get a lottery win soon, in which case I'm keeping her! :lol:

Sorry to see you're selling. I'm sure whoever gets it will be pleased and thanks for the wealth of advice when I was looking for one. Having looked at loads fell in love with a car I'd always promised myself, an E type convertible. :lol:

Anyway thanks again and GLWS.

I can be a Jag bore like rtbiscuit now :p Have to say this forum is much more fun though!

you can jag it and still stick around on here; i do.

love the jag forum, but progress and banter is slow, but wealth of knowledge is invaluable on there. so i have best of both worlds.

Thanks chaps, I've never actually written a car ad before and it took me longer than I thought it would if honest. Hopefully it reads ok, I just kinda put in what I'd want to see in an ad.

Personally, I wouldn't put this in the advert;

I appreciate that this isn’t the cheapest gen2 car around, but with the spec and the condition of the car I truly believe that she’s worth it.

It's negative and it reads like you think the car is too expensive yourself. The price is the price, people can see it along with the extensive pictures and spec list. Be confident in the price and the car if thats what you think it's worth.

Just my opinion.

Thanks chaps, I've never actually written a car ad before and it took me longer than I thought it would if honest. Hopefully it reads ok, I just kinda put in what I'd want to see in an ad.

I appreciate that this isn’t the cheapest gen2 car around, but with the spec and the condition of the car I truly believe that she’s worth it.

It's negative and it reads like you think the car is too expensive yourself. The price is the price, people can see it along with the extensive pictures and spec list. Be confident in the price and the car if thats what you think it's worth.

Just my opinion.

I dunno, I read that as honesty, and demonstrating that the car is intentionally priced to reflect the condition and not just clueless overpricing. I see where you're coming from with the possible negativity though.

DB

I had the exact same thought myself Sarnie, and almost left it out. I left it in though as I didn't want people to think I'm taking the p*ss on the price just for a laugh, and that it was a considered thought. That said, if no-one bites in a couple of weeks I may remove it to see if that makes any difference.

Just my opinion.

I dunno, I read that as honesty, and demonstrating that the car is intentionally priced to reflect the condition and not just clueless overpricing. I see where you're coming from with the possible negativity though.

DB

I suppose it's just down to interpretation.

There is marked difference between honesty and negativity. Anything that incites a negative conversation shouldn't be included in any sales pitch/advert.

I had the exact same thought myself Sarnie, and almost left it out. I left it in though as I didn't want people to think I'm taking the p*ss on the price just for a laugh, and that it was a considered thought. That said, if no-one bites in a couple of weeks I may remove it to see if that makes any difference.

If you think the car is worth it, then someone else may do to. Anyone who knows these cars will appreciate the spec and will understand that it is priced accordingly. I don't think that one sentence is going to stop you selling the car, but I don't think it's helping you either.

If I was looking at this car I'd be thinking that the seller knows his car is expensive so I'm going to low ball him....

I looked at quite a few privately and at dealers and the price and condition varied hugely. Just because they are expensive cars doesn't mean people look after them! I think your add is fine and honest. Even if I didn't know it was you, the ad would have made my list of potential viewings. See what response you get, you can always come down a bit if you have to. It's just a less cheesy way of saying "go and look at the rest and then come and see the best" an old autotrader line. :lol:

I've had second thoughts about the ad and have amended it to remove the line in question. My justification for it being there originally still stands, but the more I think about what Sarnie is saying the more I think he's correct.

Cheers for the honesty mate :thumbs: