Opinions please on Nismo V3 front bumper....(Poll)

Wasso

Opinions please on Nismo V3 front bumper....  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Opinions please on Nismo V3 front bumper....

• Love it...
    • Like it...
    • Middle of the road...
    • Not bad...
    • Hate it...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a fan of it side on, looks good head on. Personally think it needs other mods with it to mae the car. On it's own it loses the lines that the V1 & V2 do so well with. Bonnet needs the bulge in that too....

Thanks ladies and gents..... some great comments and opinions of the positive and negative nature. I have to say the fitting, colour, fitments such as canards are of course paramount. It's not a subtle bumper to say the least with the splitter at the front standing out like a diving board! I've always liked the Nismo bumpers but they are far too popular and I want to create some individuality.

The project for early spring is to cosmetically change the whole perception of my zed. I was going to stick with a chargespeed all round kit, but felt the front bumper isn't quite as favourable as the Ings or Nismo. I love the look of the V2 on Shire's and FakeIndians, so really having another V2 in my eyes is clogging up the space of others. I am still slightly interested in the Ings as it's cheaper, but heyho in for a penny in for a pound.

I've already secured the rear bumper and for the record will NOT BE NISMO V3 - as mentioned probably the most ugliest rear bumper in the world ten times over!!

The option of a carbon splitter or painted - which colour is the question - black or blue, or stick with Carbon for a styling/tech look - maybe paint the splitter orange so that people can see it before they step on it :lol::lol: with big flashing beacons above it!! Maybe some sirens too!!

Oh and yes there will be side skirts too - so to maintain a nice modified but subtle'ish look :lol:

I was also contemplating getting a Carbon (bulge) bonnet, darken the roof either by gloss black or carbon effect wrap - A pillars in carbon - and then strip the paint off my carbon boot to then give a solid black contour from rear to front. This could cause issues with having a black/carbon splitter. I think I may need to learn some photoshop skills to create my dream.

The next problem after this is which spoiler!!! This is proving to be a nightmare and I'm still searching without finding the right solution.

Wheels I'm nearly there - just working out which brand havs the correct offsets, style, size and best price!!

Thanks to Ian and Introspect for posting extra pics - this has helped my decision further!!

Cheers guys.... until the next Poll..... Off to do some photoshop training!!

yeah thats good enough to see it in a "real" picture. its mahoosive. need a wild car to bring it to life properly.

hang one, doesnt this add weight...

I am hoping the NET effect is Zero..... (Well I'm hoping).

I'm planning on having lighter brake disks, exhaust etc for the future - so if there are any weight gains these should offset. I'd love to know how much weight the Zed has lost since my weight loss programme

Cat's removed

Spare Wheel

Under strut bar divider thing (Rear)

Heavyweight Boot!!

Rear Wiper & Motor

Boot Internal plastics (including external badges :lol: )

Air Intake - is actually lighter

Strut Bar - I was suprised with the difference in weight

So with lighter disks and exhaust there's some considerable weight to be shed....

.... (I've not lost any weight but the car has) :teeth:

cosmetically change the whole perception of my zed

im copying that back to you later after you change your mind completely :lol:

there is a thread on my350 listing stock weights mate :thumbs:

I'm fairly confident already.... The rear I know is already a favourite on the forum. A certain member here knows that once I saw this bumper it was a must for me to obtain. I've also sourced the carbon element of said bumper (little clue). The side skirts are of the same brand. Front end has now been pretty much secured as V3 - unless I'm otherwise convinced to change my mind to the Ings. Wheels is a tough one, although Volk is at the top of my list. It will be lowered - although not too much!! :scare: (CRUNCH) Instead of driving over a speed bump it would probably impale itself into the speed bump!! :lol:

That's just leaves the spoiler.... decisions decisions.... I really like the Strosek, but not a fan of having to sit it on top of the OEM spoiler, almost looks like I found the spoiler....

I'll take a look at the my350 listing. It would be interesting to see the difference.

Like the V3, but love the V2, I just prefer the lines of the V2, even though quite a few people have it. But then if you've decided on the V3, it is a lovely bumper :thumbs:

Why not something like the blitz spoiler? Doesn't look stuck on like quite a few others do.

I'd like the evo-r one in part carbon fibre.

http://my350z.com/forum/body-exterior/3 ... l-5-a.html

i'd have the ings front over all of them. saying that i haven't seen it for a long time and cant' remember what it looks like exactly. but i remember last time i saw it thinking, .... nice bumper. i have a feeling if i hadn't gone v1 i would have gone ings.

I'm fairly confident already.... The rear I know is already a favourite on the forum. A certain member here knows that once I saw this bumper it was a must for me to obtain. I've also sourced the carbon element of said bumper (little clue).

Do-Luck ?

I'm fairly confident already.... The rear I know is already a favourite on the forum. A certain member here knows that once I saw this bumper it was a must for me to obtain. I've also sourced the carbon element of said bumper (little clue).

Do-Luck ?

Best place to get one? They are the best. :thumbs:

Nope not do-luck.

The ings is fab in White but not as effective in blue hence my thoughts on the v3. Doing a search at the mo of all v3 fronts on my350z and there are some nice pics. The only slight issue is the sheer size of the splitter, it will be that which decides the outcome. Gloss black splitter :thumbs: