Bikes - The "awesome" kind with no engines

AK350Z

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having buggered up my lock out on my forks, and I think the seals have gone so I am gonna send them to theses peeps for a service.... http://www.tftunedshox.com/default.aspx

I spoke to them on the phone on Friday and seems to know their stuff. If any one needs a fork/rear suspension service could be worth looking at.

I will let you all (MTB'ers) know the results :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...
IMG_2016.jpg

I've been round borrowdale a million times in the last 20 years (was a family holiday favourite as a kid).

When I was a teenager I saw someone ride all the way up the rocky hill after this bit (the hill immediately after the ford at watendenlath)! I've never manged it myself of any any of my bikes!

This is mine at Gisburn a couple of months back:

24ywp46.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice wheels Chris, everyone will hear you coming now!

I've been off to Glentress with the boys today - only problem is that Fran took the Panda to leeds for the day. So what to do? Bikes don't fit in a 350Z do they.....

Some assembly required :lol: :

Image077.jpg

All fits in though, bike, tool box, track pump, helmet and gear. Quite suprised myself! The main problem was having to drop the forks out of the head tube, but as it was a 6.00am start for a full day of trails, I didn't mind too much.

It all fits!

Image070.jpg

Rear view still available:

Image071.jpg

On the trails:

Image066.jpg

Image068.jpg

Image067.jpg

And confirming the Zeds bike van credentials, some mild off-roading!

Image073.jpg

There is one other benefit of taking the Zed of course; making the most of some great driving roads in the area too, the day couldn't get any better than taking the A702 via Biggar on the way out, and the brilliantly West Highland-esque A708 on the way back. A must-do if you are ever in the area.

Image062.jpg

Image075.jpg

Image074.jpg

Sorry about the ropey cameraphone pics! It was mostly quite dark too.

Saw the pics of a zed consuming mountain bike a few pages back and thought you guys might be interested in this.......it can be done without removing fork/handlebars......but I wouldn't recommend it! Bit of a ball ache. Involves lots of swearing, moving of electric seats, and extreme danger to leather upholstery.........

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54695120@N05/5076135515/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54695120@N05/5076137521/

Yeah, I would have definatly bagged and toweled that back end up though, especially as it'll be filthy later. The main advantage I found with dropping the forks out is that it all sits snugly inside the boot area, and with the luggage net on, doesn't slide anywhere. Especially useful for engaging with those fine Scottish A-roads on the way. :drive1

I still have my rear mounted bike rack for the zed if anyone doesn't want to destroy the interior! Does require some cuttting of the rear bumper as it is, but I'm convinced someone could fab up the supports in a way they'd go around them bumper. ;)

Amandas Ibiza is going in today for her towbar to be fitted and we have a Thule 908 waiting to be hung on it, so more having to faff on the roof :yahoo: