Bikes - The "awesome" kind with no engines

AK350Z

Couple of pics i took on my phone from the much nicer weather we we having last week. These are from the top of Crag Fell in Ennerdale.

Feel free to add any MTB pics to the thread if you want. I know there's a couple of you out there!

Image028.jpg

Image029.jpg

Image030.jpg

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just got in from a ride around the reservoirs in buxton. I only did 10 miles but it was probably the hardest ride i've done this year.

We finished with a climb up a near 60degree dam, an then climbed over the fence at the top. It was pretty scary/stupid...!!

Should hopefully have a pc when my mate emails it to me later...

Best bit of doing sports where you get away from the hub bub and great views others won't see with their own eyes. B) Nice hill climb there Andrew. :sweat: How many feet or metres is the hill?

About 640m I think, best bit is the decent after that top is about 500 steepish technical meters down to the lake. :thumbs:

Cotswolds perchance?

I've got back from a right shocker tonight, peeing it down! It's that bloody hosepipe ban they announced, absolute kiss of death after nearly 5 dry months! :rant:

Anyway, will be a pleasure to have you, are the bikes going to be coming? ;) Can always hire something though i suppose...

Cotswolds perchance?

I've got back from a right shocker tonight, peeing it down! It's that bloody hosepipe ban they announced, absolute kiss of death after nearly 5 dry months! :rant:

Anyway, will be a pleasure to have you, are the bikes going to be coming? ;) Can always hire something though i suppose...

Just above Talybont Reservior near Brecon. Think the Cotswolds are flatter than that, the picture doesnt do it justice (or rather the cameraman who set up the camera :blush: ), it looks very flat there, but it drops away to nothing just out of sight, very steep.

The "new" bikes should hopefully be coming. Amanda's Carrara, although good for a beginner has shown its not up to the job really any more, so we are on the hunt for a couple of new bikes, off to test ride them this weekend :teeth:

EDIT: Heres the route if you are interested - http://connect.garmin.com/activity/40181163

Cool, been walking round there before i think!

Here's the pics from the Borrowdale Bash me and the boys did on Sunday. Weather held up quite well, and we had a good session. Only down side is that I'm now the only person I regularly ride with who still has a hardtail! How times change... :p

Ready to go:

IMG_2009.jpg

Chocolate box Lakeland up Watendlath valley:

IMG_2010.jpg

IMG_2012.jpg

IMG_2014.jpg

Yes, he does have a helmet with him, naughty boy! :lol:

IMG_2016.jpg

Ford!

IMG_2015.jpg

Approaching Castle Crag

IMG_2022.jpg

IMG_2021.jpg

IMG_2022.jpg

IMG_2024.jpg

Looking good chap. You need to ditch the hardtail though and join the cool kids :p

Will PM you about coming up your way, deffo with the bikes, looks like there is an Evans Cycles Ride It! event we could have a gander at too :thumbs:

Looking good chap. You need to ditch the hardtail though and join the cool kids :p

Will PM you about coming up your way, deffo with the bikes, looks like there is an Evans Cycles Ride It! event we could have a gander at too :thumbs:

Next year maybe, need a bit of saving up first! I've got plenty of routes round about, no need to pay for an event really, but we'll sort something out!

One for Andrew, no pics of the ride today (quick 15mile blast around Hampshire bridleways), but decided that Amanda's Carrera really wasnt up to the job, so we invested in a pair of his and hers new trail weapons B) Very much worth every penny mate, time to get a full bouncer ;)

For him - one Stumpjumper FSR Comp and for her - one Myka FSR Expert

IMG_3040.jpg

Had a wee trip down into darkest Lancashire today to visit the trails at the famous Lee Quarry. Well worth the trip, the quarry packs a huge amount into a small space, including XC loop, pump track, black runs, and skills areas.

Took a couple of pics, but put them in the video with everything else, Woo!