2003 350z what do i do to get more power

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry people just trying work out wots going on + i not very good on computers

:thumbs:

No worries,

search bar is in top right of your browser.

Spend a bit of time looking in the Modifications section of the forum too.

Then ask away for about anything you dont understand.

They sell super chips on ebay might be worth a look.

How come you shelled out on a 280bhp car if you want 350ish from it straight a way?

Heard before that those things don't really work :shrug:

Haha they cost about 10 quid there all over ebay with graphs showing there gains but no there a load of crap m8 lol

Some one must be buying them though as there all over the place

Plenum spacer, CAI intake, exhaust with high flow cats and a remap will get you some gains. Unfortunately it will be nowhere near the figures you are looking for (not even close). As said you will need to go SC at least to get what you are looking for.

I'd start looking at making it lighter if I were you, they're heavy cars anyway and just by putting a few carbon parts on it I'm sure weight can be saved.

That way you get a better power to weight ratio, breaks won't need to work as hard, be better handling, etc so lots of birds - one stone :D

I wouldn't say the Zed is the most tunable car. I've looked into it sice I got mine and I'd say £ for £ you don't get much power gain on the money you dish out compared to say the old cosworths (cos I see you're a ford man in a past life - good lad btw!).

I'd start looking at making it lighter if I were you, they're heavy cars anyway and just by putting a few carbon parts on it I'm sure weight can be saved.

Not the bonnet though. Being aluminum, they're quite light stock. Stock is lighter than a carbon version. :thumbs:

Bolt on one of these air intake superchargers

eRM_eSC1.jpg

Goes behind the MAF sensor section, which means you'll have to shorten the intake pipe, Dremel or hacksaw should do it tho.

+1 The only real way to hit 350bph without going twin turbo :thumbs:

eRM_eSC1.jpg

Goes behind the MAF sensor section, which means you'll have to shorten the intake pipe, Dremel or hacksaw should do it tho.

dont knock it until you try it :dance: I do wonder if these really sell at all...

eRM_eSC1.jpg

dont knock it until you try it :dance: I do wonder if these really sell at all...

Tell you what, you try it and I'll knock it :lol:;)

I had a fully qualified mechanic at work trying to tell me to get one so I would have thought they sell loads of these :wacko:

eRM_eSC1.jpg

I had a fully qualified mechanic at work trying to tell me to get one so I would have thought they sell loads of these :wacko:

where did he get his qualifications from?!!? :p

eRM_eSC1.jpg

where did he get his qualifications from?!!? :p

Nissan probably :lol:

For people with no knowledge this has now become the most confusing thread of all time :blink:

-With your car with some modifications within a reasonable budget of 1.5k? you could get 300bhp out of it possibly.

-Or by spending something over 5k? you could supercharge it and comfortably get 350bhp.

You cant unlock power in a 350z like you can in a focus st.

For people with no knowledge this has now become the most confusing thread of all time :blink:

-With your car with some modifications within a reasonable budget of 1.5k? you could get 300bhp out of it possibly.

-Or by spending something over 5k? you could supercharge it and comfortably get 350bhp.

You cant unlock power in a 350z like you can in a focus st.

or by spedning 5k$ you can get an EMS and midturbo setup and get 400whp+ ftw... as you would say... :teeth:

I'm just waiting for someone crazy enough to go TRIPLE-charge!

Yes, that's right, twin turbo AND a supercharger. twins for upper end, SC for lower end, hehe

Just buy a vw lol some of them have super and turbo chargers on them. only 1.4s i think though :lol:

Yes, that's right, twin turbo AND a supercharger. twins for upper end, SC for lower end, hehe

Theres a GTR with twin turbos and twin superchargers

Just buy a vw lol some of them have super and turbo chargers on them. only 1.4s i think though :lol:

Lol was thinking the same! Mate has one.... turbo gave trouble and he said it was weird since the sc was pushing away at low rpm, once the turbo was going to kick in it didn't and he had no power! :-)