Speeding ticket!

phinnies1

I got caught the end of last year doing 35 in 30!! Got a £60 fine but was lucky enough to be offered the speed awareness course. Went on that and came out feeling that I would have spent the £60 just to do the course!! It was really good and learnt so mcuh, its amazing what you forget from your driving lesson days!!

You can get away with 10%+1, so I was 1mph over. But on my speedo it would have been reading 40mph so I cannot complain, and for those caught doing 96 or so your speedo will have been displaying probably over 100mph!!!!!

The worse thing for me was that I was on my way to Jury duty so was nervess anyway!! :lol:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better to be a few minutes late than in a hedge (or in this threads case fined with pointage) :lol:

Or if you were caugh speeding on a random just drive session then i cannot think of anything remotely witty/clever to say except...oops!

On a side note I have a friend who was a policewomanlady and she got caught speeding 96 in a 60.....coppers look after their own as she knew the chap and got let off :dry: . We are all so in the wrong job.

I got banned for 21 days and a £235 fine for doing 101mph on my way to the Wales run :D

Hope that wasn't on a country road!! :scare:

Nope, J15 of the M6, and it was a good job they didn't clock me at J14 as I might still be in jail :lol:

I know you don't like Stafford but you don't have to go faster just to get past us :lol:

i got 3 points on my provisional for doin 43 in a 30, cheeky buggers catching you as you came out of a 60 zone.

those 3 have cleared now

got another 3 for doin 79 on the m6, pretty annoyed cos they allow 10% so i wouldve been ok if i got it down another 2, was in a bangar with bad brakes though.

surprised i havent had more since i got the zed mind, as previously mentioned it's too easy to speed

back in 2001 i got stopped doing 109.34 in my 1.4 8v 306. (it was down a long hill ;) - coming back from scotland in county Durham - cant remember road name but its famous for speeding apparently )

copper pulled me, put me in the back of his car, let me watch a video of me go past then asked me what my excuse was.

fair to say i filled my pants (figuratively)

I held my hands up, said it was a stupid speed and i had no excuse, there was no one around on a dual carrageway and i got a little excited. Was there any was i was gonna keep my licence?

The copper had tailed me for 5 miles in the distance and said at the end of the dual carrageway i was doing a slightly less wreckless 80 (on single carrageway mind you) and being that the road conditions were perfect and the road empty he was going to use his judgement and give me a 60 quid 3 points producer.

Its fair to say i thought that was more than fair. (i had a problem and nearly went to court anyway as dvla had lost my licence getting upgraded to photo ID but that is a rant for another thread)..

seriously, you cant blame a police officer for punishing for breaking the law :dry:

when someone smashes your car and robs your house do i expect you to just accept it and ask the police not to punish the criminal?

good point, well made

i am trying to work out if Husky was being serious or sarcastic!.

i DO agree with the top line, BUT my experience with the police punishing crims has not been good, either with the scallies who vandalised my car and left a big juicy thumb print on the car OR the thief who robbed my ex and was raided with some of her stuff found in his house a few days later.

neither ended up being prosecuted due to lack of evidence.

Also iirc Tony Martin only actually went postal after being burgled, was it 6 times??? without action before going all Death Wish

got another 3 for doin 79 on the m6, pretty annoyed cos they allow 10% so i wouldve been ok if i got it down another 2, was in a bangar with bad brakes though.

So you're in a shed of car with crap brakes and thought it would be a good idea to do 80mph?! :dry:

They don't have to allow anything. Speeding is a strict liability offence.

So you're in a shed of car with crap brakes and thought it would be a good idea to do 80mph?! :dry:

Plus what was your speedo reading?

Speedos are known to over read by 5-10% at 70. My Zed at 80 on the dash pod gives a GPS verified 75mph. Some cars are far worse.

If you were doing 80 it's safe to say the speedo was reading 85mph minimum.

Now I'm not innocent so I'll say no more.

I agree that if you get caught speeding, you should hold your hands up and say fair play and except whatever is given to you. Although, last month i got caught doing 43 in a 30 and i was extremely p!ssed off at getting 3 points and a £60 fine because "they" were naughty! Duel carriageway (50mph), then into a 30mph with a set of traffic lights with what looks like a traffic light camera. it was, until they replaced it with a speed camera and seriously, its so unfair, if you checked your mirrors in that gap of 50 to 30 then lights, you would be done! Its all so close together, you dont stand a chance! I've had a clean license since day one and consider myself a careful driver. I'm not happy to be caught like that! :rant:

So you're in a shed of car with crap brakes and thought it would be a good idea to do 80mph?! :dry:brakes worked, just not as well as my zed so yeah, 80mph was a good idea

and i know they dont "have" to allow anything, but they do

havent experienced the powers of the plod here yet and hopefully wont have to so i cant comment on how effective they are :shrug:

the way i see it you cant ask them to let you off with life threatening behaviour and then ask them to lock someone else up for a different sort of life threatening behaviour.

I drive like miss daisy, but everyone speeds by accident sometimes. I got 3 points last year in my old Alfa after my sat nav decided to break and I was trying to find the way to the missus house at uni while trying to use a road map. Went thru an amber light that had traffic cameras when trying to see the road name :thumbdown: That was a deciding factor for the built in sav nav ;)

I did think i was going to get a good telling off and fine in Italy last year when a copper came up behind me at 120 on the auto strade flashing his lights. Seemed he just wanted me to get out the way as i was slowing him down,lol. :thumbs: Who is going to organise a meet in Itay then?? :lol:

Rich

I was once doing 80mph on a motorway, next thing i seen were flashing lights in the mirror. There was no way i was letting the fuzz catch me, so i put my foot down! As soon as i reached 88mph my car was engulfed by a VERY bright flash of light. Stright after looked in the mirror, no police, strangly enough no other cars either. I stopped, got out and looked around. Their was no motorway! It was at that very moment i realised i had gone BACK IN TIME :scare::scare:

I didnt get any points or any fine since i was never caught, but i did get stung by a nettle.

How i got back? well thats a story for another time.

I was once doing 80mph on a motorway, next thing i seen were flashing lights in the mirror. There was no way i was letting the fuzz catch me, so i put my foot down! As soon as i reached 88mph my car was engulfed by a VERY bright flash of light. Stright after looked in the mirror, no police, strangly enough no other cars either. I stopped, got out and looked around. Their was no motorway! It was at that very moment i realised i had gone BACK IN TIME :scare::scare:

I didnt get any points or any fine since i was never caught, but i did get stung by a nettle.

How i got back? well thats a story for another time.

:lol: I did tell you not to fit that flux capacitor.....

back-to-the-future-flux-capacitor-replica-3.jpg

IO've got three points - about a year ago for doing 38 in a 0, which under normal circumstances I'd understand, apart from the fact I was about 100 yards from the 50 sign which the coppers were sat underneath just to catch people speeding up before going past the sign.

To me, that's not making the road safer, that's just making money.

I also got a thing through the post about 2 years ago when I was in London, driving around quite a lot trying to find somewhere to park. Pictures of my car and a notice sayingI'd driven the wrong way down the road. I thought, that's a bugger, I hadn't even realised, looked close at the photos and couldn't see any road markings so I rang them up. The girl said, oh yeah, you're not doing anything wrong, just send the letter back with a notice of appeal and it'll be fine. A few months later I hear on the radio about the big scandel of these cameras making £100 million (or something rediculous) of incorrect/unfair fines. And none of them refunded!

Cheecky, robbing, lying, bad smelling, turd-face twits.

:rant:

Rant over.

IO've got three points - about a year ago for doing 38 in a 0, which under normal circumstances I'd understand, apart from the fact I was about 100 yards from the 50 sign which the coppers were sat underneath just to catch people speeding up before going past the sign.

To me, that's not making the road safer, that's just making money.

Cheecky, robbing, lying, bad smelling, turd-face twits.

+1,000,000 :bang:

What are we all forgetting here?

You get caught speeding, you end up getting a fine of whatever, then the points.... then you are branded a criminal for the next 5 fricking years. I dont mind doing the fine, but what actually do points serve for 5 years?

Steal from someones house get caught, spend a night in the cells and get bailed, then oh dissapear. And yo cant even protect yourself cos they have more "human rights" than you!!! work that out?

Maybe we can thank Mrs cherrie blare for that famous quote?

Watch some of these cop programs. Joy riders, no ins, no tax, no mot blah blah blah..... what do they get? A slap on the wrist and a caution.

We drivers are just an easy target for the plod, why chase criminals who, deal drugs, rape, steal, beat up oldies etc when they can get a driver for speeding.

My mrs got 3 points 60 squid and 5 years branding for doing 31mph in a 30..... Twankers......... How can you tell if ur doing 31 or 30.