Private number plates

D0rzi

Its always really hard to think of a unique voluntary car tax, i mean, private reg plate.

I tried for ages but then all the good ones were gone or cost millions of squid.

i did find L777 UST which is quite relevant to the zed but no way am i having LUST written on my reg :lol: to the unsuspecting bystander i would look rather....

Private plates are a right bloody con! We've got 2 both purchased for £249 from DVLA.........over £700 I've spend transferring the damn things from car to car.

Suppose there is an argument to stop buying cars like but regardless its a right bloody swizz.

Plus I have the near endless p*%*taking from my mates who ask who Ricky is (R111 CYY)........shower of gits!

Have a play on this http://dvlaregistrations.direct.gov.uk/ it'

Plenty with ZED as the last 3 letters for £250

Private plates are a right bloody con! We've got 2 both purchased for £249 from DVLA.........over £700 I've spend transferring the damn things from car to car.

Suppose there is an argument to stop buying cars like but regardless its a right bloody swizz.

Plus I have the near endless p*%*taking from my mates who ask who Ricky is (R111 CYY)........shower of gits!

Have a play on this http://dvlaregistrations.direct.gov.uk/ it'

Plenty with ZED as the last 3 letters for £250

There are some plates out there that i would buy, the only problem is that they'd cost more than a brand new Z so i can't see the point.

Either get a plate that spells something properly (AA04 ZED), something that clearly doesn't but means something to you (David Robert Winkleman could get T6 DRW for example), or don't bother. All badly altered plates with spacing and screws or misrepresented numbers/letters look awful IMHO.

*dons asbestos jacket*

Either get a plate that spells something properly (AA04 ZED), something that clearly doesn't but means something to you (David Robert Winkleman could get T6 DRW for example), or don't bother. All badly altered plates with spacing and screws or misrepresented numbers/letters look awful IMHO.

*dons asbestos jacket*

+1

Space under that jacket for 2?

When i took the pic it really did just look as if it said tossers - he must have done something with the D because it really looked like an o. Really funny though!

I have a bit of dilema of my own with my plate. Mine is N11XY D - the D being for my surname which was Duffy until I kicked my husband into touch and changed my surname back. I can get N11XY P BUT that would mean just GIVING the DVLA my current plate back as who would want to buy it? If anyone knows anyone that would like it and just pay the transfer fee i would rather let them have it for free! (That is when I can afford the other one.........)

When i took the pic it really did just look as if it said tossers - he must have done something with the D because it really looked like an o. Really funny though!

I have a bit of dilema of my own with my plate. Mine is N11XY D - the D being for my surname which was Duffy until I kicked my husband into touch and changed my surname back. I can get N11XY P BUT that would mean just GIVING the DVLA my current plate back as who would want to buy it? If anyone knows anyone that would like it and just pay the transfer fee i would rather let them have it for free! (That is when I can afford the other one.........)

Just put a screw or bit of dirt below the D to make it somewhat look like a P :)

Dude that'll sell to practially anyone with the name Nixon/Nichols and initial D or Nicola/Nicholas with the surname D. Sling it on Ebay before you give it away.

You can stick on retention and keep ownership of it (costs 80 squid but its got to be worth a couple of hundred). You don't have to give it back.

We've got the same dilemma when we stop spuzzing money on sports cars and actually get married. The missus (which is going on the fabled legendary Zed we're never going to buy) is M111NX A (A - Atherton)......prob just end up getting rid so I don't look like a hardcore Minx every time I drive the car :blush:

Name change by deedpole ?

Dee for example

or you could cut your long term losses and go for

:band:

N11XY A (A being for *) :thumbs:

I once had the number "V2", and the vehicle it was on. I acquired this number in the most bizarre circumstances, in fact it made the local papers at the time. Unfortunately, this was in 1973, before the DVLA was conceived and in those days the authorities would not allow me to transfer the plates onto my car because they were on a completely different type of vehicle, that's how it worked back then. Wonder what that plate would be worth now?

Pete

I once had the number "V2", and the vehicle it was on. I acquired this number in the most bizarre circumstances, in fact it made the local papers at the time. Unfortunately, this was in 1973, before the DVLA was conceived and in those days the authorities would not allow me to transfer the plates onto my car because they were on a completely different type of vehicle, that's how it worked back then. Wonder what that plate would be worth now?

Pete

So much you could probably buy Man City :lol: