Speeding ticket!

phinnies1

Look at your speedo. If she was doing 31 then her speedo wouldve been reading about 34-35, which you can easily see. I do agree that's a bit harsh though, camera or plod?

And it's only four years, not five. ;)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got caught for the first time about 18months ago :dry: Just after midnight on a deserted dual carriageway, was doing 45 in a 30 :blush: 3points, £60 fine & a telling off from the "kind" officer & told to watch my speed on the way home :dry:

What the ****. I got caught in same situation 2 years ago, got 7 points £950 fine :thumbdown:

Look at your speedo. If she was doing 31 then her speedo wouldve been reading about 34-35, which you can easily see. I do agree that's a bit harsh though, camera or plod?

You can have them removed from your license after 3 years, but insurance companies ask you to declare for the last 5 years.

You can have them removed from your license after 3 years, but insurance companies ask you to declare for the last 5 years.

4 years mate

In 29 years of driving I've never recieved any points / fine !! But been caught many times speeding :blush: but always managed to talk myself outa trouble , suppose I count myself very lucky I was caught by some police officers in good moods , will have to watch myself in the zed Cos it seems to be a magnet material for the cops been pulled twice for a roadside check ?? To b honest think they just wanted a nosey at the car !! :wacko:

In 29 years of driving I've never recieved any points / fine !! But been caught many times speeding :blush: but always managed to talk myself outa trouble , suppose I count myself very lucky I was caught by some police officers in good moods , will have to watch myself in the zed Cos it seems to be a magnet material for the cops been pulled twice for a roadside check ?? To b honest think they just wanted a nosey at the car !! :wacko:

There's an unmarked police GM BMW 5 Series Touring in your area Mitch (M62) ....... keep your eyes peeled ..... he tried to get me on the way back from Wales ..... came up behind me flashing his headlights like a boy racer wanting to see if I'd take him on

There's an unmarked police GM BMW 5 Series Touring in your area Mitch (M62) ....... keep your eyes peeled ..... he tried to get me on the way back from Wales ..... came up behind me flashing his headlights like a boy racer wanting to see if I'd take him on

Cheers Attak , I knew there was a black unmarked BMW on there will have to look out for the GM it's not fun out there anymore with all these unmarked cars , n yes the try n goat folk in sports cars that happened to me when I had my RS Mexico only thing is I fell for it thinking it was another poxy XR 3 wanting a race so I floored it n on reaching 80 mph to my shock / horror blue flashing lites came on :drive1 he did admit to pushing me into speeding but was shocked to find a woman behind the wheel he let me off with the speeding but dragged me into York cop shop to noise test my janspeed exhaust as he said it was too noisey but it was ok , don't ya just love em !!Noooooooooo :rant:

If you're daft enough to be goaded into street racing you get everything you deserve IMHO. I have precious little time for people who use their car as a penis extension (or addition!) and try to prove anything at all to anyone else on the roads, at best it's ill-judged and at worse downright dangerous.

Better to be a few minutes late than in a hedge (or in this threads case fined with pointage) :lol:

Or if you were caugh speeding on a random just drive session then i cannot think of anything remotely witty/clever to say except...oops!

On a side note I have a friend who was a policewomanlady and she got caught speeding 96 in a 60.....coppers look after their own as she knew the chap and got let off :dry: . We are all so in the wrong job.

This is an unusual case, I work for the police although I'm a civilian and not an officer as such. Its best to avoid mentioning that your associated with the job as you remove any chance of being let off. Basically we cannot be seen to favour our own so you get the fully monty of punishment and then a second round of grilling for bringing the force into disrepute, after all we should know better given our occupation :doh:

Head down, apologise and admit guilt its your best chance :)

I agree with the other comments about location, there is national guidance on the offences but forces can chose to enforce stricter policy’s such as in wales.

26 years with a clean license for me after getting cuaght twice in six months.

IMO with the amount of unmarked cars, cameras, horse boxes, helicopter etc. there is only one foolproof way to avoid getting caught. :)

Drive faster? :lol:

This thread makes me want to sell my Zed, after driving it to Southampton on the weekend and glancing down to notice I'm nearly doing 100 is a bit worrying, at those speeds you feel it in a normal car and would be going some to get there but the Zed breezes up that speed!

And will someone please tell me, what is the deal with the bloody 50mph stretch on the M4 just outside Cardiff. It's not only annoying but dangerous, people bunch up and brake all the time!

IMO with the amount of unmarked cars, cameras, horse boxes, helicopter etc. there is only one foolproof way to avoid getting caught. :)

:ban::lol::lol:

But which is worse, eyes on the road doing just over the speed limit or eyes glued to your speedo doing exactly or just below the speed limit?

In Swindon they have stopped using fixed speed cameras and accidents have in anything dropped because drivers are now watching the road.

Whilst I do agree with you on that, really you should be glancing at your instruments every few seconds or so anyway to check for things like temps and warning lights. I'm not saying everyone does, but they should. I try to look every 4-5 secs and chastise myself when I realise it's been longer than that.

This thread makes me want to sell my Zed, after driving it to Southampton on the weekend and glancing down to notice I'm nearly doing 100 is a bit worrying, at those speeds you feel it in a normal car and would be going some to get there but the Zed breezes up that speed!

And will someone please tell me, what is the deal with the bloody 50mph stretch on the M4 just outside Cardiff. It's not only annoying but dangerous, people bunch up and brake all the time!

Wait until the traffic lights get installed at the bryn glas tunnels :rant: apparantly the specs are there to stay aswell - GREAT :dry:

Whilst I do agree with you on that, really you should be glancing at your instruments every few seconds or so anyway to check for things like temps and warning lights. I'm not saying everyone does, but they should. I try to look every 4-5 secs and chastise myself when I realise it's been longer than that.

Is it me, or is the speedo in Zed not conveniently positioned for glancing at the speed. I actually find it easier to glance at the speed on my Garmin satnav attached to the windscreen.

Interestingly, if the GPS on the satnav is to be belived, my speedo is spot on at 30mph but tends to under read by about 5% or just over at motorway speed.

• 2 weeks later...
Think I might of gotten one today in Salisbury. Wasn't intentionally speeding (thought it was a 40, was actually a 30 & I was doing about 35. Bloomin' camera vans!

Yup, definitely got one :rant:

36 in a 30, think they'll offer me one of those speed awareness course things? Can't believe it, I'm such a careful driver normally . . . :headhurt:

Top gear did it... 168 I think you need to be at so gatso's can't catch you.

Or get a bond/shire style plate B) and hope you don't tag one of the evo's.