Number Plates

Demolition49

I personally don't bother but I can see why people do it.

For example in my gunmetal zed I could clone someone on here that has the same looking car as mines numberplate and go steal a full tank of optimax. or even worse drive through a few speed cameras!! maybe commit some other crime?

Definitely makes sense to do it.

its information i'd rather not share on an open forum,

never know who's watching,

my ex had her plate cloned and the police turned up because they thought her car had been used in a ram raid in liverpool.

But i drive my car around everyday where 1000's of people can see my number plate......... :dry:

Doesn't really make sense to me........

my ex had her plate cloned and the police turned up because they thought her car had been used in a ram raid in liverpool.

But i drive my car around everyday where 1000's of people can see my number plate......... :dry:

:lol::lol: exactly what I was thinking !?!?

:lol::lol: exactly what I was thinking !?!?

I think it makes for an easy target on certain cars. If you are looking to steal a Fezza to order, how many of them do you see kicking about to try and clone the plates off? Now go on the owners forum where there are loads of pics, and now you have an easy way to get a plate to clone for the car you steal. That means you can then drive it around, to the port or whatever and ANPR wont pic you up as being in a stolen car ;) I agree not such a problem on the Zed, but on other cars, its quite a common occurance

if some one wants to steal my car and they are determined enough they are going to steal it, i just don't plan on making it easy.

why do you need to know my plate? or see my plate, it takes me 5 seconds to blur it out.

it means you have to try harder to track my address or find another car to clone a plate off.

yes you can see my car drive around all day in my area, but theres not a lot i can do about that :lol:

I think it makes for an easy target on certain cars. If you are looking to steal a Fezza to order, how many of them do you see kicking about to try and clone the plates off? Now go on the owners forum where there are loads of pics, and now you have an easy way to get a plate to clone for the car you steal. That means you can then drive it around, to the port or whatever and ANPR wont pic you up as being in a stolen car ;) I agree not such a problem on the Zed, but on other cars, its quite a common occurance

I'd just have a quick drive to my local Nissan dealership, a lot quicker than trawling through 100's of threads to find a car the same colour :thumbs:

If i was a criminal that is....... ;)

I'd just have a quick drive to my local Nissan dealership, a lot quicker than trawling through 100's of threads to find a car the same colour :thumbs:

If i was a criminal that is....... ;)

Yes but say you were after a rare colour, say Brickyard or Interlargos Fire, where there are only a couple in the Uk. How would you get those plates? More likely to find the pics on the owners club. I'm not saying its the easiest or only way, but it certainly makes it easier for crims to get them for rare cars. ;)

Exactly. If you are putting your car on the net anywhere I can see why you would remove it, its easily done and it stops your car being an easy target. Not saying its not easy to get hold of peoples details, but why make yourself a target if you are bothered about it?

My car being so modded, if someone gets done speeding in a cloned GM Zed with my plates, its dead easy to prove its not me ;)

Yes but say you were after a rare colour, say Brickyard or Interlargos Fire, where there are only a couple in the Uk. How would you get those plates? More likely to find the pics on the owners club. I'm not saying its the easiest or only way, but it certainly makes it easier for crims to get them for rare cars. ;)

i have never heard of or seen these colours,

very smart B)

i have never heard of or seen these colours,

very smart B)

I beleive there are only 2 Interlargos Fires in the UK, a lovely colour B)B)

Chris you only have bolt on mods on the car ... would take all of about 25 mins to get that looking like every other OEM 350z in the country...

Yes but if they caught a plain one on camera speeding, it would be pretty easy to prove it wasnt me, that was the point. I'm not going to change my wheels, remove the stickers, interior retrimming, black badges, Recaros and cleared out fog which all could be seen from a pic just to go out speeding ;) I didnt mean so modded as is sooooo (modded lots), I meant in the way it was modded (ie bright wheels etc).