The Jaguar - more ways to tell me it's crap.

Chesterfield

I take it you will be posting a link to this thread when you come to sell the car...

I wont be selling private, Ill be trading it in, and yes Ive been very open with the dealers Ive been to about my experience with the car. May affect the resale, but Im not passing on something that has issues without the buyer being aware of the history. Besides, dealers (if they have a Jaguar franchise) can check the history and the number of faults/warranty issues its had anyway.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Technician has been, its a wiring issue and there is some part of the circuit that is shorting to earth. Its not the area that the "mouse" has chewed, and the technician that visited today was amazed to find that the previous technician had repaired my chaffed wiring with, wait for it.......

Masking tape. :lol:

Kwality.

Nothing shocks me about the whole "unique ownership experience" anymore :lol:

Ive gone past the dissapointment and anger stages and have now entered the, this is just laughable stage. :lol:

Have to admit, I didnt see the masking tape coming though! :lol:

Ill try and get a pic before it goes in for repair.

EDIT - just popped out and got these:

Remember, this is a Jaguar repair, done by the man in his repair van with Jaguar Assistance plastered all over it, not a cowboy recovery van - this is a repair of Jaguar quality levels folks. This is just what the Jaguar MD was talking about when he said a unique ownership experience. Where else would you find such attention to detail carried out on such a minor item as the cars wiring loom.

I especially like the way its A, not waterproof so as to allow the wire to breathe, and B, split open just in case there was not enough ventialtion for those exposed wires. Perhaps its done this way as to provide better nutritional value for that ficticious mouse?

383b8043.jpg

e0373ed7.jpg

If i owned that car i would have driven it straight through there showroom window this morning. Could have blamed it on the MOUSE driving or the fact your wiring harness is held together by parcel tape. Im sure the other clients in the showroom would have been interested to see what type of service they would offer you then.

Ill be on the Jaguar database Im sure of it. or at least my car will be. :lol: Ill bet they have a file under "moaning bas**rd" with my registration on it :lol:

He just probably wanted to be away quick before he got moaned at too :lol: To be fair todays technician seemed to acknowledge that was a dodgy fix and has referred it to the service centre for more thorough investigation.

Ill be on the Jaguar database Im sure of it. or at least my car will be. :lol: Ill bet they have a file under "moaning bas**rd" with my registration on it :lol:

He just probably wanted to be away quick before he got moaned at too :lol: To be fair todays technician seemed to acknowledge that was a dodgy fix and has referred it to the service centre for more thorough investigation.

I bet when your phone number comes up on the screen at Jaguar Assist- flashing lights and bells go off all through the call centre :lol:

This thread is like an old friend - just keeps going in the background!! :lol:

Chesterfield think you should buy my 300C - its not perfect but its a hell of a lot better built than that JAg crap! :surrender:

Now look what you have done to us all? Everytime I hear that stupid Radio ad - The Jaguar has won loads of awards and if its not good we will have to give them back bla de blah... he he start giving them back fools! :lol::lol:

I asked them if they would like me to come round and collect them, but they didnt see the funny side. :shrug:

Its in now for the technician to start disassembling the wiring loom and trying to find the short. That should be fun.

When I get it back who wants to volunteer their time in helping me track down all the new rattles it will have from being taken apart :dry::lol:

• 4 months later...

Sorry for some to drag this thread back up....

But a conversation at work last night reminded me of it...

One of the guys Dad's has an almost new XF, which to be fair he loves and has not had a problem with... until my friend updated the firmware on his iPod, got in the car, started it up put light on etc and while it was idling plugged his iPod in... and... the whole car died :scare:

Apparently the AA were called and something was reset and all is good but what a brown trouser moment in your Dad's expensive new pride and joy :lol:

Thats what I keep getting told, however my brothers experience is about the same, and he got the next but one of the production line :lol:

If you can make it pop and need an AA visit and reset by plugging an Ipod in then the alarm bells should be ringing.

I might print him off this thread tonight at work... don't like him much anyway :lol:

Might not print this last post though :blush:

Have to say, my Jaguar ownership experience was absolutely faultless. In fact, it was by far and away the very best marque in terms of after care I've ever owned, which so far includes SEAT, Land Rover, Ford, Nissan and Subaru.

Land Rover were absolutely terrible, despite the car (a Full Fat Range Rover Supercharged) costing north of £75k. After the first service, the interior leather was covered in oily handprints. I was a refused a second service by an apprentice because he "couldn't fit me in". This despite the fact that the mileage I was doing would take me over the service interval on the automatic service indicator. He was fired from the dealer!

My 350z arrived with plenty of paint defects, some factory, some dealer (there's a difference in how it's dealt with). Was a major hassle to get resolved, but with perseverance, resolved it eventually was. But not the best experience.

Bad things happen, what's important is how it is dealt with. I had an S-Type R and 1 month (and about 2,000 miles) before the extended warranty was due to run out a piston ring failed. Required a new engine. No questions asked, no fuss, nice courtesy vehicle provided and a tin of boiled sweets and a litre of oil to go away with in my shiny, new engined, valeted car 1 week later. Every other service, the car came back spotless, with boiled sweets and a litre of oil... and not even that expensive considering what Audi/BMW/Mercedes charge. The sweets were actually very nice :D

I agree with rtbiscuit, sounds like you have a lemon sadly and an unhelpful dealer possibly :( It's certainly not an experience I would recognise of the marque.