Abbey Motorsport - Uprev Reflash for dummies

D'Milla

I'm new to this game (car modifications) hence the tile 'Uprev Reflash for dummies'.

I own a 350z 06 plate, approximately 60,000 miles on the clock. Today I booked in with Abbey Motorsport to for an Uprev reflash, just returned home after driving for a few hours after an extended test run post the Uprev reflash. Before I elaborate I'll explain why I went in the 1st place. I'm what you'd call a car modification novice. It took at least 1 week reading through the blogs and calling several garages just to understand all the jargon - reflash, Y-pipes, poppers (had no idea these were used on cars :teeth: ), Plenum, Dynos (I had one of these on my chopper bike when I was a kid for the light :teeth:). All I really wanted was a bit more juice mid-range and a better response from the engine when my wife wasn't looking.

Mark from Abbey Motorsport was the surgeon who operated on my car. Took a total of only 3 hours and cost £352.00. As Mark performed his magic and I watched the computer screens create coloured lines on a graph for a laugh. I thought that looks pretty.....but will I go faster. Then I started to spot big differences in the before and after graphs (see below). Mark also explained the horses (HP) were no where near whats quoted from nissan on an 06 model, I'll have a fiddle. All I know is the more he tapped away on that keyboard the sweeter the engine sounded at high revs (clean).

I was expecting to climb in and feel a nice change in torque when overtaking on the way home. How wrong was I. My car used to be a factory standard 350z. I dunno what they did but it feels like Usain Bolt is doing the business under the hood. My 1st dual carriage-way, I decided sink it....so did I, in the seat, what a difference...and the clean sound it now makes I'm sure would be in the finals of x-factor. Taking off from a stand still is also a marked difference, all the power and torque is available as soon as ya baby toe curls on the pedal.

Want to overtake, plant your foot in the gear you're in, ya driving a 350z Usain Bolt matey, gearing down would only be needed to show off. Now when my rev meter approaches the red line the car sounds healthy and replies 'give it some son' where as before ya kinda felt 'whoa boy'.

In summary all the chat about Uprev Reflash via a good garage is true - it really really really does make a difference for those normal drivers who just want a bit more. Many thanks to Tony and Mark from Abbey motorsport.

P.S. I didn't fully disclose why I went to the garage to my wife and I'm sure she'll ask the obvious question the next time she's driving and I've been drinking - It's the sparks plugs love, I changed em, there good ones aren't they?

post-3869-135011872975_thumb.jpg

post-3869-135011873056_thumb.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I do not really understand the graphs but i am very glad you are happy with the result's. Abbey are on my list of things to get done soon i hope so watch this space :thumbs:

The main thing to look for is the "area below the line" in all graphs. This is basically the gains that you have from the first run (the bottom one) to after the tune (the top one)

One thing that you dont get from the numbers and graph is that the cars, after uprev, have 100% open throttle thus giving more of a boost when you put your foot down. Guess the only way you will find out is when you put your foot down post tune!!

Also, you will see on graph 2 on the right, there is the change in the afr, air fuel ratio, this gives you again a bigger "boost" and also a better fuel economy when your not putting the power down.

:thumbs: nice to read about someone that's happy :yahoo:

so 24whp gain is that what I'm reading? Enjoy it!

Well done Abbey.... :#1:

Factory afr looks to be a bit all over the place???

Do you have the gains in figures from base dyno to the remap? whp and torq before and after?? Do you feel the difference in throttle response at all?

:snack:

Do you have the gains in figures from base dyno to the remap? whp and torq before and after?? Do you feel the difference in throttle response at all?

it,s on his 1st post above. lower numbers stock higher numbers tweaked!

Was your car totally standard before the Uprev reflash?

Yes , just added HKS filter and the remap.

Mark ( sorry to hi-jack the thread but I cant sleep......to much super unleaded in my lungs)

it,s on his 1st post above. lower numbers stock higher numbers tweaked!

Was your car totally standard before the Uprev reflash?

Yes , just added HKS filter and the remap.

Mark ( sorry to hi-jack the thread but I cant sleep......to much super unleaded in my lungs)

:blush:

WHP

228 up to 250.7 I think...

TQ

209 up to 223.6 I think...

Guess the pulls where done in 3rd gear?

uh... mph not km/h :doh: so 4th...

pain in my eyes now... :disguise:

One thing that you dont get from the numbers and graph is that the cars, after uprev, have 100% open throttle thus giving more of a boost when you put your foot down. Guess the only way you will find out is when you put your foot down post tune!!

100% open throttle? If it gives you quicker access to power, would there be any need/use for a throttle controller after having this done (I was thinking D1 spec) - or am I totally confusing things :wacko::wacko:

100% open throttle? If it gives you quicker access to power, would there be any need/use for a throttle controller after having this done (I was thinking D1 spec) - or am I totally confusing things :wacko::wacko:

Nope no need for a throttle controller unless you want to be able to change the ammount of signal to the ECU from your pedal. I have a throttle controller.. its called my left foot! :) Throttle controller wont give your 100% throttle open either!

Nope no need for a throttle controller unless you want to be able to change the ammount of signal to the ECU from your pedal. I have a throttle controller.. its called my left foot! :) Throttle controller wont give your 100% throttle open either!

You operate your throttle with your left foot?

:blink:

Just checking people are still awake!!! ;)

Its been known on a 500 mile drive though!

Just checking people are still awake!!! ;)

Its been known on a 500 mile drive though!

Fair one. :thumbs:

cheers - everyone is raving about the D1 Spec throttle controller, but from what you have said its not needed after a remap/flash??

ps congratz on 5000 posts - I missed that ;)

Hmmm so did i... +6238 elsewhere... Somehow I think I spend too much time on my hobby!