Island Volcano ... pain in the arse!

andlid

anyoen out there affected by this ash sheit?

Have two people stuck in Sweden trying desperately to get home to Ireland... fecking pain in the hole... no trains no buses and have internal sources doughting that this will be up and running on Monday... Currently booked a bus and bidding on two train tickets from Malmo to Norrkoping and then bus/taxi from there to Stockholm/Skavsta and fly out with Ryanair Monday. No help from any fecking airline. Actually checked train to Oslo from Malmo and then go by boat to Scotland train accross and boat over to Ireland but the boats are fully booked...

:bang: this is painfull... brekkie time! :dance:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My parents are due to fly to Spain on Wednesday, my cousin is stuck in Spain and my Girlfriend is stuck in Poland!!!!! :rant:

I would not be leaving anywhere at the moment... that yoke hasnt even stopped errupting yet. Spain = train to the english tunnel, your gf... = 0 clue how to get her home, interail to english tunnel... not sure how the travel accross from france to england is at the moment...

Actually planning to drive accross to Conpenhagen to pick them up.... would take 12 hours to Calais (experience) then 11 hours from there...

My parents are due to fly to Spain on Wednesday, my cousin is stuck in Spain and my Girlfriend is stuck in Poland!!!!! :rant:

You say that like its a bad thing!!! PARTY TIME :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Hell yeah, not worried about the girlfriend stuck out there. Just gives me peace for a couple more days!!! :lol:

We are all stuck offshore, no helicopter flights for the forseeable future, no chance of a boat transfer either as our cranes are not suitable for transfering people...hope this shite stops soon, don't fancy spending the next year out here :lol:

R

I saw a heli moving out of Aberdeen on http://www.radarvirtuel.com/ yesterday

Mega annoyance to say the least.

I really feel for all the people stuck abroad and have holidays ruined.

There's also the cost to the UK/Euro economy and business as we're getting no post or deliveries from anywhere outside of UK unless its road freight but even that's backlogged because of the extra volume. It's going to take weeks to get deliveries sorted.

Some of the fruit/veg and pharmaceutical businesses are going to be ruined by next week.

the MotoGP next week has now been postponed becuase of this which is annoying...

it's supposedly costing airlines $200m a day! i wonder if it will have any noticable effect on the price of fuel given that i imagine the demand worldwide has dropped noticably in the last week or so. unlikely i know, but at £1.30 a litre, i can only hope :thumbs:

I do feel sorry for peeps that are

stuck abroad

and don't have any way of getting home

anytime soon or if your money is running out but feel so angry how the news once again is blowing everything out of proportion!

How come they have reporters flewn in to all these places when there is supposed to be a flight ban? Does is only effect jets ?

Now they are talking about closing schools as some teachers are abroad? FFS !! I have a name for those schools head teachers - work shy fopps!! Surely you can get supply teachers in at short notice ? Doh! :shrug:

spotted a blue Z at 06:00 travelling north on the M25 yesterday morning... I was travelling to the Eurotunnel...

On my way back form Hollyhead now with the two stranded... here are some travel notes!

Trip start Dublin 19:00 Saturday

Driving started 00:20 from Hollyead to Eurotunnel

Eurotunnel 7:00, left Calais at 8:35 local time (+1) for Dortmund

Arrived Dortmund 12:46 local time (SLEEP and FEED followed by wait & a refuel of Diesel and also buy food for the stranded...)

16:09 Train from Hamburg arrived in and we litterly threw the two stranded into the car for the ... frisk journey down to Calais

Arrived in Calais at 20:00 local time and went straight for some loot! After loot and a bit of struggle packing this into the mpv we boarded the Eurotunnel, after spending a minute in the wonderful Lounge)

Arrived UK 21:20 local time and started the trip back to Hollyhead, arrived there 04:00, 4 hour wait for the boarding of the boat... now writing this we've left for Dublin... estimated arrival is 12:30! WOHO!

Lots of funny little quirks happened during the trip that'll be best left out here! ;-)

The stranded did a trip starting @ 0600 in Malmo Sweden by train down to Hamburg and then Dortmund... took some planning this!

Cost is not even funny!!! :blackeye:

NOTE: The 3.0TDi Landcruiser we had was BAAAAAD on the Diesel... the Z has better mpg!!!