New Family Wagon - Suggestions Please

Sarnie

Right, the Mrs has finally had enough of the A3 and wants a new car :scare:

So basically I'm after a new car for her and the sprog, criteria as follows:

£12k budget

Must have rear seats

Mustn't be an estate

Thats it :D

We've had an E46 M3 before so no point suggesting one of them, she has her heart set on a Civic Type-R but I'm unconvinced but I'm open to suggestions!

:thumbs:

Right, the Mrs has finally had enough of the A3 and wants a new car :scare:

So basically I'm after a new car for her and the sprog, criteria as follows:

£12k budget

Must have rear seats

Mustn't be an estate

Thats it :D

We've had an E46 M3 before so no point suggesting one of them, she has her heart set on a Civic Type-R but I'm unconvinced but I'm open to suggestions!

:thumbs:

lots of poeple used to moan on the CTR forum that getting kids in and out was a paion in the ass.

type R is not great for getting in the back sarnie if its for family use. Also the seats reset to the most useless default position every time you lift them

Getting the kid in the back is no problem, as the M3 and our A3 are 3 door :)

type R is not great for getting in the back sarnie if its for family use. Also the seats reset to the most useless default position every time you lift them

it is with the way the seat resets in the type R

Ah ok, i'll keep an eye out for that then as I've never even sat in a Type-R :blush:

Ah ok, i'll keep an eye out for that then as I've never even sat in a Type-R :blush:

once you have moved the seat to get in the back. You put it back and its bolt upright and moved to the right to the front. pain in the arse. Also no middle seat belt on the back seat if you should require one, was on the last model anyway, not sure on the current one.

Mondeo ST diesel? My mate has one and it's very nice inside, nice to drive... and massive! £8.5k.

I wouldn't have a golf... im not a fan, and the golf's i've been in have very boring interiors. Old CTR and current Leon's have similarly crap interiors. New shape Civic type R has a great interior though.

Never been in a modern focus so cant comment there.

How about 4x4? Get an X5, Lexus RX, you can even get a leggy Range Rover for £12k now.

Alternatively, Merc C-Class or E-Class?

Ok,

R32= Good idea but she hates golfs, thinks only chavs buys them and is sick of going to work and having to visit people who have had their Golfs nicked..................

Type-R= It would only be the new shape, I know they may be gutless and need to be revved to get anything out of it, but to be fair, its going to be my wife and kid tootling around in it so i don't think thats going to be an issue...

RS4+ Sub £12k????

ST, Mondeo= Forgot to say I'd never buy a ford

Leon Cupra= Great shout and 5 door too, but I'd want a yellow one and the Mrs isn't keen :bangin:

X5= I'd go with one of these but she seems to be on some sort of ECO drive, wanting a car with high mpg, low service costs etc :bang:

RX8 :thumbs:

As you Wife and Child will be travelling in the new family vehicle, I say Safety First.

RX8 has an NCAP rating of 6 :thumbs: ...... Civic is 4 :thumbdown:

My only other suggestion would be an Volvo V50 :thumbs: .... but no estates allowed

Type R's are great imo, I love the engines. Trouble is they are USELESS as a family car as they are 2 doors. You really really need back doors for a family car I'm afraid or it will do your nut.

If you read the thread I've already said we had an M3 and the current A3, all had two doors and are absolutely fine ;)