The Jaguar - more ways to tell me it's crap.

Chesterfield

Today driving home in heavy rain I am presented with not one but now two error messages that are new to me.

Jaguar XF Oil level monitor system fault

and

Jaguar XF water in fuel

there is no water in my fuel and the oil level is fine.

Here's an idea for Jaguar, if you are going to develop a driver information system with such detail, on order to prevent said system from infuriating the driver; try putting a bit of effort in so your cars aren't the most unreliable, error prone sh!t boxes ever to grace planet earth.

No doubt after a nights rest the car will have gotten over this latest fit of hypochondria and return to it's normal state.

This is the most unreliable car I have ever owned, and in stark comparison the most expensive (until recently).

What the f&*k I ever bought this heap of crap for, and why I don't just cut my ridiculous jlr depreciation fueled losses, I shall never know.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt after a nights rest the car will have gotten over this latest fit of hypochondria and return to it's normal state.

I'm sorry, but that's quite a hilarious term to use. :lol::lol: So apt for your lovely Catburglar. :p

So what's the next car to be?!

That sort of thing really panics me - you tend to trust what it tells you and I think I would have thought all that sounded really serious and been to scared to continue driving! Sometimes the more gadgets there are the more there is to go wrong!

Nope - its still adamant that its actually ill this morning. So Ill have to waste even more of my time getting the damn thing booked in at the dealers again to get its latest problem fixed. :dry:

Just need to find another dealer now, as the one closest to me (Hatfields of Sheffield) in my opinion are a complete shower and I have instructed them never to contact me ever again. Quite a simple instruction that you think they could manage with a quick press of the delete key, but it appears not, as my waste paper basket will pay testament to. :yawn:

Still, not bad for a car with now a whopping 4300 miles on the clock. Well done Jaguar, you have managed to take all the elements of the most unreliable products I have ever known to exist, the worst customer service ever experienced (and I include BT and British Gas in that mix), and bundled the whole lot together into one (in the words of the Jaguar MD himself) "unique ownership experience".

Yes - its unique alright. Uniquely @*!#.

Wouldnt surprise me - any negaitive comments or remarks about the pathetic service from Jaguar are deleted, or topics removed or the users removed. Wouldnt surprise me if the moderators/administrators have some involvement with Jaguar or are given back handers for ensuring the brand is shown in a positive light at all times.

Such a shame that google and our 1 million page views per month can swipe aside all that with one moouse click.

Try putting "Oil level monitor System" into google (with the quotes) and see what comes up. I think I may just blog my Jag experience here and see what Jaguar make of that when google next searches us. This car, the attitude from Jaguar, the dealers and now even the XF forum on the web just plain winds me up. They wish to peddle themselves as a "prestige" brand, and then serve up utter @*!# at every turn.

Car now booked in with Gordon Lambs at Chesterfield - I wouldnt take the zed to their Nissan dealership only due to the space they have in the car park and Im afraid of door dings, nothing against their actual service at all, wheres with the Jag, I just dont give a toss about it anymore, so ding away for me - they can set fire to the bloody thing and I wouldn't bat an eyelid.

its not just jag though,

jay had a crap experience with aston martin; there are stories of lambos that burst in to flames, ferrari's are well known to be tempremental and poorly built. konigsegg have had issues

presitge has nothing to do with quality and all to do with the name your driving and the image it portray's

its also a new car they always have teething issues, i've seen it in new pugs, fiats, and alfa romeo.

we've seen zed members on here who've had a lemon and i'm sure i remember their posts being locked. sadly i think you were unlucky and you and your brother got a late night last off the line model. and you've been unlucky in find what sounds to be the most useless dealer on the planet.

how many nissan dealers do we warn people off.

i'm sorry the car hasn't been everything you hoped for, i'm sorry your dealer is a retard, but; and i mean this in the nicest possible way; you're starting to sound like a broken record. this effect may well of course be casued by the fact your car has serious mental issues.

i hope you get it sorted, i think for me i would sell up and get something else. let someone else deal with the issues and go and enjoy your fezza.

its not just jag though,

jay had a crap experience with aston martin; there are stories of lambos that burst in to flames, ferrari's are well known to be tempremental and poorly built. konigsegg have had issues

presitge has nothing to do with quality and all to do with the name your driving and the image it portray's

its also a new car they always have teething issues, i've seen it in new pugs, fiats, and alfa romeo.

we've seen zed members on here who've had a lemon and i'm sure i remember their posts being locked. sadly i think you were unlucky and you and your brother got a late night last off the line model. and you've been unlucky in find what sounds to be the most useless dealer on the planet.

how many nissan dealers do we warn people off.

i'm sorry the car hasn't been everything you hoped for, i'm sorry your dealer is a retard, but; and i mean this in the nicest possible way; you're starting to sound like a broken record. this effect may well of course be casued by the fact your car has serious mental issues.

i hope you get it sorted, i think for me i would sell up and get something else. let someone else deal with the issues and go and enjoy your fezza.

I think Chris is using the forum to ensure that his problems are publicised to the widest possible audience, way beyond the forum members. Given that he set up this site that we all enjoy so much, perhaps we should indulge him on this.

Nah - I shouldn't burden the forum to the extent that its just me whinging about how crap Jaguar and the Hatfields dealership are. I appologise for that :blush:

Though when the Jaguar forums don't tolerate you posting anything negative about Jaguar I used the other car section of this forum for the free speech which seems to be lacking on the XF forum.

Can you imagine how different this place would be if we didnt allow negative comments about Nissan or the dealers to be posted?

I mean over there I cant even warn anyone off using the dealership that repaired my car without my permission and then advised my solicitor that there was nothing wrong.. Im just supposed to let other people use a dealer that thinks that is acceptable service :shrug:

Its not that the cars have faults, its how the manufacturer and the dealers rectify these - this is where Jaguar find themselves lacking in a MASSIVE way in my opinion. From discussions it appears that during the Ford days, a cost saving measure was to outsource the entire department responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction and service (or something along those lines). This has obviously left the manufacturer in a position where they are not even able to interject and improve the service for a customer. Many of the dealer networks are that large in relation to Jaguar themselves, its them calling the shots and not the manufacturer too, which again means if you get a pathetic service from the dealer, the manufacturer is powerless to do anything about it as they cant overrule the dealer!

Hopefully for future customers TATA will turn this around, its way to late for me though.

i didn't want to pee on chesterfields chips; and i know how frustrating it is when a manufacturer won't deal with a manufacturing fault. i had it with my nissan and its infurating.

setting up a specif blog or even a website has its advantages

could try wwwmyjagsshagged.com

or www.jagdealersaremuppets.com

then just drop links of it everywhere. or link it through the forum, so when ever someone logs on here it takes them momentarily through your site to bump the viewing numbers up.

good fact based Blogs do get good publicity, and you often see those one man campaigns that have been going on for years featured on tv sometimes.

:headhurt: i feel for you chris, having had the same level of problems from two nissans i have owned so far (one brand new) it gives me a headache even thinking about return dealer visits etc, glad they are a thing of the past. Its a shame the ownership of the car didn't turn out to be what it should have been for you and that when things went wrong help wasn't at hand :( Fingers crossed changes will be made.