Newbie... MagaZine 350z Comp winner!!!!!

AmyZed

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, but there has to be some sort of timescale............how long do you keep waiting........another year.......another year.......the car will have already depreciated about £2k since she 'won' the car............you can't be nice forever........

So a free car that was worth 10k at the start of the year is now worth £8.5k but still free is a problem?? I understand your point, and im not talking about waiting 2 or 3 years :lol: Its been 8 months from what i have been reading, would 4 more months really be that much longer to wait if you already had a car and were in no financial crisis?

The point is, she doesnt own the car, so at any point they can pull out and call it off. If the mag owe the body shop money, or there is some dispute, it may not resolve itself until they go to court. Wouldnt imagine this is the first time something like this has happened.

What you want to know is the real reason of the hold up. You dont want to wait years for a car that is eventually not going to materialise. I agree you dont want solicitors, but you want to know whats going on. And IMO you will get bored of Max Power at some point, so I wouldnt worry about peeing on their parade too much, plenty of other mags out there :thumbs:

Blimey I see this saga continues?

I think

it is worth seeking professional

advice and don't go to the no win no fee ambulance chasers go to a local established solicitors I am sure they will give you a free

initial consultation and a price to follow up.

You need to decide what is important to you ? From your posts it appears you seem to be keen to show off your cars on a public circuit hence you don't want to p@@ on your shoes by causing a fuss but really you should consider the points made earlier? Get a definite date from them? Speak to the head cheese at the publishers? Make an appointment to see them at their office. They have a code to follow also? There are consumer sites and tv programmes that love this sort if thing. You don't care about that just want the car that you won fairly? So of course weigh up advice from family and friends and of course we care on the forum otherwise we wouldn't offer it here too. Think action needs taking regardless if the car is free or

paid for? Look at it another way if this continues for another 3 months and you eventually get the car I don't know about you but it would tarnish the whole thing or me and I would get rid of it anyway- bad memories etc? Well anyway my 5pences worth there , good luck Amy and make sure you post up a fresh thread when you do get it :lol:

Good points Chris :thumbs: Although i think they are friends so peeing on their parade because your bored of the mag might not be applicable :lol:

Cant urge you enough not to involve solicitors, fair enough if it was a purchased item or service, or even if they decided they were going to pull out from giving it to you, but its a prize from a group of friends.

Think about your options, dont act on emotion as it could cause more problems for you.

ive found recently that phoning/emailing them every day works quite well :)

On the basis that if they give you the car it will free up their telephone :lol:

Seriously though what are they playing at? I really do think that if they cannot decide on a firm delivery date to you by the end of January you need to take professional advice. I wonder what Mr Clarkson at Top Gear would think on the matter :help::help:

ive found recently that phoning/emailing them every day works quite well :)

On the basis that if they give you the car it will free up their telephone :lol:

Seriously though what are they playing at? I really do think that if they cannot decide on a firm delivery date to you by the end of January you need to take professional advice. I wonder what Mr Clarkson at Top Gear would think on the matter :help::help:

yep even if they are light hearted emails and phone calls in a friendly manner it gets them thinking "god i still need to do that" every day :thumbs:

The point is that the mag own the car, the problem is between the car and the garage and technically nothing to do with Amy at this point. The garage won't give a damn about Amy why should they? I tend to agree with cookie monster but i would also just keep prodding and definitely by phone once or twice a week, just to ask for updates and timescales and what the hold up is.

I have to say that I think Amy is being 'led up the garden path'. Something stinks with this whole thing is a big way. :angry:

I get the same feeling, hence why I think she should take some kind of ownership of it. My gut feeling is there is an issue between the mag and garage, and neither are budging on it. Until they sort out their beef with each other, the cars not going anywhere, even if its finished!

well mag havnt rang me yet :(

but oddly the solicitors did!! and they said tehyd spoken to their boss bout my case- and they want to help- and to forget about that £270 for the initial meeting, they said its a great story and they want to run with it WITH THE PRESS..... and they wont charge me a penny at all. Theyl just get me the car or £.

crap, this is getting mad :(

i said to them i will wait to hear from the magazine first... i really dont want to make enemies, and press involved (which is the deal if solicitors are free) the press will def hurt the mag, and the garage ...and i dont think i could live with that :( but i do want the car :( i think id rather not hurt people though! :(

Did you instruct the solicitors to do that? If not they should not have called them. But I guess its done and now they know you mean you want it. It might actually have been the best thing that could have happened. You just say you were exploring your options should they fail to give you the car soon, and they know you mean it! You havent gotten nasty demanding it, but they know you wont take any crap now. :thumbs:

I would call the solicitors and call them off now, and tell them they are not to do anything without your prior agreement from now on.

Did you instruct the solicitors to do that? If not they should not have called them. But I guess its done and now they know you mean you want it. It might actually have been the best thing that could have happened. You just say you were exploring your options should they fail to give you the car soon, and they know you mean it! You havent gotten nasty demanding it, but they know you wont take any crap now. :thumbs:

I would call the solicitors and call them off now, and tell them they are not to do anything without your prior agreement from now on.

The solicitors called Amy, not the magazine :p

i just spoke to them and who i need to speak to will ring me after his meeting- about the car.

they said its 100% my car and theres no doubt ill get it, they said unfortunately first they have to deal with that garage first :(

so they ringing me with a date.....

i have told solicitor NOT to do anything unless i call em back.

the latest ill wait is to get the car at donny at silverstone april 10th..... and i think thats really realistic- gives them alot of time to sort their troubles out with finance and this garage........

The solicitors called Amy, not the magazine :p

Doh - men really shouldnt try to multitask. Better check the design I was doing when reading that, its probably wrong too :lol:

Right! had a chat with editor and guy in charge of comp-

Next week he is threatening garage-he has proof of money he gave the garage, and the work has not been done (like i thought and from what ive seen- i have visited garage alot- its not all done, not just the headlight, lambo doors and other bits)

He will get a date the garage will complete the car next week and tell me, if the garage dont do this then the mag is taking them to court... something they didnt want to do at all- as before this they had a good working relationship!!! i am shocked this garage have let this magazine down also.... bit silly really considering the mag put their cars in all the time!!

so ill get a date next week....however if it goes to court- that may take a while to settle.... so no guarantee when ill get it if the garage dont act fast and do all the work. They said theyl give it to another garage and charge that one for its in now for the work! ....

so, im in same boat, but he said he'll keep me informed more than he has been, and hes sorry.

i just gotta wait ........

at least you've heard something and know what the problem is now

i'd keep ringing them once/twice a week to keep them focused and to get them to put it with another garage sooner rather than later if it's not resolved quickly

best of luck

I wonder what the garages version of events is................

well- the garage say they used all the £ on the car, and that the costs to modify it were more than the amount given...... so the garage are saying they are owed money to complete the car. pretty sure this is untrue, and i know the amount this garage was given! im pretty sure theyre lying!!

and also a garage give you a quote of how much work will be, you give them that money- they then cant change the amount they want!?

and also a garage give you a quote of how much work will be, you give them that money- they then cant change the amount they want!?

Depends on what contract there is between the mag and the garage. Some projects are fixed price and some are time and materials, if the garage are on a T&M contract, and work has taken longer than expected due to unforseen problems, they may be rightly trying to claim more money. Not easy to just claim the amount the garage was given was enough when we dont know the type of contract ;) Even if it is a fixed price deal, if there have been alterations to the plan or unforseen problems the garage can still claim for the extra work. If that goes to court, you may be waiting even longer :surrender: