How much does your 350z cost you a month?

ThyJones

Hi Guys, not trying to be too obtrusive here, i'm just trying to sort out a budget for what I think its going to cost me if getting a 350z. I know there will be many different factors and each will be different, but on a rough basis, what does your 350z cost you a month?

No point including insurance really as this is too generic, but ive budget per month figures around:

Road tax = £17.08 pm

Service costs = £20.83 pm on the basis of £250 approx service per year

MOT = £8.33 pm

Insurance (no point mentioning really)

Petrol = unsure..

Theres bound to be wear and tear on wheels etc, oil and so forth, can't think of what else im missing?

I've been trying to work out petrol but am struggling, i do approx 20miles per day to/from work, and then the odd mile here and there, so im saying 150 miles per week.

Do the above figures seem realistic?

Thanks

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know petrol is going to depend on how you drive it, but say not driving it like its stolen, whats it likely to cost per 150miles for example?

I get 300miles out of £80 when driving normally/carefully having the throttle controller on eco5, some people here get up to 360 miles out of a tank

I know petrol is going to depend on how you drive it, but say not driving it like its stolen, whats it likely to cost per 150miles for example?

I use my zed to get to and from work ... and I do about 200 miles a week

I fill the zed up every week on a monday with £45 of petrol and it lasts me that week exactly ...

So I spend around £180 per month on fuel ... :scare:

you'll only see high mpg gains on long, long long distance drives; and you drive like a granny.

biggest i've seen is 500 to a tank but that was doing 50-65 over the majority of the distance.

usually get about 320 to a tank doing 8 miles a day

Petrol for me is £150 per month

and then all the MOT style options you previously listed. I reckon including the car payments, insurance, maintenance wear + tear... I'm near 500 per month without any mod's.

petrol is completely dependant on the driver. I spend a crap load as I travel to see the gf every weekend meaning an extra couple of hundred miles each week, that plus the fact that every time I try 'economy runs' to and from work I always get carried away at the sight of an open stretch of road. I spend around £80 a week.

Bank on doing 20mpg as a worse case scenario, unless you really do drive like it's stolen.

Seriously, if you need to work out the costs to this N'th degree the Zed might end up being a bit of a financial burden. On the plus side it's pretty cost effective compared to some of the 'premium' but not necessarily superior, competition ;)

I get 300miles out of £80 when driving normally/carefully having the throttle controller on eco5, some people here get up to 360 miles out of a tank

Driving "normally" I get at least 450 miles out of a full tank - normally average around 27 mpg (= 10.46 l/100km; 80 litre tank should be 765 litres = 475 miles)

At £1.25 a litre that's £100 for 475 miles = £31.58 for 150 miles :thumbs:

Driving "like a t*t" I get around 250 miles to a tank - lots more expensive :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Another example; filled up in Lincoln on Friday; drove to Birmingham from Lincoln for a meeting (110 miles), drove from Brum to Chirk/Oswestry for Wales meet mainly in rush hour traffic (no idea on miles - check your maps), drove 200 odd miles on Sat run around Wales (not exactly sedately ;) ) and then filled up (total mileage must have been around 380-400 miles); squeezed 56.21 litres in and cost me £70 .21 :thumbs:

But, as stated, if you need to worry about fuel consumption, buy something with a smaller engine...............

Will you be buying the car outright or getting a loan? Also, insurance is one of the biggest expenses and can vary dramatically based on age, location etc.

My zed was costing me:

£250 loan

£160 petrol (500 miles a month)

£65 insurance

_______

£475 on just the basics.

Add on your calculated costs of tax/mot/service/tyres = £565

Then the biggest cost of all... mods! I cant calculate what i've spent on mods...

And depreciation... i lost £6k over 2.5 years of ownership too... so whats that... £200 extra a month :scare:

Soooo how does £765 a month sound to you??

my car only gets driven at weekends and last year i was looking at:

Loan-£TO MUCH

Insurance-£200

Petrol-£150

Tax-£20

so thats £a small mortgage per month :lol:

and thats without mot/servicing/MODS!!!!!!!!! :blush:

Thanks for all the info guys, much appreciated.

I dont need to work it out to the exact penny really, just trying to get close. My astra was highly tuned at to be honest it seems like ill be getting better miles out of the 350z than my astra lol so it should be ok, and I know the feeling about mods, spent £6k on engine work on my coupe, and that was working to the idea that I wasnt going to touch it, so god knows what ill be doing if I get a Zed.

Ill most likely be having a loan for the majority of the money, but i already had a loan which has finished, so theres not much difference in all honesty. I've still got access to my other car(vectra) so umming and arring if to keep that as well and just use the Zed for "fun".

Thanks again!!

Another example; filled up in Lincoln on Friday; drove to Birmingham from Lincoln for a meeting (110 miles), drove from Brum to Chirk/Oswestry for Wales meet mainly in rush hour traffic (no idea on miles - check your maps), drove 200 odd miles on Sat run around Wales (not exactly sedately ;) ) and then filled up (total mileage must have been around 380-400 miles); squeezed 56.21 litres in and cost me £70 .21 :thumbs:

But, as stated, if you need to worry about fuel consumption, buy something with a smaller engine...............

so you did lincoln to brum and up to Oswestry for £20 :teeth: , as several of us filled up on friday night and put in another £50 at the end of saturday after a 200 mile run :drive1 (note to OP, that's about 20MPG cos we had a good time and the roads were fairly clear of traffic)

Mine's costing around £600 per month, including petrol/insurance/loan and averaging out annual tax/services/consumable costs.

Personally I'd rather condition myself to the expense now in preparation for even pricier cars in the future!! :lol:

If 2004 models with mileage like the PH link are still going for that price, I don't need to worry about depreciation for a while either!! :thumbs:

Mine's costing around £600 per month, including petrol/insurance/loan and averaging out annual tax/services/consumable costs.

Personally I'd rather condition myself to the expense now in preparation for even pricier cars in the future!! :lol:

If 2004 models with mileage like the PH link are still going for that price, I don't need to worry about depreciation for a while either!! :thumbs:

Do you think that the price is too high for that then?

I've been looking for a few weeks now and pricing are ranging, ideally I want less than 60k Miles..

The car looks good, maybe a tad overpriced but prices for the Zed are going up comparing to few months back.

Did you look for any Zed for sale on here? Normally well looked after and loved, there a couple for sale at the moment :thumbs:

(Also found that the more north of the coutry you go the cheaper are the cars)