Where is everyone off to on holiday this year?

350zStephen

Has anyone been to Cancun before? I'm travelling there on the 24th of May for 14 nights with the girlfriend and i've read mixed reviews on which currency to take. Alot of people are recommending to take US dollars, and some are saying mexican peso's. The last thing I want is to turn up on holiday with funny money.

I'm going to the Blue Bay Club, which is an all inclusive hotel and it's sister hotel is called "Club Temptation" - from what i've read, both hotels are swinger's hotels. The girlfriend said she won't let me out her sight. :lol:

Also, can anyone recommend a decent lads holiday in Europe for 15 of us? We want something pretty messy, but not off the scale (i.e Malia, Ayia Napa). We've been to Gran Canaria, Tenerife, Lanzarote and Ibiza in previous years, so we're left with few options.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Hey been to Cancun four times :yahoo:

I would say take either or a mixture of both ( take one dollar bills for tips ) when we went in October we took mostly peso as exchange rate was much better, you wont find any problems whichever you decide to take

Blue Bay Club :blush:

Hope you enjoy Mexico as much as we do :yahoo:

Hey been to Cancun four times :yahoo:

I would say take either or a mixture of both ( take one dollar bills for tips ) when we went in October we took mostly peso as exchange rate was much better, you wont find any problems whichever you decide to take

Blue Bay Club :blush:

Hope you enjoy Mexico as much as we do :yahoo:

Cheers mate. Will do that!

Was it expensive when you were last there? As i'm all inclusive, I won't be out the hotel much for meals and drinks, but I think i'll get fed up staying in the same plate for two weeks.

Did you do any of the activities, such as swimming with dolphins, jet skiing, snorkeling etc?

We didn't go out much from hotel to be honest only to the shops and for a few drinks occasionally in the afternoon have had to ask Kenny as i'm hopeless with remembering prices of stuff and he's saying £2.50 ish for a bottle of beer.

We never went out to eat as food in hotel was :thumbs:

I cant swim so have never done any of the water activities think they are expensive tho

For a boys holiday, best place i've been for that is Bratislava in Slovakia with 19 of my mates.....that brings back some very funny memories......loads to do during the day and the night life is great

For myself and my wife, we would like to go back to the Maldives again (been there twice previously on diff island each time). We went last Dec09 and it was picture perfect with the weather, we go there for the relaxing atmosphere but mainly for the diving which I have to rate as the best dive site we have been to so far (dived in thailand, mauritius, egypt)

http://www.gasfinolhuisland.com/gallery.aspx?album=7

Try the jungle safari,it's a two man speedboat you drive yourself through the mangroves then you go about 4 miles out and snorkle over a reef.

Also recommend going to Akumel bay,it's were turtles breed and you snorkle over that.Saw barracuda,stingrays,turtles really good.

holiday..? whats that? when/how do i find time for it? :lol:

might have some long weekends away through the year to some places in the uk

prob going to get alot of windsurfing and climbing done tbh so will tour around peak district or wherever take my fancy in the zed ;)

also got a big road trip on the books with my mate, thinking france maybe....

if your splashing out id say a jungle trek through Thailand is pretty hard to beat, i have pictures somewhere of bamboo rafts, traveling on elephants, waterfall showers, my brother with attached leeches :lol: !! cant beat it :)

i really want to go and see mayan temples:

mayan-temple-forest-03.jpg

crater lake:

crater_lake_large.jpg

and banff national park:

Banff.jpg

Not got any planned holidays so far ... but I've decided that I'm definitely going to do a few more relaxed beach holidays this year compared to the numerous Lads drinking holidays I've done every year ...

I've got my brothers Stag do comming up in April but after that it's sandy beaches, and sunny skies!

We're on a Stag doo in July, looking at somewhere Eastern Bloc, which immediately bring cold, snow, ice, vodka to mind i.e. Russia, but in fact some Croatian resorts are really cut out for lads weekends away; cheap ale, good weather and GORGEOUS women :scare:B):lol:

Anyway, just booked Sauze D'Oulx in Italy for snowboarding in 6 weeks time (actually fly out on my 25th Bday), though in hindsight we could've just stayed here!!! :doh: Been there twice and love it

Then in March, parents are in Tenerife over dads 60th with all friends in a luxury hotel, i'm flying out with a buddy on the very day to suprise him :yahoo: probably give him a heart attack, 60th in Tin'o'beef A&E

2010 is looking good. Might need a last min jobby october / november, for some winter sun too

Banff looks stunning Husky, almost booked a boarding trip there but just missed out!

Just booked a week in the austrian alps snowboarding next month, will go away in summer too, might try cancun actually i've heard alot of good things about it. Might be able to fit in a couple of weekends away as well. I would love to go away alot more but the other half only gets 3 weeks a year, where as I get 3 weeks every off 5 weeks :lol:

R

Try the jungle safari,it's a two man speedboat you drive yourself through the mangroves then you go about 4 miles out and snorkle over a reef.

Also recommend going to Akumel bay,it's were turtles breed and you snorkle over that.Saw barracuda,stingrays,turtles really good.

That sounds brilliant, i'll be doing that :) cannot wait

crater lake:

crater_lake_large.jpg

Saw this on my laptop at work ... I thought wow

Just got back home ......... now looking at it on my IMac .... B):clap:B):clap::yahoo::yahoo::clap::clap::clap:

THAT IS STUNNING

i know, i was on a random google maps/images search a while back to find somewhere different and beautifull i wanted to visit. came across that, love it, planning to go, just dont know when yet. you can even streetview the road round it ;)