Speeding ticket!

phinnies1

Just had a NIP come for driving on the A303 nr Wiltshire, apparently 96mph in a Z is too fast. I thought I got it down lower than that but I guess I spotted him too late. I guess I should think myself lucky, if he had seen me 10 mins before it could be a ban on the way. Also this is the 1st fine in 10 years so not the worst.

Anyone have any experience of what to expect, I have read a little and see that the cut off for a fixed penalty is 95 and saw some horror stories of people being fined in excess of £750 with costs for 96 in that county.

any word yet?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plenty of unmarked cars on the A23 between Brighton and Gatwick. Always tend to be silver, seen an A4, Merc C class, BMW 3 series, Octavia RS, even an Evo.

The guys in the Evo were naughty boys, I was in my 200SX, they came right up behind me and sat on my bumper in what I can only imagine was an attempt to get me to floor it. As far as I know this kind of tactic is not allowed by the police (?!).

Only two problems with their plan;

1: I'd seen a silver Evo pull someone over a few days before....

2: My 200 is standard which I know is no match for an Evo so I was never even going to attempt to 'race' them....

Be careful folks

Plenty of unmarked cars on the A23 between Brighton and Gatwick. Always tend to be silver, seen an A4, Merc C class, BMW 3 series, Octavia RS, even an Evo.

The guys in the Evo were naughty boys, I was in my 200SX, they came right up behind me and sat on my bumper in what I can only imagine was an attempt to get me to floor it. As far as I know this kind of tactic is not allowed by the police (?!).

Only two problems with their plan;

1: I'd seen a silver Evo pull someone over a few days before....

2: My 200 is standard which I know is no match for an Evo so I was never even going to attempt to 'race' them....

Be careful folks

Isn't that entrapment or something? No I'm not talking about a kak film with that good looking welsh bird!

i have just had a letter requesting my details as i was doing 61mph in a 50 mph average zone on the m60 near stockport.

i wouldnt mind but i have been driving through that same place for 5 years albeit not in the Z and i always went through a little faster.

FOCKERS and this was late on a saturday night :dry:

lol i've watched most of their tactics and they make me chuckle, i do like to toy with them.

recent one is the copdock interchange roudabout is over the a12, cop sits on the top section looking down slip road, cop car waiting in a layby just before the bridge.

the trick is to wizz down the slip road, the jam sandwich on the top calls his mate who then nips out, usually about 1/4 of a mile behind, you can then watch him snake through traffic to catch up with you.

he sat on my rear bumper but i was doing the speed limit. its quiet funny because i could see him playing peek a boo in my review mirror as he was hidding behind the car behind me. :lol:

you then chuckle as he has to go down the next slip road to then go back to his original hiding place.

i thought it would be nice to give them something to do. :lol: