Beware of Potholes guys !!!

:drive1

Ive had a bit of a moan lately about potholes as some of you will know...

Derby is a disgrace, im probably going to get done by the Police for dangerous driving due to swerving on the roads.....However....

I would rather that happen than one of my nismo's end up like my mates BMW alloys today... :scare:

:scare:

Just beware of Potholes guys.......... :evil:

I have advised him to take pics and measure the pothole so he can try and get some compo off the Council... :dry:

Shocking

potholes do my bloody head in!!! they seem to be everywhere at the moment, hit one on the way out to chestrefield the other day dark and raining couldn't see it coming! scratched up my newly refurbed rim really well. Looks like sasha also has found one lately grrrrrr :rant:

I've just posted about a massive scuff to my BRAND NEW ROTA GTRs in my thread within the CS forum. Also happened in Derby (last night). Coincidence? :angry::bang::rant:

Nightmare Sasha.... I work on Pride Park and have to travel on the A52 everyday.... its in bits, its a 70mph road but has been reduced in places to 40mph due to it being that bad... Thats why I ranted about paying my car tax last month :angry:

ouch, looks like that could be an AC Schnitzer aloy too? definatly worth a claim but get the pics of the pot hole quickly other wise it'll be sods law it gets filled this afternoon!

Jak

Well spotted Jak.... it is a Schnitzer 'copy though', could be why it damaged so easy.. :bangin:

Before you claim make sure the local authority are aware of the particular pothole .... if it hasn't been reported as a new hazard they have a get out clause ........... obviously get someone else to report it since they will ask for your name and address and don't make your claim until you are sure that they have had chance to inspect the pothole

Well spotted Jak.... it is a Schnitzer 'copy though', could be why it damaged so easy..

I thought as much - didn't want to be rude though, but he's your mate you have the right to point out things like that!

Oh no mate that is really bad! Hope it can be repaired or easily replaced (by the council!!) :angry:

Maybe take a picture of the pothole also for your own reference!

I bent my steering rod in the Beetle years ago locally but that was before the blame and claim thing came in! :thumbdown:

That is really bad luck and we are all at risk. To be fair to the councils though this cold weather does destroy a lot of road surfaces. The water gets in any cracks, freezes & expands causing the damage. The industrial estate, where I work, has had the same problem, though they have reacted quickly to patch the potholes.

there is a service station on the A14 between ipswich and bury, i used it about 2 weeks ago when going to meet sub zero. never ever again. the entrance road to it was in complete disrepair, so bad was it that i ground out the front of my bumper on a speed bump that had a huge pot hole on both sides. it actually dislodged the rubber aero lip on the front. and scuffed the undersides of the skirts. i'm not lowered at all and never ground out so shows how bad they were.

it is a disgrace though, you pay for a service you don't get. like most things in the UK. :dry:

A local paper here is running a crusade on potholes just now. It's kind of fuelled by this.

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/1630839

They have been reporting on the worst roads and some of the pics were SHOCKING!

One road which is 100 yards long has had 119 seperate potholes reported!

My street is still covered in snow, it's never fully cleared from the 17th December so we've had it bad this year. The roads are getting dangerous.