Little drag with a boxster

maxi-glasgow

Was heading into work this morning and second last set of lights coming along south street heading onto Clydeside expressway and I am sitting at the front in the inside lane. Few cars behind me and as per usual someone thinks they don't need to sit behind others and come up and sit in the outside lane.

You can always tell they want to get in front of you. This time it was a Boxster, never seen which model it was though.

I put my D1 Throttle Controller into SP5 in preparation, then stupidly missed the lights by a fraction. He got the jump on me, and as I changed into second, well before the limiter as I hate high revving in 1st, he pulled ahead, but as soon as I planted in 2nd and then 3rd I surged past him.

He then had to pull in behind me with tail between his legs.....

There's yer dinner.

Must have been even more raging when we were sitting at last set of lights and me sitting with a huge cheezer.

Good effort mate :thumbs:

Was this outside lane for turning right or straight ahead to merge? I have to admit that if it's the latter and there's nobody in it, I'll use it :surrender: (If it's the former then definitely not)

Good effort mate :thumbs:

Was this outside lane for turning right or straight ahead to merge? I have to admit that if it's the latter and there's nobody in it, I'll use it :surrender: (If it's the former then definitely not)

The left hand lane is for going left at next set of lights onto the expressway and right hand lane for going straight on to the SECC and Finnieston.

Umm, well done?

For all you know he wasn't trying to 'race' you at all, just pottering along on his way to work in his trusty 2.7 Boxster. He now thinks that all 350Z owners are tits for trying to prove how much better their car is in a pointless TLGP. I don't know the set of lights in question but unless it's signposted for a road in particular then it doesn't sound like he did a lot wrong really.

*shrug* Each to their own, as long as you're happy.

I think the fact he blew away from the lights he knew fine well he is in the wrong lane.

And I am not saying he was in the wrong for doing so, done it loads of times myself. Just a bit of fun on the way to work.

And rather than think that all 350z drivers are tits, perhaps he will now be thinking 'maybe it's not just a shitty nissan' ;)

Umm, well done?

For all you know he wasn't trying to 'race' you at all, just pottering along on his way to work in his trusty 2.7 Boxster. He now thinks that all 350Z owners are tits for trying to prove how much better their car is in a pointless TLGP. I don't know the set of lights in question but unless it's signposted for a road in particular then it doesn't sound like he did a lot wrong really.

*shrug* Each to their own, as long as you're happy.

:yawn::yawn:

only a bit of fun by the sounds of it ;)

I think the fact he blew away from the lights he knew fine well he is in the wrong lane.

And I am not saying he was in the wrong for doing so, done it loads of times myself. Just a bit of fun on the way to work.

And rather than think that all 350z drivers are tits, perhaps he will now be thinking 'maybe it's not just a shitty nissan' ;)

I would of done the exact same thing, even in my 106 run around or tried at least :lol:

On another note i was thinking about getting a D1 controller, is your car a manual or auto ??

If anybody looks at the Zed and thinks it's shitty because of the Nissan badge - then I say their opinion is pretty shallow and doesn't matter. We all know it's an awesome car. :#1:

On another note i was thinking about getting a D1 controller, is your car a manual or auto ??

Manual, I got the very first one from EPRacing and never looked back.

Awesome bit of kit and the best money I have ever spent on the Zed. It's absolute peanuts for the thrill it gives you.

I'd love to try this on an auto, bet it's superb

I was driving along a lovely dual carriageway on the way home from JDM Allstars on saturday at a reasonalble pace lets say, when 2 997 C4S's came out of nowhere and left me for dead!! They were racing each other and were insanely fast. I had my foot flat on the floor, and had a good run, and they just passed me like i wasnt even there. By the time i got to the next roundabout, i couldnt even see them!

I hate it when people get to the front of the right turn only lane and then try to blast in front of you - quite frankly they are t0ssers!

It's okay as long as you put your left indicator on and make out like you just got in the wrong lane by mistake...

...a bit like people who park illegally and just whack the old hazard lights on. Makes it okay...

:rant::rant:

I raced cayman s the other day and it didn't do much. Sat side by side.

Raced a Carrera convertible 2000 model after my run with paulie and sandy last week and it got smoked. My bros 2006 Carreras 4s just beats my zed in a straight line.

Come on guys don't kid on you don't race others just to show them up. Don't kid on your so against it and politically correct. It's also little d*ckhead Chav drug dealers down Glasgow with them.

+1. This has nothing to do with a drag race m8. It's obvious he was 1 of those inconsiderate T*&Ts who thinks it's fine to ignore the highway code (Will not speak of the SPEED infractions here :lol: ) and cut in front of other drivers, when, and where, he wants. From your description he knew he was in the wrong lane and thought "Oh yes my sports car is more important these other mere mortals also on their way to work, so i'll excersise my obvious authority and put myself in my righteous place in front of these peons"

In my humble opinion you expressed YOUR Righteous indignation and brought his opinion of himself, Boxter or not, down a peg or 2. :rant:

No one was killed or injured so, harmless fun and well done. :thumbs: