The Jaguar - more ways to tell me it's crap.

Chesterfield

Well - I got the car back yesterday.

It needed new actuators for the Turbo - and I dont know if its me or not, but im getting mahhosive turbo lag now, but Ill put that down to always being there and just not paying attention.

The electrical fault causing the other error messages was fixed too. Some electrical fault causing a fuse to blow was diagnosed.

After about 24 to 30 miles, the faults are back again today. Im guessing its blown the fuse again. Now finding out why the car is blowing fuses is going to be a great barrell of laughs.

Appologies for sounding like a broken record, but I want to publicise just how incredibly @*!# these cars are. Will be looking at getting rid now. JLR cars are simply piles of @*!#. Ive had better quality and more reliable cars from our local motor auctions that I bought for £300.

Got a technician coming out to look at it within the hour. I hope he brings a can of petrol and a match.

You certainly got a friday afternoon car, I reckon they started yours at about 16:00 on said friday..... and it was finished for the weekend :scare:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is laughable. The car was actually built on a Thursday afternoon as I saw it in the factory. They were on a four day week at the time though, so it was effectively Friday afternoon.

When the two cars were trundling down the production line and one was missing a windscreen alarm bells should have been ringing about just how well built these things were :lol:

Guy is here now - so lets go and see what he has to say... :lol:

It is laughable. The car was actually built on a Thursday afternoon as I saw it in the factory. They were on a four day week at the time though, so it was effectively Friday afternoon.

When the two cars were trundling down the production line and one was missing a windscreen alarm bells should have been ringing about just how well built these things were :lol:

Guy is here now - so lets go and see what he has to say... :lol:

Glad to see you can kind of keep a sense of humour about it, not sure I could :dry:

Maybe if one of them had fallen off the production line while you watched you would have been saved a lot of :rant:

Its raining so Ive come inside to let him get on with it.

I did comment on Jaguar proving that there is still such a thing as a job for life when they created Jaguar Assistance. He certainly wont go unemployed while they churn out cars like mine :lol: He saw the funny side too :lol:

I'm on the verge of chopping the Beemer in for something with 4 doors but I'm afraid Jag have lost my business as a result of this debacle. :thumbdown:

baby on the way Digsy? :shutup:

I was thinking the same!

New 5 series looks great in the flesh if you're happy with BMW.

I'm on the verge of chopping the Beemer in for something with 4 doors but I'm afraid Jag have lost my business as a result of this debacle. :thumbdown:

baby on the way Digsy? :shutup:

I was thinking the same!

New 5 series looks great in the flesh if you're happy with BMW.

nissan-note01.jpg

better for baby carrying duties, digsy would look a picture :lol:

Seems there is some damage to a wiring loom, looks like its been worn by chafing on the engine cover. The chap tried telling me it could be a mouse. Well as its never been anywhere other than my drive or a works car park I find it highly unlikely. and Id like to know how he got under the engine cover and into a sealed section if it was, or indeed how he got out? :dry:

Looks like either tool damage or chafing damage to me. Hes repaired the loom, (although looking at it there was no real damage to wiring) and replaced the fuse.

Sweepstake on how long until the next issue? :lol:

Seems there is some damage to a wiring loom, looks like its been worn by chafing on the engine cover. The chap tried telling me it could be a mouse. Well as its never been anywhere other than my drive or a works car park I find it highly unlikely. and Id like to know how he got under the engine cover and into a sealed section if it was, or indeed how he got out? :dry:

Looks like either tool damage or chafing damage to me. Hes repaired the loom, (although looking at it there was no real damage to wiring) and replaced the fuse.

I must say, it must be a super strong mouse ("Super Mighty Mouse" even :lol: ) and talented mouse, to be able to rub the wiring loom against the engine cover enough to cause chafing. :lol::headhurt::doh: Now perhaps if there were little teeth marks, that might be viable. 10 out of 10 to the mechanic for his creatively to think of that. :clap::lol:

Would love to see a pic of the damage "Super Mighty Mouse" was said to have caused. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Crikey only just stumbled upon this thread.

Hmmmm!! Jaguars, i love em, well should that be, did love em.

Had an XJ8 that started to have slight starting issues, would always start, but took about 5 sec's of starting to actually burst into life, i won't bore you with the details but in and out of the Jag dealership to sort, Hmmm after checking and replacing near enough half the car including fitting a brand new engine, all at their expense, it was still the same!!, so i sold it and bought an Impreza P1, now that car i really did enjoy owning and i suppose wish i hadn't sold it, for you guessed it, another Jag!!.

This time i bought one of the latest X350 Jag XJ6's, awesome car, until the day i spotted what looked like bubbling paint around the rear window and the bottom of the doors and anywhere else you care to mention, again all sorted at Jaguars cost, great, car back to normal, but oh nooooo, paint bubbling again after 6 months, apparently it was to do with the aluminium chassis technology!!!

So yet again, sold it with large depreciation and bought a Z, which i still own and have no problems with.

Although i'm sorely tempted with a Frozen White Focus RS, hmmmm, we'll see. :D

Love the Z. :yahoo:

Cheers Dave.

PS

And for fun, have just finished putting a 550bhp Turbo kit on my Suzuki 1340 B-king :scare::thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update - its just ticked over 5000 miles today, and to celebrate, its decided to start throwing the "water in fuel" and "oil level monitor system failure" yet again.

This is the third time its decided to throw this same fit. Last time Jaguar Assist decided in their professional opinion that it was a mouse chewing cables. I was stunned and amazed just how incredibly expert this mouse must have been, as he had managed to chew the cables in just the same way as an engine cover would have chafed them.

Well, it appears this mouse really is a talented fellow, as he has not only stowed away for a couple of weeks, but obviously managed to chew the wiring in just the right places yet again to throw the exact same combination of errors.

It's either that or Jaguar simply build pieces of @*!# and try and pass them off as "prestige" cars. My moneys on the mouse.

The day Jaguar go bust I shall throw a party at mine, all invited.

Ill give Jaguar assist a call tomorrow and see what they have to say this time... Perhaps its a squirrel? An act of God? Supermouse returns? Or just yet another example of pathetic quality now being churned out under the Jaguar badge.

Pfft - unless they hold it within 5 miles, I wouldnt feel confident Id get there without it throwing errors.

Hopefully my Wife, passengers or I will never have to rely on the airbags or other safety features of this car, as I have absolutely ZERO confidence they will work.

In all seriousness I'd advise others to think about that too before buying any JLR product, ever.