The Jaguar - more ways to tell me it's crap.

Chesterfield

After speaking with the service centre in Chesterfield it appears that my experience of the dealer Hatfields is not uncommon. The defects on mine and my brothers were brought to the attention of Jaguar themselves (by us not the dealer), who did naff all to resolve it, and have done naff all to instruct the dealer to resolve it.

Much as I like the service centre at Chesterfield, and actually consider moving into a RR sport instead, I wont be buying new or from the franchised dealer as I shall never be able to bring myself to give JLR any further business. I'm guessing its new and various corporate owners of Jaguar over the years that have caused the change from your experience as my history of marques would place Jaguar at the bottom and digging, I also have had Seat and Nissan off that same list of marques too.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is, as little as it helps your personal situation and as hard as it is to accept, your experience and that of your brother (however co-incidental) is atypical. JD Power ranked the XF the best executive saloon in 2009, the second best car overall and the marque 3rd best. That just doesn't happen if your experience is typical of all owners. As has been said... all marques suffer from the Friday nighters.

Presumably the car is still under warranty. Are the dealers not resolving these issues? If you are desperate, I can highly recommend Royles Jaguar in Wilmslow. A bit of a trek across the Peaks I know, but they were always excellent with me.

Its beyond the dealer being able to sort it out, and beyond my will to do so. In short they repainted the car side a second time against my express wishes, it still doesnt look right but frankly I can't be arsed to chase it any further. I have more important things to do with my life than chase a service and quality of vehicle that Hatfields and Jaguar seem completely incapable or unwilling to provide. A car painted properly would have done just fine.

I should add... my experience was bang in the middle of Ford ownership. Must say, it saddens me to hear about your experience as I absolutely love the marque. I will almost certainly return in the near future, I think the new XJ is epic. I just can't understand why/how the dealer is so bad, nor can I understand why Jaguar aren't assisting.