The Jaguar - more ways to tell me it's crap.

Chesterfield

this was an interesting read, more particular is the last section about land rover; who are part of the jag group.

S2000ArticleTimes.jpg

i mean this in the nicest possible way; you're starting to sound like a broken record.

:lol::lol::lol:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this was an interesting read, more particular is the last section about land rover; who are part of the jag group.

i mean this in the nicest possible way; you're starting to sound like a broken record.

:lol::lol::lol:

:blush: thats where i found it, but it seemed relevant for here as well. i wasn't trying to make an S2000 point it was mean to be a Jag point :blush:

stew that tickled me :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

tell him to keep it in his pant then ;)

pant singular? is that like a monopant? maybe a g string? :lol:

or like jock strap, singular not jock straps as in multiple

used in a sentence: " husky was surrounded by half naked men in jock straps; he didn't know which one to blow first"

I thought my "catburglar" comment on page 1, rather apt, it's stealing your time, money (due to having to make trips to dealership, to fix the next issue) and your energy. And if you let it, your sanity.

I've been through this with my Zed, to the same sort of extend. So I totally understand how you feel.

Things to ask yourself:

1. How much do I like this car?

2. Is it worth the hassle of battling for it, to be fixed constantly, with the latest issue?

3. How much time & energy am I investing in trying to sort the issues, back & forth to dealer & how time off the road? (Time is money).

If you've just answered no, probably wise to part with the car, find something that is more reliable who stand behind the product 100%. Good luck. :console:

If it were my only means of transport and I was using it more frequently to travel to clients etc, then I probably would part with it. At the moment with the quality I have from the other cars, and the service from their dealers, I just put up with the constant crap from the Jaguar. In a weird way it actually makes me appreciate the service and quality from the other marques.

Its been dropped off with Gordon Lamb today. Their parking spaces by the fact they have to accomodate Range Rovers, are very large. No danger of door dings, so quite impressed - certainly a change from the Nissan/Renault site next door that has hardly any free bays and those that are empty are extremely tight. They are going to give me a call and let me know when its been fixed. May be the end of the day, may be longer.

If the restricted performance error turns out to be a stuck actuator, then it appears from other people suffering this fault, I could be without the car for a month or more as the parts for that particular issue are on back order it seems. :yawn:

I think Ill run it through another winter and look to swap next year. Ill take my time reviewing the dealers and their service before jumping in this time - and it will probably be something German. Id also like one built by robots too. This hand built larky sounds nice, but in reality you'll never find a robot doing the job with an "Oh well, it'll do" attitude.

UPDATE:

The car will not be fixed by the end of today, or indeed the end of tomorrow, or probably even by monday.

The diagnosis thus far is:

Possible wiring fault resulting in various error messages. Im guessing this will now involve large parts of the car being taken apart to inspect said wiring.

The restricted performance issue apparently is addressed by a rather lengthy service bulletin from Jaguar. This too sounds like it will involve a lengthy diagnostic process, and I know in other cases has resulted in faulty turbo actuators being diagnosed and a very long wait for parts.

Im about to call Jaguar assist to see if they can arrange a car, if not, Ill be contacting Jaguar and playing merry hell with them again.

So, regardless of how pretty the JLR cars may be, Id urge anyone considering buying one to give them a massively wide berth.

Ahh it appears I dont get a car from Jaguar assist, as I didnt call the recovery truck out. As I took it to the dealership myself (as the ****ing instruction manual tells me to), I am left at the dealers/service centres loan car policy, and strangely eneough they are all out - but the lady at Gordon Lambs was most helpful in trying to sort something, we may be able to find a car come Monday if mine wont be back (which it wont is my guess given the work to be done).

Seriously, Jaguar are frigging laughable. :lol:

I think ill go ahead with the suggestion of registering a domain and blogging this, its just hilarious at every turn.

Ahh it appears I dont get a car from Jaguar assist, as I didnt call the recovery truck out. As I took it to the dealership myself (as the ****ing instruction manual tells me to), I am left at the dealers/service centres loan car policy, and strangely eneough they are all out - but the lady at Gordon Lambs was most helpful in trying to sort something, we may be able to find a car come Monday if mine wont be back (which it wont is my guess given the work to be done).

Seriously, Jaguar are frigging laughable. :lol:

I think ill go ahead with the suggestion of registering a domain and blogging this, its just hilarious at every turn.

When you go back to see what's going on - go in the Fezza and say that as they could not provide you a loan car you hired that and will send them the bill ;) Might make them sit up and take notice.

When you go back to see what's going on - go in the Fezza and say that as they could not provide you a loan car you hired that and will send them the bill ;) Might make them sit up and take notice.

:yahoo: Brilliant

:yahoo: Brilliant

+1 :lol:

Such a shame you get consitently crap service Chris, hope this new dealership sorts it out. Its definately all about the specific dealer, some are crap, some are good. I got an invitation to go and see some "closed showroom deals" at my local Nissan as aparently I am a valued customer, not sure how as this particular dealership couldnt be arsed to sell me a 370z when I was biting at the bit, and thus missed out on the commission of selling a Black Edition. Tempted to go down there in the 370z and ask if they sell GTRs and pretend I'm tempted to upgrade :lol:

Well - I got the car back yesterday.

It needed new actuators for the Turbo - and I dont know if its me or not, but im getting mahhosive turbo lag now, but Ill put that down to always being there and just not paying attention.

The electrical fault causing the other error messages was fixed too. Some electrical fault causing a fuse to blow was diagnosed.

After about 24 to 30 miles, the faults are back again today. Im guessing its blown the fuse again. Now finding out why the car is blowing fuses is going to be a great barrell of laughs.

Appologies for sounding like a broken record, but I want to publicise just how incredibly @*!# these cars are. Will be looking at getting rid now. JLR cars are simply piles of @*!#. Ive had better quality and more reliable cars from our local motor auctions that I bought for £300.

Got a technician coming out to look at it within the hour. I hope he brings a can of petrol and a match.