MPG Challenge

S77 CRV

Rules

1) Brim up fuel

2) Reset mpg/mph average gauge

3) Drive until low fuel light flashes

4) Brim up fuel

5) Photograph and submit dte gauge reading

6) Highest dte wins (don't forget UK is larger tank than JDM so adjustment for JDMs will be necessary)

simples (no cheating tho)

PS my highest is about 380 without trying IIRC

Rules

1) Brim up fuel

4) Brim up fuel

5) Photograph and submit dte gauge

6) Highest dte wins

this is what i do normally just with out the photos :lol:

Rules

1) Brim up fuel

4) Brim up fuel

5) Photograph and submit dte gauge reading

6) Highest dte wins (don't forget UK is larger tank than JDM so adjustment for JDMs will be necessary)

PS my highest is about 380 without trying IIRC

I dont have an MPG gauge anymore, do I win by default :shrug:

I average 21-20 mpg, anything more and you've got one foot in the grave :lol:

i average about the same, thanks to traffic lights and speed humps. i'm impressed when i manage to get anything above 25mpg :lol:

My computer always ends up at 24mpg/34mph no matter how I try to be good ... just can't help giving it the beans and listening to the luuuuurvely noise

Even if i drive economically it never seems to have much effect, so now i just drive it the way it should :)

The most I ever got was 29.9 mpg and that was on the drive home after I got the car from Worthing to Cardiff. I have to say it's never gone anywhere near that since :p I'll be aiming to get the car in the low 10's when I hopefully get it back tomorrow :yahoo:

I have a photo of 60mpg but that was obviously coasting down a hill :p

On a regular tank of fuel I get.. wait for it.. 16-17mpg. I can thank a stop start, 5mph max, 3 mile crawl to work and back for that one, and that's with it being averaged up with some country road runs. If I reset the gauge before i drive to work i get 14mpg max by the time I'm there.

Usually get decent MPG on the motorway when visiting the girlfriend, however I've noticed that when I'm in the motorway 40mph restriction (road works), and I leave it in 6th, cruise control, about 43mph, after a few miles it gets to about 40-42MPG. Is this right? surely 6th gear is too high a ratio to drive at 40mph?

I've noticed a very interesting limitation on the MPG calc by the Zed. I reset the trip when I first bought the car and haven't touched it since. What I've found out is that the calculation process converts miles to kilometres at some point. Reason being: at approximately 6,500 miles my MPG reset to 0. It did that again @ 13k-ish and again at 18k or so. So as it does the calc in km, it also only reads 4 digits of the number so when you clock over 10k km, it suddenly thinks that you've burnt a whole massive load of petrol, but gone zero miles. :dummy:

So my trip computer, having not been reset for 22k-ish miles currently reads around 2mpg! :thumbs: Result.

I've noticed a very interesting limitation on the MPG calc by the Zed. I reset the trip when I first bought the car and haven't touched it since. What I've found out is that the calculation process converts miles to kilometres at some point. Reason being: at approximately 6,500 miles my MPG reset to 0. It did that again @ 13k-ish and again at 18k or so. So as it does the calc in km, it also only reads 4 digits of the number so when you clock over 10k km, it suddenly thinks that you've burnt a whole massive load of petrol, but gone zero miles. :dummy:

So my trip computer, having not been reset for 22k-ish miles currently reads around 2mpg! :thumbs: Result.

:wacko: