final stage of carbon wrap... Page 6!!

cfoster

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As said a few pages back i'm still not 100% sure if I like it and will be happy with it. Everyone that has seen it in the flesh says it looks superb, and people have even been stopping in the street taking pics! Not interested in bodykits etc but reckon a nice set of wheels and slammed it would look better. Perhaps 30mm spacers on the rear and 25mm at the front with a set of coilovers of eibach springs will help.

Still a big part of me is thinking to rip it off and go white with carbon roof! Or maybe even a deep glossy orange and black combo! Would be far far cheaper to do! What ya reckon?!

malibu-stacey - its the 3M DiNoc stuff i'm using.

Got loads left on the roll if anyone is interested in buying any.

Chris

I think white and carbon looks great! :thumbs:

sterling job :thumbs:

i think your right with wheel spacers would help and lowered suspension.

tint the rear out and jobs a goodun.

can understand your reluctance to kit up. and then late ron upgrade the rims and sell on the spacers. people always wont them so they sell easily

sterling job :thumbs:

i think your right with wheel spacers would help and lowered suspension.

tint the rear out and jobs a goodun.

can understand your reluctance to kit up. and then late ron upgrade the rims and sell on the spacers. people always wont them so they sell easily

Very true, i'm flying to the states in a couple of weeks so will order a set prior and chuck em in me suitcase!! Been quoted $300 for a pair of 30mm's and a pair of 25mm's!

Chris :)

Well 99% done and i'm stopping there!! Just the one mirror left but to be honest its not doing it for me so once i've had some pro pics done for my website and advertising it'll be all coming off!!! Seems a waste of money I know but its been good practice and a very good learning curve. Will be keeping the roof on and the lower front bumper middle bit but thats it!!

Loads of pics here I took at the weekend!

newcarbon9.jpg

newcarbon8.jpg

newcarbon7.jpg

newcarbon6.jpg

newcarbon5.jpg

Chris

WOW !! Thats different I would like to have a look at that carbon wrap in the flesh :D Also I wonder if you could laquer the whole car JUST A THOUGHT :blush:

Also anti radar detection :lol:

Hope to see this product in the summer !!

Ste

Seen alot of cars with a carbon wrap and none of them look very good imo.

I cannot express, fairplay though for doing all that yourself. How many hours has this taken ?

I think just the roof and mirrors would look good left on like you have already mentioned :thumbs:

Good job.

I was going to leave it on until Le Mans in June as last time I went (in my DC5) my front bumper got littered with stone chips sitting on the backend of me mates rarri!! Will be coming off next weekend though for sure!

Sketch - defo right mate, coilovers are next on the list and decided to buy new wheels rather than spacers.

Well its all off now!!!! Took it off on Sunday! Left the roof and bonnet on though.

No pics im afraid and im off to Uzbekistan in the morning so will get some when im back. Hopefully my mate is detailing it whilst i'm away!