32 members have voted

1. 1. Bonnet options..

• 1. leave the oem bonnet on
    • 2. keep the carbon bonnet on
    • 3. paint the carbon bonnet white
    • 4. keep the carbon bonnet, ditch the roof wrap
    • 5. paint the carbon bonnet white, leaving some carbon detail

Hi all,

As most of you know i had my car painted white last yr which i love. So i recently bought a Seibon carbon bonnet (thanks Ian!) which i love also. Now I cant decide which option is best. My options are..

1. leave the oem bonnet on..

DSCF2380.jpg

2. keep the carbon bonnet on..

DSCF2418.jpg

3. paint the carbon bonnet white (bad photoshop effort, but you get the idea)..

CarbonBonnet1Painted.png

4. keep the carbon bonnet on, remove the roof wrap..

CarbonBonnet5noroof.png

5. paint the carbon bonnet white, but leave some carbon detail around the vents..

CarbonBonnet1ventonly.png

Please let me know which option you prefer :) (asking for trouble i know :blackeye:)

^ don't i know it :blackeye:

Personally i'd keep the bonnet white and black the roof and tint the rear glass....the 3rd pic is the best by far :thumbs:

thank you Nurrish.. that was exactly my intention, then came cry's of sacrilege at the mention of painting carbon (even from family). Hence my conundrum. Rear tint is already done :)

P.S. poll added as per anubis's suggestion.

Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback :thumbs:

You could even have the bonnet sprayed white but leave the vents as CF.

That would look the best I reckon. The full black bonnet is far too much of a contrast to the bright white imo. Carbon vents would follow the rest of the theme you got going nicely.

I voted for keeping the oem bonnet, I reckon that having both the roof and the bonnet black (or carbon) might be too much. But I like quite standard looking cars anyway so I'm probably not the best person to listen to!

I like option 5 but I reckon you should be careful hanging around school playgrounds :lol:

:lol: I actually got told off by a teacher because she thought i was a yob out to cause some trouble. I had to explain that i live opposite and only use the car park out of school hours (not hard as i'm at work the rest of the time) for the odd photo for the forum. I did think i was going to be sent to the head master at one point, i felt strangely very small again.

If you're going to do anything to the roof then it's got to match the other contrasted bits .......... i.e. shiny CF as opposed to matt

If you're going to keep the CF bonnet then the way forward is to paint it white leaving some subtle bits of shiny CF

all imo of course

PS I noticed the school also ......looks like a Clasp Mk 5 IIRC