Eeek!! Just bought a car without looking!!!

Ricey

Dumb just appears to be my middle name at the moment!

Previously - offered a stealer full price for a ropey god awful Zed - provided he recon'd the alloys - only to be told get knotted!!!!....... now we've just bagged up our Zed from Edinburgh.........without even seeing it. :surrender:

Keeping everything crossed (which is most painful!!!) until Thursday - to be fair I think we did pretty well out of it. He's said we can return it if there is anything wrong that he hasn't mentioned.

Sunset, UK GT pack on a 53 plate, 29k, FSH, taxed, MOT serviced and delivered to our house for £8700.

No piccies yet unfortunately as the adverts been taken down off autotrader.

I think I've now officially crossed the line between taking a chance and just plain being a bit mental :wacko:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the pictures in the original post and the first thing that got the alarm bells going for me was the 29K on a 7 year old car.

However good luck with your purchase and I hope all is well with the car.

Perhaps an independent engineers report on the car may be a good idea even at this late stage.

The AA provide a comprehensive service for such checks and a full HPI check would also certainly be advised.

:lol:

Haha! Best of luck. That is cheap though. I hope it all works out well, you have bigger balls than I do

If there is anything wrong with it I won't have any balls......Carla's already sharpening her scissors!

Its coming with clear HPI check and he read through the Experian data with me on the phone. I hesitate to use the word genuine when referring to a dealer but he did seem like an older bloke of the 'old school' and he and another chap inspected the whole car for any marks ETC - give me a full critical run down - alloys have slight kerbing and a minor ding in the door handle. Interior is spottless and leather in top condition.

Bottom line is I'm one of those 'dangerous' car buyers - to clarify - I know enough to make me think I know something and not enough to ACTUALLY know anything. Therefore any knowledge I have tends to be complete bollox anyway!!

If it makes it to Chester from Scotland without any warning lights or mechanical issues (the ultimate test drive!) then I'll be as confident as I can about it.

HAHA!!! And to think that a large German Bank pays me to assess risk up to £500k a pop! Suckers!!!!!!

:lol: Thats the one.......Cat D but only minor damage - probably just needs knocking out.

To be honest even if he is lying through he teeth at least he's had the common decency to do it sneakily, from a distance and behind my back.

Most of the cretin's I've visited round my neck of the woods have just the bareface cheek to tell me any old crap to make me part with my hard earned cash...........'ABS and traction controls lights jammed on.......yeaaaah......don't worry about that they'll go off in a minute'.

For every idiot like me there's always a faithful customer in the making for Alex......desparately trying to rebuild the crumbling remains of an engine! :lol:

I saw the pictures in the original post and the first thing that got the alarm bells going for me was the 29K on a 7 year old car.

Perhaps an independent engineers report on the car may be a good idea even at this late stage.

The AA provide a comprehensive service for such checks and a full HPI check would also certainly be advised.

Mine`s 6 years old with 25k. B)

thats brave of you. Hope you don't get any problems with it.

Did you get it in writing that you can return the car if it's got problems they haven't told you about?

Hahah! Did I heckers!

'Fortune favours the brave' so I'm told.

He's just called to say its flew through MOT, service is done (not that I'm really relying on this being a 'full' service so I might do a few bits when I get back from hols), tax is on, HPI checks and service docs are prepared, driver is eagerly studying his map and lacing up his Sparco driving shoes.

Sad thing is we're going to get it for 1 day then we're naffing off to Cuba :angry: :angry: Does anyone want to go in my place?? The Missus won't mind.......she's already taken to flirting with Martin!! :lol:

Yeah I wasn't too sure about buying what is essentially a ginger car.........then again its the missus's car so I've not really got much say.

About the only thing I put my foot down about was that she was getting a Zed........bloody Chrysler Crossfire she was squeaking about at one point! :bang:

Yeah I wasn't too sure about buying what is essentially a ginger car.........then again its the missus's car so I've not really got much say.

About the only thing I put my foot down about was that she was getting a Zed........bloody Chrysler Crossfire she was squeaking about at one point! :bang:

Yup I'll go. Always wanted to go to Cuba. Free trip is even better ;)

But would you accept £8700 for it delivered? ;)

:scare: your making me nervous!!!.........just remember when I need cheap parts who's got your back on the other thread Alex :lol:

I might call him back and pay more.........that'd make it alllllll better

:scare: your making me nervous!!!.........just remember when I need cheap parts who's got your back on the other thread Alex :lol:

I might call him back and pay more.........that'd make it alllllll better

I am sure that all will be fine mate, :thumbs: it is just that it sounds like a cracker of a deal at that mileage.

I am never that lucky, I can't even sell an engine without getting grief :lol::lol::lol:

Its being dropped on off on Thursday :yahoo: so we get about 2 hours driving time Thursday night!

Hopefully it will start when we get back - might get Carla's bro who's looking after our collection of animals to turn it over a couple of times.

I should also have a nice new shiney collection of cleaning bits and bobs from Tim on my door step when I get back too........this has turned into something of an expensive month :headhurt: